• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Named mob difficulty in HA tasks (1 Viewer)

Oetang

RedCents
56¢
Greetings everyone - quick question about the mob scaling in Heroic adventures. Are the named in all adventures tuned up? I have only attempted two so far, the two from Tarl Punox in the plane of health. The named in both missions chewed me up and spit me out.
My team is SK, SHM, Mag, Dru, Brzkr with Journeyman Cleric Merc. All are level 86 except the Brzkr which is 84. The SK and most of the team has paragon gear in most slots 900+hp/m/e along with some filler pieces in the 500 h/m/e range. I run class plugins for SHM, Dru, Mag and Brzkr. The entire crew have auto grant aa to current level.

I have been reading that the TBM gear is nice for gear progression to 105 but it seems like farming remnants is going to be challenging in any mission with a named. Trash mobs are definitely tougher than many of the regular zone mobs but I handle them without much issue even if I have a pull where I have to tank two at the same time. The named are where I am getting torn apart.
Is there a step I am missing in gear progression?

I have some augs that I picked up while leveling- anything with AC on it went to the SK. I believe his Ac is ~1600

Yes, TBM named are vicious. They had to modify one of them two times before groups could kill him. He is still pretty mean and is the final guard you have to kill in "We make our own rewards" mission. I think that is the one you encountered. He had a death touch and speaking of death touches watch out for the Laxanvom labors ones as they have actual "death knights" that will also death touch you.

I don't remember having to kill any other "named" other than him as a requirement in the HA's unless we wanted to try just cause they were a named.

Keep in mind that after you have done the first 3 then you can buy the augs and armor etc off the merchants. And you can buy the remnants in the baz from other players or via Overseer currency. So you don't have to farm them all.

Also, I was let down with the armor etc for TBM and remnants. It seemed to be a lot of work and changing every few levels. You might want to consider doing the Tainted West Karana HA from Marla. I found those easier when I started HA. Then I moved on to Gribble in the Dead HIlls etc.

Marks of Valor is the currency in that and it builds up way faster than remnants.

Yes, TBM named are vicious. They had to modify one of them two times before groups could kill him. He is still pretty mean and is the final guard you have to kill in "We make our own rewards" mission. I think that is the one you encountered. He had a death touch and speaking of death touches watch out for the Laxanvom labors ones as they have actual "death knights" that will also death touch you.

I don't remember having to kill any other "named" other than him as a requirement in the HA's unless we wanted to try just cause they were a named.

Keep in mind that after you have done the first 3 then you can buy the augs and armor etc off the merchants. And you can buy the remnants in the baz from other players or via Overseer currency. So you don't have to farm them all.
Yeah the death touch stopped me in my tracks in that mission. The other mission I was able to complete but I had a go at the named and he wrecked me pretty quickly.
I pooled my resources to upgrade two item slots with armor and augs.
Thanks for the info on the Overseer, I have just been taking exp without looking at the other options.

I have some augs that I picked up while leveling- anything with AC on it went to the SK. I believe his Ac is ~1600
Get some higher AC items in the 500hp slots (Thule has a lot of options cheap) and any AC augs you can find (look on raidloot). MQ2Eskay would make a difference on survivability. Id also drop the merc healer for a bard for CC and more group DPS (PL one to 57 in a few hours with the sk then group him).

Get some higher AC items in the 500hp slots (Thule has a lot of options cheap) and any AC augs you can find (look on raidloot). MQ2Eskay would make a difference on survivability. Id also drop the merc healer for a bard for CC and more group DPS (PL one to 57 in a few hours with the sk then group him).
Appreciate the feedback - I will look for the upgrades.
I have been thinking about adding either bard or enchanter but leaning towards chanter due to the availability of the class plugin.

Question - Named mob difficulty in HA tasks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back