• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

IRL - New and confused :) (1 Viewer)

RedCents
148¢
I am returning after many years and I want to play without switching screens constantly. Been itching to play again. I have watched the videos and am reading thru the forums, but I am confused on what path to follow now. If I join level 2 and use the download button, will it install the new version of Macroquest or the older mq2 that I will then need to transition over to the new version? Do I download here or from the macroquest page?

Thanks

Bashu

Hello Bashu and welcome back.
I just gifted you 2mo of Level2 access to help you out on your new journey here.

The exact details of how to get started will be provided I'm sure very shortly by some who might be quicker than myself on it.

There is only one version of MQ now I believe, no more is MQ2 but now is just MQ, and I am sure Sic will input his template for new people here when he wakes up.

There are guides on the main page but here you go:

[Plugins] by Chatwiththisname and Sic have been amazing for helping me propel my game capabilities.
[Macros] still do an awesome job as well. I still use Very Vanilla Kissassist for my bard since there is not a plugin yet for MQ2Bard :bang::argh:
[Lua Scripts] are a new thing with the new MQ engine and are amazing with what they can do.

P.S. Every time someone mentions MQ2Bard, an angel loses it's wings, because you can't unring that bell. Oh, and Chatwiththisname gains negative red cents sadly.

Last edited:
Welcome back.

Pretty much same links others provided, but:

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Actually, Edit to say nvm, i'm feeling like that was a bad impulse to act on. I'll just wait for Sic. :P
You're fine dude, I hope you never feel like you or anyone can't try and people constructive help. I don't have all the answers or perspectives all the time, and I thoroughly enjoy our community being so rich in communication styles and sense of understanding perspectives of others via written communication.

You're fine dudeski

You're fine dude, I hope you never feel like you or anyone can't try and people constructive help. I don't have all the answers or perspectives all the time, and I thoroughly enjoy our community being so rich in communication styles and sense of understanding perspectives of others via written communication.

You're fine dudeski
Thanks, but yeah, I just felt like it wasn't very constructive and off the topic so I deleted the reply.

Right here with you Bashu. Took a 3 year AFK and trying to jump back in now has been a quest. Going to go through these responses in hopes of jump starting the brain into remembering how this all works!

Last edited:
……….will it install the new version of Macroquest or the older mq2 that I will then need to transition over to the new version? Do I download here or from the macroquest page?

Thanks

Bashu

Sic, isn’t there a conversion program to move from MQ2 to the new MQ?
I seem to remember something like that when I got back to EQ but it’s been several months so I don’t trust my memory.

BB~

Sic, isn’t there a conversion program to move from MQ2 to the new MQ?
I seem to remember something like that when I got back to EQ but it’s been several months so I don’t trust my memory.

BB~
Yep, built into the RG launcher and mentioned in the link shared above

Welcome to RedGuides! You'll never regret it.
Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

Back again with progress and where I am stuck. So far I have MQ running, figured out autologin, and how to set options in autogroup. Having issues understanding DanNet. I watched the video and I am trying the commands for all in group but I cannot figure out how to make it work. If I type in Dnet info it only shows my current character. The mimic me button and come to me do not work. Also trying to find a vid that explains how to set up rg mercs.
Thanks

Back again with progress and where I am stuck. So far I have MQ running, figured out autologin, and how to set options in autogroup. Having issues understanding DanNet. I watched the video and I am trying the commands for all in group but I cannot figure out how to make it work. If I type in Dnet info it only shows my current character. The mimic me button and come to me do not work. Also trying to find a vid that explains how to set up rg mercs.
Thanks
Check the instructions tab of mq2dannet and follow the link in there

I am not new, but am almost always confused, but the GREAT thing here is we have tons of people willing to break it down to make it simple for people like me. I get my 14 yr old to program my phone hehe..

Welcome

OK, now I am confused. There is a NEW MQ? I was thinking about restarting my subscription, but now I think I need to read up a bit more before I do that. I got a new computer last year, and tried to download and was having issues, so I cancelled until I could figure it out again. Just havent gotten around to it yet.

OK, now I am confused. There is a NEW MQ? I was thinking about restarting my subscription, but now I think I need to read up a bit more before I do that. I got a new computer last year, and tried to download and was having issues, so I cancelled until I could figure it out again. Just havent gotten around to it yet.
it is just MQ.

think of it like windows 98 going to windows 10/11. it is still windows, just got a bunch of stuff updated and fixed.

watch the new and returning user stuff - you're gonna make it, i promise

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Lets confuse you guys even more and point out Red Cents!!!!! These can you help with your subscription and getting level 2. Once you are that level you can give helpful posts or funny ones etc red cents, earning them for yourself and soon you can buy level 2 in the red cent shop. Level 2 will also give you access to some free stuff

Red Cents

Just gifted you a month of level 2. Hopefully, that clears things up a bit and allows you to restart. Sic's post breaks it down very well and hopefully, this points you in the right direction. Probably best to just start with a fresh install and build from there. I'm sure many in this community will chime in if you have questions.

easy mode:

watch, play around (ez zone), ask questions. this is a amazing community, engage and ask questions, bring up issues. Everyone here loves EQ, and the tools from MQ, and are mostly receptive :)

Wanted to thank everyone for all the info. Having a blast playing. I was able to get everything up and running and I have been able to find the info in the forums for the little tweaks and questions. It's nice to be able to set up my group and they do their thing so I can focus and play on the character I'm using. Appreciate it.

IRL - New and confused :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back