• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

new email from accountstatus (1 Viewer)

shawnb88

RedCents
sucks ass but here it is..

Greetings,

At this time we have not decided if we are going to allow players to
reclaim their accounts after all the accounts involved with this
practice have been investigated and removed from the servers. Your
account was clearly recorded in our logs for using third party programs
and unfortunately we may not share with you at this time those exact
records. We are still investigating other accounts on a daily basis and
can not share information that will jeopardize those investigations. At
this time we are not releasing any accounts until this issue has been
thoroughly investigated by Customer Service and Development. We will
keep a copy of this email on file and will reply to you as soon as we
know if the account is eligible for release.

Regards,

EverQuest Account Status Administration
[email protected]
www.everquest.com
--------------------------------------
Sony Online Entertainment
www.station.sony.com
---------------------------------------
-If you reply to this message please be sure to include the entire
thread of our prior correspondence. Thank you

Which means they're waiting a month to calculate the total damage and when they've lost too many players, they're going to release the accounts.

I'll bet you TP is right.

They are going to watch the casualties pile up. Problem is, this tactic may actually hurt them in the long run.

Think. Most all people using MQ2 have MULTIPLE accounts.

If I lost one of my accounts, I quit them all. I have a feeling, For every one account they ban, they lose an additional 4-5 accounts with it.

Then, when they decided they fucked themselves without the K-Y and try to re-enstate said banned accounts...no one will give a shit. Lost income forever.

I think they MAY keep those accounts which did alot of hacking, shared, ghosting, whatever banned. But all the others they banned for transferring ONE item to an alt or whatever, they will release.

They shouldn't ban people for something that should already be in game by now. Allowing people to move no drop stuff to their alts on the same account would REALLY extend their player base as it would serve to increase the replay value of the game.

My .02

They shouldn't ban people for something that should already be in game by now. Allowing people to move no drop stuff to their alts on the same account would REALLY extend their player base as it would serve to increase the replay value of the game.

lets not forget how they reinstated accounts that were banned for using EQwindows after they made alt+tabbing and windowed modes available. Perhaps we'll see the same thing here..

/shrug

Gnomicide_Unit said:
lets not forget how they reinstated accounts that were banned for using EQwindows after they made alt+tabbing and windowed modes available. Perhaps we'll see the same thing here..

/shrug

That'd be nice right? Maybe they'll see the value of adding this. Shit, I'd even pay the bastards $5 bucks an item to have No drop stuff moved INTER-accounts. My buddy has a no drop in his bank I want. :p

letmein said:
That'd be nice right? Maybe they'll see the value of adding this. Shit, I'd even pay the bastards $5 bucks an item to have No drop stuff moved INTER-accounts. My buddy has a no drop in his bank I want.

This is what the FV server is for. I don't think they're going to make exceptions with the rest of the servers.

if the did incorporate this in any way shape or form .. (which i doubt the ever will) it would prob only be using shared slot...

if they made it inter account.. then whats the point of no trade at all.. 8-)

desert said:
i believe inter account means within an account. Maybe his buddy's char is on his own account?

Inter means Between. International means Between nations, inter-account is between accounts.

Yes.

But No Trade would still be no trade. You couldn't sell it in bazaar or anything.

It would only be good for:

A) people with multiple accounts to trade between toons.
- some guilds don't allow bots to get loot, or...bots at all for that matter.
this way, people could gear their alts with uber loot by looting with their
guilded main.
B) like me, unguilded people could get uber loots from their uber guilded friends
by giving their friends the cost of the transfer.

I don't care what you say, people wouldn't pay complete strangers $5 bucks per item to get an item off them. That lends itself FAR too easily to fraud. And anyone stupid enough to attempt it is stupid enough to lose their money.

letmein said:
I don't care what you say, people wouldn't pay complete strangers $5 bucks per item to get an item off them. That lends itself FAR too easily to fraud. And anyone stupid enough to attempt it is stupid enough to lose their money.

playerauctions.com, yes, yes they would pay complete strangers for random items. I've seen pay $85 to a complete stranger for a gold ticket on that site.

The point of no drop gear is that gear is supposed to signify the abilities of that character, keep it in roleplaying terms, and not signify how much a player cares to twink an alt. Now keep this to scale, getting a level 65 character that is capable of wearing the armor, qvic or tacvi or uqua gear, even though they may not be capable of getting into that zone, would be the same as getting a low level, say 1-10 or so, vindi's BP, Bow of Doom, other no trade with no recommended level gear that's just uber for those levels. A level 1 character is NOT capable of living through an encounter with those mobs yet is able to wear that armor. Should you be able to transfer that gear?

I can see how they make some attempt to balance the game with no drop gear.

It would take 2 tags, no-drop, and no-transfer.
No-transfer being the items considered too high level to pass over, or too game changing to transer(dungeon keys etc.).

my responce to that little letter (I'm still listed as suspended not banned) was

"A non-pre scripted answer would be appreciated. I think I'm owed at least that much for how much I've paid into Everquest."

IMO all items, but epics should be transferable with shared slots. If you have a key for one toon on your account all your toons that meet the level requirements should be keyed. Having to do gay flaging or key quests for multiple toons on the same account sucks major balls. If I busted my ass and earned a loot with my main 8 months ago and replaced it last night with better loot I should be able to pass the 8 month old loot down to another toon on my account. Kinda like family hand me downs. They already had this in EQ2 and there is no reason not to have it in EQ1. If they have issues with people passing Anguished gear down to level 1 toons then simply put level requirements on the damn gear and stop being ass hats and banning people for doing things that should be in the game in the first place. I can understand NO TRADE, but that shouldn't apply to toons on the same account.

easyfun said:
If I busted my ass and earned a loot with my main 8 months ago and replaced it last night with better loot I should be able to pass the 8 month old loot down to another toon on my account.
] In a sense I can understand this, but if you've ever played as a low level character on the Zek server without having the ability to twink yourself. You're fucked if they do that. It's bad enough as it is with every other person being twinked outrageously so they can screw over other players' fun. PVP is too unbalanced at low end already, no need to make it worse. Same applies to camping camps for exp on normal servers. If one person can solo camps that full groups should be taking because they're twinked so much, it takes the fun away from others because they can't progress.

Sei-Ryu said:
] In a sense I can understand this, but if you've ever played as a low level character on the Zek server without having the ability to twink yourself. You're fucked if they do that. It's bad enough as it is with every other person being twinked outrageously so they can screw over other players' fun. PVP is too unbalanced at low end already, no need to make it worse. Same applies to camping camps for exp on normal servers. If one person can solo camps that full groups should be taking because they're twinked so much, it takes the fun away from others because they can't progress.

This is why I said they should just stop being lazy and put level requirements on the gear they really thing needs it.

And fuck PVP.

Who gives a shit about them. Besides, the lvl requirements would stop a lvl 20 wearing Anguish gear and killing lowbies.

letmein said:
And fuck PVP.

Who gives a shit about them. Besides, the lvl requirements would stop a lvl 20 wearing Anguish gear and killing lowbies.

PVP players develop a hell of alot better playing skills at the end game than normal servers do. Note that RZ was the only server to have ever defeated the sleeper, and they did it not once, but twice, for several reasons. 1) The server was patient enough to wait and find out the details of the fights and get to where they were actually strong enough to win, which in PVP servers you develop patience from all of the PKing and what not. And 2) The skills they develop from PVP have probably helped them a lot as well during the fight.

So yeah, Zek server ownz the hell out of all other servers.

While that may be true....If I felt like playing PVP, I'd just play Quake 3 Arena.

RPG's are NOT supposed to be PVP, and therefor don't lend themselves to very good gameplay.

The idea of someone just coming up and ganking me....doesn't entertain me.

I'm sure everyone is divided on this PvP issue, but i agree with letmein, i don't feel like pvp while i'm lvling my char. In WoW it's a little different since you don't lose exp, but still bothersome.

I wonder if $ony is expecting people to continue to pay during the "suspension" period.

Of if they'll give a refund for pre-paid accounts if they cancel.

Im wondering the same thing, when i log into my account on eqlive it will not let me cancel my subscription...if this thing is banned they sure as hell better not charge me come next months withdrawl date.

I fully expect to see the bannings removed by next months billing cycle.

They aren't going to lose THAT much money.

Oh, and I'm sure everyone will get the same blanket email that says, "We apologize for the inconvenience, your account was found NOT to have been part of the activity we were trying to curb, your account has been re-instated."

Or some shit. I'm calling it here first.

Should they charge you, and you used a credit card, just do as Warmonger did with all his accounts. Credit Card companies are more interested in keeping you as there customer. All you have to do is dispute a charge and they credit the money back to the card. Then they retrieve there money from Sony.

Druid said:
I wonder if $ony is expecting people to continue to pay during the "suspension" period.

Of if they'll give a refund for pre-paid accounts if they cancel.

NO read the License Agreement

5. We describe our fees and billing procedures at a hotlink located at www.everquestlive.com, which are incorporated by reference. All fees are stated in U.S. Dollars unless otherwise specified. All fees are prepaid and non-refundable. Upon your acceptance of these terms, we have the right to automatically charge your credit card the Account fee plus any applicable taxes we are required to collect, and you authorize us to do so. Thereafter, each time your Account comes up for renewal, we have the right to charge your credit card the then-current renewal rate plus any applicable taxes we are required to collect, and you authorize us to do so. If we are unable to process your credit card at a renewal period, your Account may be immediately terminated. If we make a Game Card available and you use a Game Card to pay for your Account, the Game Card shall activate your Account for the period stated on the Game Card and, thereafter, you will either need to provide a valid credit card (in which case your credit card will subsequently be charged as referenced above) or purchase another Game Card for subsequent subscription periods, or your Account will be closed. You may terminate your Account at any time through the Account registration process. If you terminate your Account during your initial free period, if any, your account will be closed at the end of the free period and you will not be billed. If you terminate your Account during any subscription cycle, your Account will be closed at the end of the then-current cycle and you will not be billed again unless you affirmatively reopen the Account. We do not give full or partial refunds for subscription periods that you have purchased.

6. We may terminate this Agreement (including your Software license and your Account) and/or suspend your Account immediately and without notice if you breach this Agreement or repeatedly infringe any third party intellectual property rights, or if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us, or upon gameplay, chat or any player activity whatsoever which we, in our sole discretion, determine is inappropriate and/or in violation of the spirit of the Game as set forth in the Game player rules of conduct, which are posted at a hotlink at www.everquestlive.com. If we terminate this Agreement or suspend your Account under these circumstances, you will lose access to your Account for the duration of the suspension and/or the balance of any prepaid period without any refund. We may also terminate this Agreement if we decide, in our sole discretion, to discontinue offering the Game, in which case we may provide you with a prorated refund of any prepaid amounts.

letmein said:
I fully expect to see the bannings removed by next months billing cycle.

They aren't going to lose THAT much money.

Oh, and I'm sure everyone will get the same blanket email that says, "We apologize for the inconvenience, your account was found NOT to have been part of the activity we were trying to curb, your account has been re-instated."

Or some shit. I'm calling it here first.

I think they will remove some if not all the bannings too But they will be flaged big time

SOE will have to think up some marketing smooze before they can remove bannings. Otherwise, it sends a really bad message to those people who weren't using 3rd party software, and some of them are going to be pissed.

TossedSalad said:
SOE will have to think up some marketing smooze before they can remove bannings. Otherwise, it sends a really bad message to those people who weren't using 3rd party software, and some of them are going to be pissed.

If they never started bragging about it, they won't have to come up with a reason to unban people. If they had turned it into an anti-hacker crusade and announced it, then they'd have just bent themselves over.

I agree, they have been very quiet about it so far....
Probably tallying up the totals and deciding whether or not to issue a media release.
If there are too many banned, EQ will die a painfully slow death, because most of us will probably just cancel all our accounts.

I know if any of my accounts were banned, I wouldn't bother playing anymore.

My 2cp worth.

Reason zek servers where able to kill sleeper. was cause its the only server where his ass was not awakend.....

man, if and all my toons were on rz I would have gone down there and awkened him one group style just to piss the server off lol

I was on RZ from beginning until about 6 months after we killed Kerafyrm, aka The sleeper. I was there for the killing as well.

Many...MANY...people tried to wake the sleeper before our server political leaders agreed to it. On an order of years, can you imagine how many people tried? We either killed them all, or 4th warder killed them all.

Very fun times.

Mikiky said:
If there are too many banned, EQ will die a painfully slow death, because most of us will probably just cancel all our accounts.

I know if any of my accounts were banned, I wouldn't bother playing anymore.

I toatlly agree.......
They put my main account on suspension. 3 epic'd toons (70Wiz, 67Dru, 51Clr) and a few other toons. If they ban that account I will delete the other account as well and go back to playing non-sony games.
I wouldnt even try to sell it and give sony the satisfaction of still getting paid for that account

Greetings playername,

I regret to inform you that your account has been suspended for using third party software to gain experience while being away from your keyboard. Your account will be inactive for 7 to 10 days pending review for banning.

Please be aware that repeated or serious violations of our rules can result in disciplinary action. If your account is unsuspended, further violations of our rules and/or policies may result in the banning of your account.

We always regret when this type of action is necessary. We ask that you please review our game policies, which are posted at http://eqlive.station.sony.com/support/rulesandpolicies.jsp.

If you have any questions about this action, please contact EQ Account Status at [email protected].

GM so and so

EverQuest Game Master

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Reply

Mr GM,

Greetings,

I realize the mistake that's been made and agree that it's wrong to gain when others cannot and understand the resulting disciplinary action, i also understand the necessity to have some form of control and still maintain a solid income generated from the people that pay the bill so to speak, the problem as it stands is the game fundamentals and the fact that so much emphasis is placed on the "END Game: and if your friends are there, you struggle to play catchup, and people like myself resort to means other and what might be covered in the EULA, so yes I am in the wrong for quietly macroing experience in an instance using software to gain experience, while i have not taken away, bothered anyone else, or affected anyone elses gaming expereince in any way, save yours for having to review my actions, and take action on that.

i offer this in return, and hope that you will find alternatives to "Disciplining" both your customers that find themselves in the same position as myself, your resulting "End Stock holder" as well as I know the numbers of people that use 3rd party software at one point or another to "enhance" gameing experince to be more than 50% of your playerbase..

My suggesting would be a cheating allowed server (wouldn't have to be announced as this, maybe, "enhanced gameplay server"), or take the time to realize that some people, once they come to face the "beast" that the 3rd party software be, and know that their experience will never be the same without it, is losing potentially 20% of you paying customer base the best option for you and your stockholders, i truly understand in cases where someone is effecting the game experience of other players by

A. killing named's by exploit.
B. moving faster then others by hacking active memory and or therby warping to affectivly beat someone to the punch at an opportunity encounter..
C. taking unfair advantage of encounters by using an exploit
D. generally harrassing other players in any way..

none of these have i done, nor would i ever do, when I "cheat" i quietly exp in an instance, gaining an meager ammount of expereince not affecting anyone elses experience, in any way except to potentially enhancing my future player to play encounters by being a bit better prepaired to face the encounters that result,

with this said, I whould have to be absolutly honest in the fact that if My account were unsuspended/unbanned I would continue to use my 3rd party software, but again still quietly, I'm not asking for any leaniancy, and should you decide that it's in Sony's best interest to leave My account in the Banned position, then so be it, please terminate the resulting billing statements, and i will retire from the EQ community as you wish without a fight, however I truely hate that i cannot bid my ingame friends Adu due to the setting of my account.

I look forward to your response and being that i am a stock holder I truely hope that you and your teams find a way to hold on to paying customers that cheat quietly by alternative means, i mean timing things like this where the billing cycle has passed by a couple days is good but the resulting termination of income is not good, and I truely hope that luck and properity find you in all of your future endevors.

new email from accountstatus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back