• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - My Tank Doesn't Suck Anymore, but.... (1 Viewer)

You love ur beast/bard so keep them. Either grow a baby bard and keep ur teenager sk and grow healer to 4 box or keep the bard and grow a baby tank/healer to 4 box till ur ready to move up to 5/6 toons!

Lots of people here do amazing things with unconventional non min/max groups .

You aren’t going to want to pour hours into new toons while wishing ur nostalgic toons were growing and playable so play the classes you must have and work around that.

If you want a cleric , it’ll work fine with a cleric.

First I want to thank everyone for their suggestions yesterday when I posted about not being able to tank with my SK. I appreciate all the feedback! https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/how-to-make-your-tank-not-suck.89833/page-2#post-597216

I decided to give everything with the Sk another chance. I logged on, filled his snowbound armor with augs, and purchased MQ2eskay. Went into ToV where I'm normally dead in about 15 seconds. Pulled a mob, and the SK tanked him like a boss. Had my bard on kissassist and she was slowing, mezzing adds and doing her bard thing. I went on into GD, something, put the tank in pullertank mode and he went to work.

Turns out the issue wasn't my gear or AA's. I'm simply not as good as the automation... the truth hurts.

Here's the question. I'm still needing to add a 3rd, which I'm going to boost to 100. Most people tell me I need to grab a Shaman or Cleric and that makes since, but which one? Additonally. While it's great that the MQ2eskay makes tanking easy, and IT DOES. I almost feel like I'm watching EQ now instead of playing it. I wonder if my 3rd should be a melee dps where I can mash buttons. That was one thing I really loved about my BST. I'm still considering using the 3rd account to make a new 100 SK so I can do that very thing.

anyways, that's the update. The plugins are indeed amazing.
Shaman. Clerics are kinda dull.

You love ur beast/bard so keep them. Either grow a baby bard and keep ur teenager sk and grow healer to 4 box or keep the bard and grow a baby tank/healer to 4 box till ur ready to move up to 5/6 toons!

Lots of people here do amazing things with unconventional non min/max groups .

You aren’t going to want to pour hours into new toons while wishing ur nostalgic toons were growing and playable so play the classes you must have and work around that.

If you want a cleric , it’ll work fine with a cleric.

Funny you should say that because that's the final decision I made today. I don't really love the Sk Fankly. I'm starting a new group, to give me something fresh, but also for the purpose of working up a new tank, new healer, and new dps that will eventually join my BST/Bard combo.

For those who are curious from levels 0-85
my group is War/Shm/zerker/zerker/zerker (two of the Zerkers are just placeholders for BST/Bard until level 85)

Once 85 they will get a PL to 100ish and then join my core group which will become
War/Shm/Brd/Bst/zerker

This may not be the best-designed group in the world but I'm choosing fun and what I think I can manage as a more casual player. The 6th slot is left open on purpose. On almost a nightly basis I let a guildy or two join me who need help with exp, etc... When no guildy needs help, I'll just pop a merc.

The reason I'm leveling the group to 85, rather then just full on PL to 100 or 110 as soon as possible is because I want to feel a connection with my characters as well as get a feel for them, especially the Warrior and Shaman since they will be a very important part of my core. I'm assuming this wont take long anyways, especially if I grab CWTN on Warrior and Shaman I already know BST and BRD like the back of my hand, and I'm ok with Zerker just being in /rgmerc mode.

Having a cleric is fine but, in my experience, once your SK is decently geared, the cleric is overkill and you'll notice them standing around doing nothing. My group is generally sk, shm, rog, brd, bst and either mag or zerker. I do bring the cleric out for missions or when heavy healing is necessary.

An SK is my primary tank. I control the group with him but manually move, pull, position the group with the rest of the group on chase. I am almost always in Sic mode but I let the plug-in do all the fighting after I hit attack.

I played a mage forever and I started this boxing thing to get him the phat lewts with the SK and a SHM with two mercs. Turns out I really enjoy running a full group of 6 and real accounts using CWTN plugins are amazing over mercs.

Question - My Tank Doesn't Suck Anymore, but....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back