• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - New here (1 Viewer)

DMcGrew24

RedCents
120¢
Hey All, Im new here. Wondering if Redguides MQ2 is worth subbing for.
Looking to box my characters with ease.
All repsonses are appreciated :)

What is you r box crew? level? And welcome to RG.

Kissassist might be a great entry into boxing for you. Can find out more Here.
Premade INI files can be found Here for your kissassist

RGMercs is also good and can be found Here.

Also don't forget to grab the launcher, it will facilitate your installing everything you need.

Last edited:
The cwtn plugins are super duber easy, load and play, not much to figure out.

Check out Sic on youtube. Dude does great vids for CWTN plug ins. And CWTN does fantastic job on the plugins

Hey All, Im new here. Wondering if Redguides MQ2 is worth subbing for.
Looking to box my characters with ease.
All repsonses are appreciated :)

RG is 100% worth it. The community is fantastic, Very Vanilla is pretty easy to use out of the box as well as it's alternatives, and any questions you have are almost certain to be answered without much hassle.
It very well may just be me, but it almost entirely transitions the game from an MMORPG to like, a resource management RTS Sim. Instead of being one or two characters fighting stuff, its more like setting adventurers out on missions to slay 100,000 monsters while maximizing their potential via ini, ensuring spells and skills are bought and trained, and equipment gets replaced from time to time. As my schedule has become much more work packed it's nice to be able to still enjoy my favorite game, even without as much time to dedicate to actually playing it. Similar to an idle game I suppose.

Either way, rambling aside, Red Guides is awesome just like everyone here. Including you now:

giphy (1).gif

This is a great community with many people going out of there way to help each! Highly recommended.

Once you get used to playing with MQ you will never go back I assure you!

Remember while you are level 2 you can Redcent peoples posts and share the love!

I was boxing 2 characters on phinigel before changing server and joining rg. A friend of mine gave me 30 days of rg so coyld try it out. That was 8-9 months ago. It is so worth it! Even if i just have a hour, i can still log on and do something, instead of sitting lfg fot 1 hour and logging off. Before rg i had only played warrior and sk and knew very little about other characters potential, now i know alot about most classes because i play so many diffrent classes...still no monk or zerk tho, thinking about fixing that this weekend 😄

Wondering if Redguides MQ2 is worth subbing for
Makes all the difference imo! Never been a raider, never really gotten the good loot. Now, I have completed several expansions, including the latest. Maxxed all tradeskills and most important, having so much fun! Feels like nothing is impossible with my 6 crew.

Welcome to RG!
As a long time lurker myself that just started to actually post more often I can say that the community here is awesome. When I started dabbling in more serious boxing I was running 3 accounts with KissAssist and using mercs to back my play. After using the tools longer and really watching the community pages and getting help I am now running multiple groups of 6 with ease. As mentioned above - the plugins from CWTN and Sic are amazing when/if you are ready to take your team to a next level. I am one of those perma-leveling kind of people that likes to make groups and go without having to LFG, and at the times that fit my schedule. These tools are amazing for just that. I can play whenever I want and do group content at my own pace with as many crazy class combos as I can come up with. If you are a fan of EQ, you are in the right place.

Last edited:
Started a couple months ago myself. Well worth it. Able to accomplish quests and mission I would never have done without it.

just keep in mind, it’s not a set it and forget it. My wife asks me if playing EQ is still fun since I can put my team on auto pilot while grinding, I find it just as fun tweaking my auto pilot. You will always be learning and always be improving. The community is great, have a question post it, or ask in discord.

Welcome to the cool side of the pillow! I won’t lie I was very apprehensive about loading this up, and even more afraid of posting questions on the forums, because we all know how that ones when your Looking for information. I have to say when I finally pulled the the trigger I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of help, and the ease of setup. The folks here are pretty cool, they respond well, don’t flame, and most importantly help level 1 and 2 alike. From the game side man going level 2 with the launcher is just like a knife through butter, you like a macro and bam it installs for you. CWTN has banging plugins (you do have to pay for some, but totaly worth it). Sic has great vids to you can check out his setup and hot key vids on YouTube.

Last time I left EQ for a longer pause was, because I got too stressed boxing my toons manually. When I came back for EQ at first I activated only the account of my main and had the luck to get a slot in a group of my guild to play 2 ours 3 days a week. Not long til I came to the point to play more. To avoid to get stressed again I searched around and luckily stumbled over RG.
Now I am at the point to have 8 toons in full T3 gear, 3 of them at max Aa's and another 3 at almost max aa's. I have more fun than I ever had boxing with the tools at hand and have a nice time chatting in TS while farming Stuff/aa's.

IRL - New here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back