• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

new email from accountstatus (1 Viewer)

Definitely confirmed that its sharedbank thats causing the bannings. My friend just got banned tonight, and my accounts are still up, and the only thing different between the two of us is the use of shared.

nice to see you got lucky Chojin , im still awaiting a reply from the second e-mail i got from SoE , keeping fingers crossed despite enjoying my second account atm (just got cleric epic 1 finally yesterday :p ) i miss my fully flagged main !

point is, that character has never warped, zoned, gated shared etc, but did macro very quietly in an instanced zone. never in the open, and never where it could be petitioned, it made use of carefully written macros that moved everywhere, onfoot and never once did it affect another players experience..

Chojiin, were you kiting with your bard in FH? If not do you mind saying what you were doing? I've seen a trend of mainly shared bank slot getting banned, some bard kiting, and a few warpers

your resulting "End Stock holder" as well as I know the numbers of people that use 3rd party software at one point or another to "enhance" gameing experince to be more than 50% of your playerbase..

That destroyed the validity of your entire argument. Stockholders for Sony will probably say "What's Everquest?"

darkmoon said:
Chojiin, were you kiting with your bard in FH? If not do you mind saying what you were doing? I've seen a trend of mainly shared bank slot getting banned, some bard kiting, and a few warpers

Forgotten halls, bard kiting macro, with potion events, and new expedition pathing, no warps, zone fade etc, camps on death, very clean ran for 4 days unattended once...

no shared ever... they had to be watching the instance, or camping the stone to see who is comming and going.

Thanks for the warning. For me, for now, I think I am going to focus on using the Map and tracking functions, no warps or macros till things cool down.

Its easily a matter of priorities and conveniance. Ban the shared bank people first, its easiest to catch and prove. Then next work on warps and weird anomolies. Then camp at spots where people use macros and watch.

People can be banned for all this stuff, but they prioritized and did the easiest first.

*shrug* I dunno what you did to get caught, man... I've been doing that exact same thing for over 4 months now, except with several toons grouped and supplementing eachother with DoTs and heals. Maybe my group looks like they are playing legit... *boggle*

-CodeCaster

lol, yeah, maybe SoE underestimates our ability to macro entire groups. In terms of priorities I'd be this is pretty far down on the priorities list...in terms of threads we have going i bet they're going after:

1.shared bank
2.autotask (and warping/gating, esp. warping macros)
3.straight macros

i bet we'll come up with something new before they get around to mass bans for people using forgotten halls type macros

You guys notice the people perpetuating this "sky is falling mentality" just RECENTLY joined? Within the last month? And have less than 2 posts?

Interesting to say the least.

letmein said:
You guys notice the people perpetuating this "sky is falling mentality" just RECENTLY joined? Within the last month? And have less than 2 posts?

Interesting to say the least.
You mean, besides you? /grin

Yeah, cause I HAVEN'T been saying that the bans stopped LAST friday.

It's done and over with.They aren't plotting against people, or moving up a "list" to ban more people.

They did bannings for a week. That's it. I think everything else is a crock. If you didn't get picked up in that week of bannings, and your not still using noshared, or ghosting, or 10,000 warps a week, then your not gonna get banned. And for macroing ONLY, you'll never get banned for that. Never.

[Sat Oct 22 23:56:25 2005] Buglex tells you, 'Greetings Bard_01. This is GM Buglex. Are you safe to chat?'

[Sun Oct 23 00:07:56 2005] Buglex tells you, 'I have been watching your for a while now. I am suspending your account for using 3rd party software to gain experience while away from your keyboard.'

i have not used Shared and ghost for the last couple of month but still got suspended. and i dont warp more then like 20 times a day if i even bother to log on. And this GM popped at Vxed kite spot like 10 min after i started the mac. So my bet is that they can and will ban random ppl who use instanced afk mac.

Letmein, that couldn't be true. I have friends who did not use MQ2 after the new expansion who just got banned for using noshared before the latest expansion.

I think that there were a LOT of people who used noshared (thousands). Each case of EULA violation that leads to a ban must be handled independently and carefully by Sony or they could find themselves with a nasty class action suit on their hands. Therefore, I think they do have a list, and it's only a matter of time for them to ban everyone on this list. How they created the list and who is on it one can only speculate.

I pour out the 40oz. for all those who lost their accts.

elmokev said:
[Sat Oct 22 23:56:25 2005] Buglex tells you, 'Greetings Bard_01. This is GM Buglex. Are you safe to chat?'

[Sun Oct 23 00:07:56 2005] Buglex tells you, 'I have been watching your for a while now. I am suspending your account for using 3rd party software to gain experience while away from your keyboard.'

i have not used Shared and ghost for the last couple of month but still got suspended. and i dont warp more then like 20 times a day if i even bother to log on. And this GM popped at Vxed kite spot like 10 min after i started the mac. So my bet is that they can and will ban random ppl who use instanced afk mac.
looking at the time you did not say anything to him for allmost 8 Hrs then? if thats the case and and he been watching you you prob had it comming I seen about 50 post here saying that they watch Vxed Ect.Ect.

elmokev said:
[Sat Oct 22 23:56:25 2005]
[Sun Oct 23 00:07:56 2005]

That would be 11 minutes, wouldn't it? Not 8 hours. Still tho, they are watching, seems silly to even attempt it.

viper said:
That would be 11 minutes, wouldn't it? Not 8 hours. Still tho, they are watching, seems silly to even attempt it.
Your right beer goggles on but still silly to try it after all the post

HAH! I killed buglex in arena back on 7th once, stupid green warrior. He told me he was being moved off 7th to an EQ2 server =/ hrmm anyhow tat sounds just like him

Vxed huh.

That must be a hot-spot.

And why isn't anyone's GM checks camping them?

Are people THAT "un-smart" to not include it in their mac?
Cause if you are, well then....you run a much higher risk of getting nabbed.

Letmein,

I may not have been a member here very long but i have been an EQ player since 99, True I'm new to the cheater community, and i only shared my message since the thread was started for it, I'm not trying to perpetuate the "sky is falling" if you were refering to me, but they are banning accounts for macros, not just for warps, zones and whatever else is available, just because we are new dosn't make us any less worthy, just less experienced, so lets not let this thread start into the flames, and as i've told my personal friends, there are some here that said "i don't know why they banned me" well I was cheating, and I know why they banned me, I'm not regretful in the least, If they give the account back i intend to continue to quietly macro, it's what makes the game interesting to me.

letmein said:
And why isn't anyone's GM checks camping them?

GM checks only work if the GM is just popping in a zone for routine stuff un-cloaked. If a GM is looking to bust someone for 3rd party apps they'll be zoning in cloaked and no client side GM check will see them.

Chojiin said:
Letmein,

I may not have been a member here very long but i have been an EQ player since 99, True I'm new to the cheater community, and i only shared my message since the thread was started for it, I'm not trying to perpetuate the "sky is falling" if you were refering to me, but they are banning accounts for macros, not just for warps, zones and whatever else is available, just because we are new dosn't make us any less worthy, just less experienced, so lets not let this thread start into the flames, and as i've told my personal friends, there are some here that said "i don't know why they banned me" well I was cheating, and I know why they banned me, I'm not regretful in the least, If they give the account back i intend to continue to quietly macro, it's what makes the game interesting to me.

Wasn't ment as a flame. Nor as a "noob" comment. More like a "these new people may be SoE employees trying to stir up paranoia" reply.

I just find it strange that the posts that perpetuate the "people are still getting banned, cause I just was banned" have just registered, and or have less than 10 posts. There is a large contingent of people out there that want MQ2 dead and will do anything to curb us from using it ingame.

That is all.

To the mods: I'm not trying to be inflammatory here, but I do believe I'm speaking for most of the community here when i say:

Letmein ... stfu please. Not only are you incredibly new here, but you're also apparently clueless. For every post claiming the sky is falling we have one of your not so witty (and very missleading) cookie cutter replies claiming that bans are over, and that certain unsafe practices are indeed safe. Two more friends busted in FH yesterday and the day before and banned. You're not safe, and they are not done banning. Quit spreading false information please, there are people here who will take your posts at face value and put themselves in bad situations.

I don't want to be overly critical here, but there are people posting very helpful information about what to watch out for and what to be careful doing.

sahaf.jpg

-Letmein: Sony is no longer banning everquest accounts. I repeat ...the infidels have not laid foot in our holy instanced bard kite zones.

We don't need your input right now (or anymore for that matter).

Post count what?

Now both you two babies, keep to yourselves, before I spank your little bottoms blue.

Although Keith, that was pretty funny IMO.

LOL

SOE is always banning accounts, not taking sides here, but don't be stupid and think you can macro and warp safely when they're "not banning", because they are. The only time it gets announced to us though is when 500 people get banned instantly for the same thing.

Everytime you do anything other than double click the MQ2 icon, you have a chance of getting at least a suspension....

Now delete this please.

guys,

like i said in my first post to Letmein, lets not let this turn into a flame thread, this should be for the benifit of those not yet banned, and to share info on what's happening in the community, i wasn't trying to start a flame war, nor be the Herald, so lets let this thread continue for what the purpose it was intended for...Thanks

SOE is such a bunch of morons sometimes.....I mean Guide/GM whise. Currently my account is suspended "Under review for termination". Of course it was my fault and I'm not denying it. When I *first* started using MQ2, I was caught just for beiong retarded.. The guide that caught me said "You shouldn't use those outside programs anymore" Left it at that, and left me alone. Now since they have gotten their last expansion out, it's a total 180....Near instant banning or long term suspension....Wish they would make up their minds .

Mochila when did they tell you it was "Under review for termination" My account is flagged suspended and they won't tell me anything.

One of my accounts that I used shared on expired today. I hadn't logged in except to check for possible ban messages. Logged in today after it expired, and was banned. I used shared on 2 other accounts, but they aren't expired yet. I'll let you know if they're banned.

so for the people getting banned on the billing rollover ... are you guys canceling the accounts or are they just slapping you as soon as it's time to bill your cc again?

Greetings,

Currently at this time all accounts that were caught in this practice has been banned from EverQuest and we have not decided on which, if any, accounts may be eligible for release in the future. We are sorry that we do not have any news about the status of your account. As it is decided now, all accounts banned due to this offense will remain banned. If there is a change in the future regarding the status of your account we will reply to this email.

Thank you for your understanding.

fucking morons don't read the emails. I copy and pasted the suspended account info off their own site. Sent a pissed off email back and will be sending one every 30 minutes till I get a real responce.

"Greetings,

You may wish to double check the status of your account. According to our records your account is flagged as banned for this offense. As we stated earlier we have not decided which, if any, accounts will be eligible for release due to this type of offense. If your account does become eligible for release in the future we will gladly reply to this email and inform you of our decision.

Regards,

EverQuest"

they changed my account status right after my email pointing out I was suspended. So I responded with this.

I copy and pasted off the website 32 minutes ago. You just now changed it. Why would you flag it suspended at first? To dupe me into paying another cycle? To make me waste time waiting on emails from you guys? Unacceptable. Enjoy your bannings. I'm sure the 1000+ accounts you've claimed to ban will come out of your salary. 16,000 a month lost. There have to be budget cuts to account for that, seems like your job could be automated.

new email from accountstatus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back