• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Need some help/guidance (3 gold accounts) (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,364¢
I've come back to everquest after a long hiatus (around 18 years). Been playing again for a little over a month and half.

Currently have 3 gold accounts, manually boxing a beastlord (114), bard (111), and mage (101).

I was having so much fun until I hit ToV and it hit me harder lol (hence why i made the mage over the double xp weekend).

I'm having an extremely tough time giving the attention needed for my bard & beastlord and am now somewhat regretting making a third box since I was already having difficulties with managing each account.

Was hoping to get some advice on here on what tools i should specifically be looking into and whether or not I chose a decent a group to begin with.

I guess I'm just lost? is that a fair comment? I'm having so much fun being back but I want it to be less of mental workout with me alt tabbing like a mad man and losing my mind haha.

Also, i realize i just threw spaghetti at the wall, so apologies for the poorly written post. Any comments/suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!

welcome back! EQ has held up for content, and general playability. check out the below resources:

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

There is a lot of tools to help you play EQ. They all have up and down sides, but plenty of people here are very willing to help offer advice and troubleshooting. I will say, I would go with 6, watch the intro, and slowly get used to running your team in a "safe" zone for 3-4 days as you learn tips and tricks. Just grabbing a tool and going forth to slaughter.. well it might be frustrating to say they least.

i did the same thing after 13 years away. I had 15 toons between 77 and 92. and i started getting in trouble with content with a bard, necro and cleric about 108. Also it started really slowing down. HA missions started to really slow down. I got some help and leveled up my toons and set up a full group with SK, Cleric, Bard, and swapping toons for fun mage, rogue, bersker, monk, beast. I now have 27 toons all 120. I like to be able to play any group i wish and I have 13 paid. and almost 10 toons within 2k aa to be maxed on AA

I use the class plugins. The SK make life a breeze. I started with that and cleric. I now have all the class plugins, and I use kissassist with bard while doing group content. And I picked up grind too. I use rgmercs with ranger, wizzy and druid currently, in fact a new druid i just made this last weekend to 120 for the new class plugin coming out.

kissassist i had help with my friend giving me his bard ini file and i edited it down with my clickies etc and it does the job well for now.

each class plugin cost $20 for one year lic. And grind cost $50 for a year.

I had some serious medical issues causing brain damage, and cognition issues and memory problems. with the class plugins really help me enjoy eq again and ended the tab from screen to screen. which after using 3 toons really got a headache tabbing back and forth quick enough.

the plugin will take care of the tabbing and using things like Lua button master i think its called helped me at first then I went back and just did the macro's myself using dannet to create macro's for certain things i wanted control from my tank which i drive when doing full group content alone.

i did the same thing after 13 years away. I had 15 toons between 77 and 92. and i started getting in trouble with content with a bard, necro and cleric about 108. Also it started really slowing down. HA missions started to really slow down. I got some help and leveled up my toons and set up a full group with SK, Cleric, Bard, and swapping toons for fun mage, rogue, bersker, monk, beast. I now have 27 toons all 120. I like to be able to play any group i wish and I have 13 paid. and almost 10 toons within 2k aa to be maxed on AA

I use the class plugins. The SK make life a breeze. I started with that and cleric. I now have all the class plugins, and I use kissassist with bard while doing group content. And I picked up grind too. I use rgmercs with ranger, wizzy and druid currently, in fact a new druid i just made this last weekend to 120 for the new class plugin coming out.

kissassist i had help with my friend giving me his bard ini file and i edited it down with my clickies etc and it does the job well for now.

each class plugin cost $20 for one year lic. And grind cost $50 for a year.

I had some serious medical issues causing brain damage, and cognition issues and memory problems. with the class plugins really help me enjoy eq again and ended the tab from screen to screen. which after using 3 toons really got a headache tabbing back and forth quick enough.

the plugin will take care of the tabbing and using things like Lua button master i think its called helped me at first then I went back and just did the macro's myself using dannet to create macro's for certain things i wanted control from my tank which i drive when doing full group content alone.
Thanks so much the response! This was extremely helpful and just started going down the rabbit hole of videos now. By the way you have an incredibly impressive arsenal of toons :)

thanks. I always liked to leveling up toons. sometimes i like going the old school route. But lately i have been doing the heroic and vitality, with ToV and ToL missions. If you get yourself a group and set up fellowship, vitality and a 100 toon in a grind group can go 100 to 108 in full vitality in 1 hour having a lessons buff on and one on deck. and at 100 getting full vitality takes a couple hours. as you get higher in level takes longer to get full vitality. but its a great way to grind up your toons as you have a toon catch up to make it into your group. I dont do more than 2 toons getting vitality cause it really slows it down once have 3 leaching.

with vitality and a group grinding i can do 3 toons 115 to 120 a week. two getting vitality and one in a group grinding feeding the other two vitality. at 80% vitality takes about 14 hours with lessons and xp pots to go 115 to 120 just doing wurms in GD with my group doing grind flipping the mission in GD. I tried Shei but I can kill wurms in 12 to 18 seconds depends on bard mezzing and proc / crits etc.

I just like to be able to pop any toon I wish into the group, and having enough to run 2 groups, which i have not yet. Its nice. I am starting to move into content in NoS working on hunter. since i am getting my A-team about max AA. now I can swap in new toons and AA them up while farming for augs and ores.

I've come back to everquest after a long hiatus (around 18 years). Been playing again for a little over a month and half.

Currently have 3 gold accounts, manually boxing a beastlord (114), bard (111), and mage (101).

I was having so much fun until I hit ToV and it hit me harder lol (hence why i made the mage over the double xp weekend).

I'm having an extremely tough time giving the attention needed for my bard & beastlord and am now somewhat regretting making a third box since I was already having difficulties with managing each account.

Was hoping to get some advice on here on what tools i should specifically be looking into and whether or not I chose a decent a group to begin with.

I guess I'm just lost? is that a fair comment? I'm having so much fun being back but I want it to be less of mental workout with me alt tabbing like a mad man and losing my mind haha.

Also, i realize i just threw spaghetti at the wall, so apologies for the poorly written post. Any comments/suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!
@smerve

You can watch on the forums redguides mercs, follow the instructions to install it then /rgstart, then /rg chaseon… then forget about that char…

Same with a cool CWTN plugin…

Or just find an ini you like… then /mac kissasist 99 assist yourmaintankname…

Those are the 3 easy “one cool trick” wsts to suck less…do it 5 times and your main has a kickass team…you only need to sub continuously one acct your tank…everyone else you krono pop to max lvl as’s…keep them in non-prestige gear (don’t fall into temptation)

Enjoy your new cylon army…

Scanning Battlestar Galactica GIF by PeacockTV

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome to RG and welcome back if you're a returning player! I too took an 15 plus tear hiatus and found it tough to box my SK/DRU/WIZ until I found RG. I put together this little template to share the journey with others. Take it slow and realize it will take time to get used to things but once you do, it makes the game so mu ch enjoyable!

Always start here RG Video

Watch the vids in Sic's signature (I'm sure he will post soon if he has not done so already while I'm typing this).

Once you have an idea of how things work and what this software can do, you'll want to look into some automation options. Check out Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free and you'll want to spend some time looking at CWTN Plugins Explained.).

I suggest getting your feet wet slowly and be patient as it takes time to absorb all this information. Try taking your toons somewhere safe and lower level at first and explore the automation options. It takes some time to get used to, so don't be surprised it if feels overwhelming at first.

Once you feel like your're getting the hang of it (or to get a more in depth idea of what this site can do), then check out the plugins, macros, and lua's available to complement your automation. Things like MQ2pluginmanager, buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, MQ2Autoaccept, MQ2Status, GuildClicky, Boxhud, and more. You'll also want to see Lua event manager.

How do you get to see and experience all of this you ask? You need to be a level 2 member. To do that you have 2 options. First, you can subscribe (paid method) or second, you can use Red Cents. What the heck is a Red Cent you ask? Red Cents can you help with your subscription and it's the currency this site uses. Contribute helpful information (post here) and others will give you red cents and each red cent you give others returns one to you. check it out! Red Cents

Time to subscribe to level 2 and begin a journey you won't regret. Lots of info and a super helpful community here to help when you get stuck.

This is pretty simple the further you get into the game the more you need a tank. So make a 4th account and roll a Tank. You can play a Mage with one hotkey literally /pet attack on the top line and your stacking fire line of spells on subsequent lines with a timer of course. But you will be sta lol led like the Germans at The Battle Of The Bulge without a tank.

thanks. I always liked to leveling up toons. sometimes i like going the old school route. But lately i have been doing the heroic and vitality, with ToV and ToL missions. If you get yourself a group and set up fellowship, vitality and a 100 toon in a grind group can go 100 to 108 in full vitality in 1 hour having a lessons buff on and one on deck. and at 100 getting full vitality takes a couple hours. as you get higher in level takes longer to get full vitality. but its a great way to grind up your toons as you have a toon catch up to make it into your group. I dont do more than 2 toons getting vitality cause it really slows it down once have 3 leaching.

with vitality and a group grinding i can do 3 toons 115 to 120 a week. two getting vitality and one in a group grinding feeding the other two vitality. at 80% vitality takes about 14 hours with lessons and xp pots to go 115 to 120 just doing wurms in GD with my group doing grind flipping the mission in GD. I tried Shei but I can kill wurms in 12 to 18 seconds depends on bard mezzing and proc / crits etc.

I just like to be able to pop any toon I wish into the group, and having enough to run 2 groups, which i have not yet. Its nice. I am starting to move into content in NoS working on hunter. since i am getting my A-team about max AA. now I can swap in new toons and AA them up while farming for augs and ores.
From reading your original post it already sounds like you have multiple A teams! lol. That said, it must be so relaxing and also freeing to have the ability to create whatever comp of toons you'd like.

I can't even imagine the hours you have put into this (again, I will say this is just impressive to the max).

Thanks again for even more information and haven't been this stoked in a while to hop in the game later today and mess around (and probably fail several times) with these tools! haha.

Hope you're having a good one dude.

@smerve

You can watch on the forums redguides mercs, follow the instructions to install it then /rgstart, then /rg chaseon… then forget about that char…

Same with a cool CWTN plugin…

Or just find an ini you like… then /mac kissasist 99 assist yourmaintankname…

Those are the 3 easy “one cool trick” wsts to suck less…do it 5 times and your main has a kickass team…you only need to sub continuously one acct your tank…everyone else you krono pop to max lvl as’s…keep them in non-prestige gear (don’t fall into temptation)

Enjoy your new cylon army…

Scanning Battlestar Galactica GIF by PeacockTV
I am ready for the cylon army.... my brain has been turning to complete mush over the past month lol. Thank you for quick tips and tricks!

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome to RG and welcome back if you're a returning player! I too took an 15 plus tear hiatus and found it tough to box my SK/DRU/WIZ until I found RG. I put together this little template to share the journey with others. Take it slow and realize it will take time to get used to things but once you do, it makes the game so mu ch enjoyable!

Always start here RG Video

Watch the vids in Sic's signature (I'm sure he will post soon if he has not done so already while I'm typing this).

Once you have an idea of how things work and what this software can do, you'll want to look into some automation options. Check out Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free and you'll want to spend some time looking at CWTN Plugins Explained.).

I suggest getting your feet wet slowly and be patient as it takes time to absorb all this information. Try taking your toons somewhere safe and lower level at first and explore the automation options. It takes some time to get used to, so don't be surprised it if feels overwhelming at first.

Once you feel like your're getting the hang of it (or to get a more in depth idea of what this site can do), then check out the plugins, macros, and lua's available to complement your automation. Things like MQ2pluginmanager, buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, MQ2Autoaccept, MQ2Status, GuildClicky, Boxhud, and more. You'll also want to see Lua event manager.

How do you get to see and experience all of this you ask? You need to be a level 2 member. To do that you have 2 options. First, you can subscribe (paid method) or second, you can use Red Cents. What the heck is a Red Cent you ask? Red Cents can you help with your subscription and it's the currency this site uses. Contribute helpful information (post here) and others will give you red cents and each red cent you give others returns one to you. check it out! Red Cents

Time to subscribe to level 2 and begin a journey you won't regret. Lots of info and a super helpful community here to help when you get stuck.
This is just a great post all around. I have a lot of reading to do this morning/afternoon and understand this will be a journey of its own lol but I can't tell you how much I'm thankful for all these posts with documentation on top of documentation. Thanks for making my experience a bit more easier/enjoyable :)

Also you need level 2 access your first 3 months are on me. Now make the damned tank.
Dude!!! thank you so much! Incredibly generous of you. I'll have to pay it forward to someone else here on the forums in the near future.
Now, here's the real question.... I've been going deep in the forums and have come across quite the predicament on who's the best tank. Seeing a lot of love for SKs but at the same time it's looking like people die by warrior.
What are your thoughts?

Thanks again for everything!

This is pretty simple the further you get into the game the more you need a tank. So make a 4th account and roll a Tank. You can play a Mage with one hotkey literally /pet attack on the top line and your stacking fire line of spells on subsequent lines with a timer of course. But you will be sta lol led like the Germans at The Battle Of The Bulge without a tank.
LOL I guess tank is the answer and you've definitely made me feel way less stressed about having that darn mage in the group.

Thank you for your input :)

Dude!!! thank you so much! Incredibly generous of you. I'll have to pay it forward to someone else here on the forums in the near future.
Now, here's the real question.... I've been going deep in the forums and have come across quite the predicament on who's the best tank. Seeing a lot of love for SKs but at the same time it's looking like people die by warrior.
What are your thoughts?

Thanks again for everything!
SK is in a really good place and you can solo him to your level with a merc healer. Plus because SK is so popular the gear is easier to find these days. And if you ever go that way Sic made a hell of a Plugin for SK for Mage too and BST. Bard still in Progress

SK is in a really good place and you can solo him to your level with a merc healer. Plus because SK is so popular the gear is easier to find these days. And if you ever go that way Sic made a hell of a Plugin for SK for Mage too and BST. Bard still in Progress
SK it is! haha. thank you.

great choice on SK seen my SK have no issues with 2 adds in shei and my cleric dead i thought my group was gone and my sk had no issues. with the plugin at least lol. And those guys hit 2x plus than the ToV mobs.

those class plugins are amazing. And if you set up your chat windows and filter out trash, like misses etc, and set up with AA reuse and such you can see what is being used and learn the spells, aa and combat abilities, I am not as good as the plugin yet or might never be but i can handle myself playing my sk or tank now. Now its time to learn the pally better as well.

enjoy and grats on free access for a few months. great thing he helped you with.

great choice on SK seen my SK have no issues with 2 adds in shei and my cleric dead i thought my group was gone and my sk had no issues. with the plugin at least lol. And those guys hit 2x plus than the ToV mobs.

those class plugins are amazing. And if you set up your chat windows and filter out trash, like misses etc, and set up with AA reuse and such you can see what is being used and learn the spells, aa and combat abilities, I am not as good as the plugin yet or might never be but i can handle myself playing my sk or tank now. Now its time to learn the pally better as well.

enjoy and grats on free access for a few months. great thing he helped you with.
@smerve if you want a necro that can take a hit and help the group…sk it is…if you want to eventually build a raid force…start with a war…and cleric…then build your raid force around that pillar

@smerve if you want a necro that can take a hit and help the group…sk it is…if you want to eventually build a raid force…start with a war…and cleric…then build your raid force around that pillar
Appreciate this. I don't think I'll be a capable of creating a raidforce anytime soon haha sooooo SK wins :)

Question - Need some help/guidance (3 gold accounts)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back