• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - New to boxing (1 Viewer)

RedCents
299¢
Hi guys, I've played eq sense back in '99, I've taken a few years ofd and am getting back into it again, I've boxed by alt tab and controlling all characters manually for a while and decided I should look into using very vanilla to make if less difficult and more enjoyable, I will be using a 110ish necro/sk/mage to start with, any advice would be greatly appreciated, I have a little experience with mq from emu servers, but that was with most of the work already done.

Welcome back to EQ and welcome to RedGuides.

Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

Hi guys, I've played eq sense back in '99, I've taken a few years ofd and am getting back into it again, I've boxed by alt tab and controlling all characters manually for a while and decided I should look into using very vanilla to make if less difficult and more enjoyable, I will be using a 110ish necro/sk/mage to start with, any advice would be greatly appreciated, I have a little experience with mq from emu servers, but that was with most of the work already done.
Welcome! Before you begin, there's a few active discussions on expectations. This application will change your world...of Norrath. Without a doubt, it's the coolest systems with a great community and automation that makes EQ a different game. That said, it comes with significant risk. You could be targeted and lose these characters, permanently. This is a caveat emptor.

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Welcome back and welcome to RG Cybastandark!!!

It seems the long break and then returning back to EQ as many here have done the same thing, myself included. Nostalgia I guess. This site and community makes the game far more enjoyable.

To get started, watch the vids Sic has created as they are your greatest source of information. I would even recommend watching them twice. Toon Movement - AutoGroup/AutoAccept/MQ2Yes - Basic Overview

Once you have an idea of how things work, you'll want to look into some automation options. Check out Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free and you'll want to spend some time looking at CWTN Plugins Explained.).

I suggest getting your feet wet slowly and be patient as it takes time to absorb all this information. Try taking your toons somewhere safe and lower level at first and explore the automation options. It takes some time to get used to, so don't be surprised it if feels overwhelming at first.

Once you feel like your're getting the hang of it (or to get a more in depth idea of what this site can do), then check out the plugins, macros, and lua's available to complement your automation. Things like MQ2pluginmanager, buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, MQ2Autoaccept, MQ2Status, GuildClicky, Boxhud, MQ2Buffme, Magellan and more. You'll also want to see Lua event manager.

Welcome! Before you begin, there's a few active discussions on expectations. This application will change your world...of Norrath. Without a doubt, it's the coolest systems with a great community and automation that makes EQ a different game. That said, it comes with significant risk. You could be targeted and lose these characters, permanently. This is a caveat emptor.
I can understand that completely, there are precautions to take and things to avoid, I've been having some discussions with someone on FV about how to use it and what not to do to avoid the ban hammer

Welcome back and welcome to RG Cybastandark!!!

It seems the long break and then returning back to EQ as many here have done the same thing, myself included. Nostalgia I guess. This site and community makes the game far more enjoyable.

To get started, watch the vids Sic has created as they are your greatest source of information. I would even recommend watching them twice. Toon Movement - AutoGroup/AutoAccept/MQ2Yes - Basic Overview

Once you have an idea of how things work, you'll want to look into some automation options. Check out Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free and you'll want to spend some time looking at CWTN Plugins Explained.).

I suggest getting your feet wet slowly and be patient as it takes time to absorb all this information. Try taking your toons somewhere safe and lower level at first and explore the automation options. It takes some time to get used to, so don't be surprised it if feels overwhelming at first.

Once you feel like your're getting the hang of it (or to get a more in depth idea of what this site can do), then check out the plugins, macros, and lua's available to complement your automation. Things like MQ2pluginmanager, buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, MQ2Autoaccept, MQ2Status, GuildClicky, Boxhud, MQ2Buffme, Magellan and more. You'll also want to see Lua event manager.

I have some experience with mq, having used it on a multi box emu server back when the rof client was the primary install source, but the mq compile I used came with the emu server download and alot of the plug in work and ini files had already been set up and just required putting in spell names and such into the ini file, this seems like a bit more of a learning curve, but having seen what it can do first hand (5 levels where all we did was talk and he let the program do everything) I'm intrigued and want to see what I can do if im.actually playing.

I can understand that completely, there are precautions to take and things to avoid, I've been having some discussions with someone on FV about how to use it and what not to do to avoid the ban hammer
"avoid" is a strong word here. Are there things you can do that help avoid being suspended or banned, yes. @Doc James has a great post below addressing it. Unfortunately, MQ is not permitted per the EQ EULA and any account using it is subject to action being taken by DPG.

"avoid" is a strong word here. Are there things you can do that help avoid being suspended or banned, yes. @Doc James has a great post below addressing it. Unfortunately, MQ is not permitted per the EQ EULA and any account using it is subject to action being taken by DPG.

Right on, avoid is a strong word, but the advice I was given seems to mirror the post you linked to, avoid using in area's where others are present, do not use while not at the keyboard, do not use chase when in non instance zones, that sort of thing

First play on FV the ruleset and business as well as availability of quality gear and the XP boost make it a no brainier.

Next Make a hybrid tank and a Shaman. They will anchor your group. SK if you like offense, Pally if you prefer defense. Whatever else you make is gravy. But you need a real tank and a Shaman is the top of the food chain healer buffer DPS.

Third spend the extra money for the Plugins if you want the best Boxing and EQ experience. At least for the rank and healer. If you can afford it get the plugins for your whole group when you can.

Finally use these boards the wonderful people here who are so knowledgeable as a resource and take advantage of all the resources. Ask if you have any doubts. Others will give you more detailed advice. Listen especially to Red Monkey if she tells you about the Red Cents.

Also and maybe most importantly your tank has to eat first. Best gear and best weapon you can afford go on your tank. Then you outfit the healer then many people do Bards if you have one, pure DPS melee then get the best weapons you can afford followed by armor for casters.

I have been playing around with it, I have gotten it to do alot of what I want it to do with some trial and error, but I can't seem to get the mage to give the pet toys to the other two pet class's, is there a special code that needs to go in to make that happen?

I dont think kissassist does it automatically but you can request them. here is the snippet out of the wiki:

Requesting pet gear on other characters from your mage
Works with any box communication option, including MQ2EQBC and MQ2DanNet.
EQBC Examples:
/bct magename //pettoysplz ${Me.Pet.Name} - Pet toys: ability to request pettoys on demand for any pet.
/bct magename //pettoysplz GROUP - Pet toys: ability to request pettoys for all group's pets.

Syntax: /bct {Group.Member} //pettoysplz {MyPetName}
Example: /bct MegaMage //pettoysplz StinkyPet
Syntax: /bct {Group.Member} //pettoysplz GROUP
Example: /bct MegaMage //pettoysplz GROUP

ugh, this macro wont load now, and im not sure what i did

[General]
KissAssistVer=12.002
Role=Assist
CampRadius=30
CampRadiusExceed=400
ReturnToCamp=0
ChaseAssist=0
ChaseDistance=25
MedOn=1
MedStart=50
MedStop=100
MedCombat=0
LootOn=0
RezAcceptOn=1|90
AcceptInvitesOn=1
GroupWatchOn=0
GroupWatchCheck=FALSE
CorpseRecoveryOn=0
EQBCOn=1
DanNetOn=0
DanNetDelay=20
IRCOn=0
CampfireOn=0
CharInfo=Necromancer|113|GOLD
DefaultUI=TRUE
DPSMeter=0
ScatterOn=0
LOSBeforeCombat=0
UseSpawnMaster=0
XTSlot=0
[Buffs]
BuffsOn=1
BuffsSize=6
Buffs1=Mortifier's Unity|dual|Flesh to Venom Rk. II|
Buffs2=Frozen Skin Rk. II
Buffs3=Necrotic Cysts Rk. II|Ma
Buffs4=Shield of Destiny Rk. II
Buffs5=NULL
Buffs6=NULL
RebuffOn=1
CheckBuffsTimer=10
PowerSource=NULL
[DPS]
DPSOn=2
DPSSize=18
DPSSkip=1
DPSInterval=2
DPS1=Eradicate Magic|99
DPS2=${InvSlot[Chest].Item.Name}|99
DPS3=Chaotic Miasma Rk. II|97
DPS4=Tserrina's Grasp Rk. II|97
DPS5=Mourgis' Grip of Decay Rk. II|97
DPS6=Grip of Zorglim Rk. II|97
DPS7=Vilefang's Swift Venom Rk. II|97
DPS8=Oblivion Rk. II|97
DPS9=Searing Venin Rk. II|97
DPS10=Refute for Blood|97
DPS11=Burning Shadow|97
DPS12=Mind Excoriation|97
DPS13=Rise of Bones|97|weave
DPS14=Swarm of Decay|97weave
DPS15=Wake the Dead|97weave
DPS16=Call Skeleton Army|97
DPS17=command:/pet qswarm|97Once
DPS18=NULL
DebuffAllOn=1
DPS2=Scent of Thule|99|debuffall|once
DPS18=NULL
[Heals]
HealsOn=1
HealsSize=4
Heals1=SoulGouge Rk.II|80|Tap
Heals2=Embalmer's Carapace|70|Me
Heals3=Death Peace|50
Heals4=Death's Effigy|25
AutoRezOn=0
Help=Format Spell|% to heal at i.e. Devout Light Rk. II|50
HealInterval=0
XTarHeal=0
XTarHealList=Xtar slots here Example: 5|6|7
HealGroupPetsOn=0
RezMeLast=0
[Pet]
PetOn=1
PetCombatOn=1
PetSpell=Tserrina's Shade
PetBuffsOn=1
PetBuffsSize=3
PetBuffs1=Sigil of Decay
PetBuffs2=Infuse Ally
PetBuffs3=Cascading Dreadshield
PetRampPullWait=0
PetSuspend=0
PetForceHealOnMed=0
PetFocus=NULL
PetShrinkOn=0
PetShrinkSpell=Tiny Companion
PetAssistAt=95
PetAttackDistance=115
PetToysSize=6
PetBreakMezSpell=NULL
MoveWhenHit=0
PetHoldOn=1
[Burn]
BurnSize=15
BurnAllNamed=1
Burn1=Companion's Fortification
Burn2=Companion's Fury
Burn3=Hand of Death
Burn4=Life Burn
Burn5=Dying Grasp
Burn6=Spire of Necromancy
Burn7=Heretic's Twincast
Burn8=Swarm of Decay
Burn10=Forceful Rejuvenation
Burn11=Vilefang's Swift Venom Rk. II
Burn12=Composite Paroxysm
Burn13=Burning Shadow
Burn14=Call Skeleton Army
Burn15=Burn Bones
UseTribute=0
Burn9=NULL
[GoM]
GoMSize=3
GoMSpell1=Searing Venin Rk. II
GoMSpell2=Refute for Blood Rk. II
GoMSpell3=Burn Bones
GoMSHelp=Format - Spell|Target, MA Me or Mob, i.e. Rampaging Servant Rk. II|Mob
[KConditions]
ConOn=0
CondSize=5
Cond1=TRUE
Cond2=TRUE
Cond3=TRUE
Cond4=TRUE
Cond5=TRUE
[Spells]
Gem1=Chaotic Miasma Rk. II
Gem2=Tserrina's Grasp Rk. II
Gem3=Mourgis' Grip of Decay Rk. II
Gem4=Grip of Zorglim Rk. II
Gem5=Vilefang's Swift Venom Rk. II
Gem6=Oblivion Rk. II
Gem7=Searing Venin Rk. II
Gem8=Refute for Blood Rk. II
Gem9=Burning Shadow
Gem10=Mind Excoriation
Gem11=Call Skeleton Army
Gem12=SoulGouge Rk.II
Gem13=Burn Bones
MiscGem=8
MiscGemLW=0
MiscGemRemem=1
LoadSpellSet=0
SpellSetName=KissAssist
CastingInterruptOn=1
CheckStuckGem=1
[Melee]
AssistAt=95
MeleeOn=0
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=75
StickHow=snaproll
AutoFireOn=0
UseMQ2Melee=0
TargetSwitchingOn=0
PetTauntOverride=0
[GMail]
GMailHelp=Events currently support - Dead,Drag,GM,Level,Named,Leftgroup,Tells
GMailOn=0
GMailSize=5
GMail1=NULL
GMail2=NULL
GMail3=NULL
GMail4=NULL
GMail5=NULL
[AE]
AEOn=0
AESize=10
AERadius=50
AE1=NULL
AE2=NULL
AE3=NULL
AE4=NULL
AE5=NULL
AE6=NULL
AE7=NULL
AE8=NULL
AE9=NULL
AE10=NULL
[Aggro]
AggroOn=0
AggroSize=5
Aggro1=NULL
Aggro2=NULL
Aggro3=NULL
Aggro4=NULL
Aggro5=NULL
[Cures]
CuresOn=0
CuresSize=5
Cures1=NULL
Cures2=NULL
Cures3=NULL
Cures4=NULL
Cures5=NULL
[Merc]
Help=To use: Turn off Auto Assist in Manage Mercenary Window
MercOn=0
MercAssistAt=92
[Mez]
MezOn=0
MezRadius=50
MezMinLevel=Min Mez Spell Level
MezMaxLevel=Max Mez Spell Level
MezStopHPs=80
MezSpell=Your Mez Spell|2
MezDebuffOnResist=0
MezDebuffSpell=Your Debuff Spell
[Pull]
PullWith=Melee
PullMeleeStick=0
MaxRadius=350
MaxZRange=50
UseWayPointZ=0
PullWait=5
PullRadiusToUse=90
PullRoleToggle=0
ChainPull=0
ChainPullHP=90
PullPause=30|2
PullLevel=0|0
PullArcWidth=0
PullOnReturn=0
[PullAdvanced]
PullLocsOn=0
[AFKTools]
AFKHelp=AFKGMAction=0 Off, 1 Pause Macro, 2 End Macro, 3 Unload MQ2, 4 Quit Game
AFKToolsOn=1
AFKGMAction=1
AFKPCRadius=500
CampOnDeath=0
ClickBacktoCamp=0

without showing your char names, can you take a snip
Take an easy screen snip:
  1. Shift+Windows Key+S
  2. Select the area you wish to copy
  3. Control+V to paste it into a forum message
and post the ending error? (should be in red text)

In the [DPS] section, you have several entries labeled DPS18=NULL that seem to be unused. You may want to remove these entries to avoid confusion
In the [DPS] section, you have two entries with the label DPS2
In the [DPS] section, you have entries labeled DPS2 and DPS18 after DPS13, which might not be intended.
Ensure that spell names are accurate

Thank you, I'm still learning alot, that is a modification of an ini I took out of the library to tinker with a working Ini, I'm still pretty basic, getting the hang of controlling a necro mage and sk. I thought weave was for anything not effected by global cool down, so for example with the mage, force of elements |weave

these lines:
INI:
DPS15=Wake the Dead|97weave
should be like this:
INI:
DPS15=Wake the Dead|97|weave

you were missing a separator
thank you, there was a couple other instances where i had done that too, guess thats what happens when your editing a file when your supposed to be in bed sleeping lol

I'm not sure I stressed this enough. You should Play on FV. The economy in and outside the bazaar is unlike anything else. You can buy raid armor right now in the bazaar. The XP bonus helps you level faster than other servers. You will wonder why you ever slogged through a no drop server for years. My last armor purchase was 90 million plat. That was a typical one month purchase for me. And would be for you in less than 6 months most likely.

I'm not sure I stressed this enough. You should Play on FV. The economy in and outside the bazaar is unlike anything else. You can buy raid armor right now in the bazaar. The XP bonus helps you level faster than other servers. You will wonder why you ever slogged through a no drop server for years. My last armor purchase was 90 million plat. That was a typical one month purchase for me. And would be for you in less than 6 months most likely.
Im on FV, i love it there.

IRL - New to boxing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back