• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Need Plat Farming Ideas - Mid 80's Level (1 Viewer)

RedCents
7,735¢
Experienced farmers, where can I go with a group in mid-80's to farm things for vendor plat? And how much can I expect to rake in? I am not very experienced in farming. So any help would be appreciated! 🙏

at that lv u could easily walk thru seb and do a gem, run. not sure how profitable that would be but im thinking for time spent it would be very quick and easy and probably fairly profitable

Gyrospire Zeka (Just up from Fort Mech) has been my go to 'quick money' zone for years. Vendor trash is abundant and it's actually still decent grind exp in the 80's.

Unfortunately I can't give you an idea of how much you'll make when it's level appropriate because I've just used it as a quick port in and clear the whole zone kind of stop for years. A full clear of the zone nets about 10k or so on average if I remember correctly, which can easily be done in a few minutes with any honed wurmslayer wielding character at 105+. But then you have to wait for repops, so it's not like you can actually make 1-2k a minute all day long.

Fort Mech and Zeka will not be a good plat farming spot in your 80s. You have no chance of swarm killing. Seb and PoI would be ok. Nothing will be all that amazing in the 80s. When I came back I sold a couple Kronos and skipped farming. Focused on level and AA and never had a pp issue again. If money is tight then try seb or anywhere with mobs in high numbers that can drop gems.

It's a group not an sk(though I was swarming it in my 80s) so group zone it's fine. Underfoot also works bc some same tinkering drops, plus vendor trash, and should be good xp too

mech zones are good for tinkering drops (sell well), plus rando vendor items. if thats not speed effcient, can also do PoI for tinkering drops + vendor (not as good though).

I fine tinkering mats sell the best? thats why those would be my go to.

I think I was trying to kill 2 birds with one stone, so I cycled through Gribble’s missions and anything I could handle from the TBM missions.

I'd second Zeka/Beza/Fort Mech. Can probably expect to pull in 15-20k an hour just in vendor trash. If you sell crafting stuff and have the patience to do so, probably could make quite a bit more depending on server.

If your kill rate is very good you could even do the grounds. for EXP and cash. my 110 zerker on pocket farm can pull in 30k/hr in vendor trash.

PoFire C2 and yard could be 10-20k per hour in vendor trash.

Tradeskill items could be profitable depending on your servers. Acrylia caverns is good for ores, acrylia, words, binding powders etc.

Vergalid mines is good for tradeskill items as well.

I think I started running a squad around fort mech in their lower 90's with TBM gear. It was near continuous killing, sometimes needing to rest to wait for repops. I used that time to organize inventories, adjust loot settings etc. There is a ton of trash that drops, trash that you may not want .. quest items and such. I like the first and third floors. The first floor has an abundance of mobs to attack and a vendor you can visit to sell the trash to, look for Inizen Nogglezop (Spells and Tomes) he's in the NE corner of the first floor. The mobs there are in their upper 70's.

Gyrospire Zeta, and Meldrath's Majestic Mansion can also be good, but you'll find higher level mobs there in their lower 80's. I haven't visited the steam factory yet, it might be worth a try. It's hard to estimate how much plat per hour you could get, not sure how quickly you'll be able to kill and if your group would face any difficulties.

Discussion - Need Plat Farming Ideas - Mid 80's Level

Users who are viewing this thread

Back