• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - New here, kind of (1 Viewer)

TheZaz

RedCents
110¢
Hi Im Zaz and I guess I made an account a long time ago and forgot about it. I was sent this way by a fellow boxer after he got me back into EQ, he knew that in the past I was doing everything manual.. with my old crew I was a typing fool where the game was more headache. I now have been educated about this software and how it can make my gaming less hectic, so I will try it out.
I have been trying to find a tutorial on how to run two accounts on one machine because I am down to 5 computers that are older. I will try to pick up a new laptop to run the new two accounts I hope to start after I can get the other 10 running on the 5 machines.
can SIC change my username to TheZaz.?

Attachments

• my old eq setup.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 3
Depending on your ram, you should easily be able to run 6 on most laptops, if they are not like 15+ years old.

Hi Im Zaz and I guess I made an account a long time ago and forgot about it. I was sent this way by a fellow boxer after he got me back into EQ, he knew that in the past I was doing everything manual.. with my old crew I was a typing fool where the game was more headache. I now have been educated about this software and how it can make my gaming less hectic, so I will try it out.
I have been trying to find a tutorial on how to run two accounts on one machine because I am down to 5 computers that are older. I will try to pick up a new laptop to run the new two accounts I hope to start after I can get the other 10 running on the 5 machines.
Welcome back!

Definitely check out the new user vids + name changes are done in the Redcent shop

:rc A Redcent is the currency of our community. You can trade them in for Level 2 access, Krono, and more. Learn about them here:

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Happy Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

I had taken a long break, came back and EQ alone had a lot of changes, the walk throughs are nice, not everything is answered, but it's enough to be dangerous LOL... that said, I definitely found that learning and refining the INI taught me the most; experiment here, ask a question here, apply it there, seemed to teach me the most about it... I really enjoyed the older INI websites that walked me through (though I believe some are out of date or whatnot... they still were a really great place to learn a basic knowledge)

KISSASSIST

Still one of my favorites for learning and quick reference, if there's better, I am unaware... another one I liked for / macro commands was

MQ2MOVEUTILS

Just a couple nuggets that help me sort it out... and then again, asking questions of the community here @ RG has been HUGE!

Good Luck and Welcome Back!

Just my two red:rcents.

[HINT: 🐻 You too can help prevent forum fires by also "red:rcenting" (click the :rc icon to the right ---->)

your ram should be more than fine for 6 accts and an 8 yr old computer will handle one group fine as well. i was running 12 on a 14yr old comp with the same amt of ram just fine. Welcome back to the greatest box community out there!! i always like to remind newcomers of two important things:

1 - as great as MQ is, it does get frowned upon by some players and is also against the EULA. be sure to play responsibly and politely to avoid any suspensions bans etc

2 - test server is an awesome place to box. you can copy your toons as they are and take part of permanent gold status along with server only perks like double exp etc. plus it allows you to try out all the great plugins on this site first to find out if you would like to purchase!

again welcome back

I would try to run on 1 computer, the framelimiter is amazing in saving computer power. And you actually only need to monitor 1 char since the rest is on automatisation and can easily be controlled with hotbuttons in the rare occasions you need to tell them to do anything.

IRL - New here, kind of

Users who are viewing this thread

Back