• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - New 2-box (1 Viewer)

Magmel

RedCents
240¢
hello ,
I am playing 2 characters with their mercenaries and want to make the gametime a bit easier. Moving the cursor from one screen to the other clicking every button manuelly is a lot o work.
Some guild members pointed me to Redguides , after watching the video it looks like a good tool .
So I want to give it a try and see how it works.
But after registration on the Redguide community I still cant download it because its a level 2 tool and you only get points from using the forum when you are already level 2.
Somebody please help me out of this dilemma :)

you have a couple options:

1. pay a subscription fee to rg to gain access to level2
2. be very active on the forums and people might give you redcents, which you can then use to gain level2
3. or you can go to the https://github.com/macroquest/macroquest, and look at possibly building it yourself or downloading the free version from there

the free version i believe dont have all the plugins and support that rg offers.

You can get free level 2 by participating in the forums here. You earn when you give someone red cents, and you earn a lot more when someone else gives them to you. 50 earn you 1 month and its not hard at all to get 50 red cents. Welcome to red guides!

Its kind of a give and take thing with Reds. You give them out for good posts, funny posts etc. And when you make good or funny posts then others will give them to you.

I am going to gift you a level 2 to get you started. Last time I gifted someone it did not work out. I think they are still sitting on them. So use it!

Edit - also I am giving it to you cause you asked real nice :)

Just know that once you get started it's very addicting and your 2 box will grow to a 6 box very quickly... Buyer beware. 😂

Redguides is love. Redguides is life.

Hello Magmel,

I recently returned to EQ after 16 years, it has changed a little on all aspects however I know a little about computers, programming and compiling. This community is awesome I followed their guide and after a few hiccups here and there I was able to use open vanilla so if you need help in that aspect I am willing to show you the ropes and maybe you and others can do it later on your own. One thing is clear, MQ2Nav is unbelievable, /bow RedGuides/Brainiac!

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome to RG and welcome back if you're a returning player!

Always start here RG Video

Watch the vids in Sic's signature (I'm sure he will post soon if he has not done so already while I'm typing this).

Once you have an idea of how things work, you'll want to look into some automation options. Check out Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free and you'll want to spend some time looking at CWTN Plugins Explained.).

I suggest getting your feet wet slowly and be patient as it takes time to absorb all this information. Try taking your toons somewhere safe and lower level at first and explore the automation options. It takes some time to get used to, so don't be surprised it if feels overwhelming at first.

Once you feel like your're getting the hang of it (or to get a more in depth idea of what this site can do), then check out the plugins, macros, and lua's available to complement your automation. Things like MQ2pluginmanager, buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, MQ2Autoaccept, MQ2Status, GuildClicky, Boxhud, MQ2Buffme , and more. You'll also want to see Lua event manager.

How do you get to see and experience all of this you ask? You need to be a level 2 member. To do that you have 2 options. First, you can subscribe (paid method) or second, you can use Red Cents. What the heck is a Red Cent you ask? Red Cents can you help with your subscription and it's the currency this site uses. Contribute helpful information (post here) and others will give you red cents and each red cent you give others returns one to you. check it out! Red Cents

Lots of info and a super helpful community here to help when you get stuck.

hello ,
I am playing 2 characters with their mercenaries and want to make the gametime a bit easier. Moving the cursor from one screen to the other clicking every button manuelly is a lot o work.
Some guild members pointed me to Redguides , after watching the video it looks like a good tool .
So I want to give it a try and see how it works.
But after registration on the Redguide community I still cant download it because its a level 2 tool and you only get points from using the forum when you are already level 2.
Somebody please help me out of this dilemma :)
Welcome!
Enjoy the ride, things will never be the same again from now on.
And hav fun =)

what 2 toons are you playing manually right now?
I have a druid and enchanter , add a merc tank and merc cleric or dps , depend on mob . But right now started a 3rd account with a rogue so I have a full group . Doing stuff with just 4 toons is a bit too low dps to play smooth

Discussion - New 2-box

Users who are viewing this thread

Back