• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - My SK vs my Pally first thoughts (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,787¢
I finally got that SK up to 120 Equipped him in full T1 and here are my first thoughts after running a Pally.

The SK seems more gear and AA dependant to stay alive. Not a knock just an observation.

The SK is certainly more offensive on an even playing field. The SK Epic 2.0 is also a must. Who even knows what the Pally 2.0 is or does? It's not on par with the SK or we all would.

I feel safer with my Pally in the group because he is an extra rezzer and having 3 rezzers has prevented quite a few wipes when the pull went full on Louis Roberts!
These are my first thoughts as I now have both tanks.

Pallies are sleeper group tanks for sure.

they're sturdy and their aggro is top notch (can use splash as easy aoe aggro)

I don't enjoy "driving" my pally as much as my sk(s), but i do enjoy the toon for PLing and other stuff

While I haven't played a pally ever .My main SK is pretty sweet . He can solo with no merc the blue mobs in maidens eye all day long. Gd grind with no healer . Made it through a few missions and zland with healer dead. I am not sure what a pally can do but my sk impresses my buddy and I all the time

p.s. Huge Thanks to Rob for helping me bang out my fv sk 100-110 yesterday . He was a trooper and stayed until I made my goal. Was like some good old days of grinding mobs.

While I haven't played a pally ever .My main SK is pretty sweet . He can solo with no merc the blue mobs in maidens eye all day long. Gd grind with no healer . Made it through a few missions and zland with healer dead. I am not sure what a pally can do but my sk impresses my buddy and I all the time

p.s. Huge Thanks to Rob for helping me bang out my fv sk 100-110 yesterday . He was a trooper and stayed until I made my goal. Was like some good old days of grinding mob
I see that old EQ community in here much more than I do in Live.

I've got a baby Paly I've been enjoying playing around with. Not yet high enough to really see his potential. My SK main is a beast though. Was shocked to see my SK take on the Gumdrops in the Spirit Fades mission with ease when my Cleric died.

I nearly jumped ship on my Pally main around a year ago. Turns out I needed to fill out a full group and change some ADPS. Now she is a great tank albeit missing some augs, but at 115 I have zero complaints.

I've played both a few times.... and I find the Pally fun to a point..... SK more like a wizard tank and pally... well a healer tank.... so you can't really go down in a fair fight.... but you will need a nap halfway through.

Pallies are sleeper group tanks for sure.

they're sturdy and their aggro is top notch (can use splash as easy aoe aggro)

I don't enjoy "driving" my pally as much as my sk(s), but i do enjoy the toon for PLing and other stuff
Pally PL? Low-level or ...? I can't see how a pally would be effective as a PLer other than as a tank in an undead zone with a low-level but within-level-range toon leeching exp. Am I missing something? I'm speaking from ignorance, having not played a pally since OoW :-p

Pally PL? Low-level or ...? I can't see how a pally would be effective as a PLer other than as a tank in an undead zone with a low-level but within-level-range toon leeching exp. Am I missing something? I'm speaking from ignorance, having not played a pally since OoW :-p
I saw a pally stun pulling in crescent reach with a DS they had a low level bard in group aoe dmg not sure on the specifics though.

I finally got that SK up to 120 Equipped him in full T1 and here are my first thoughts after running a Pally.

The SK seems more gear and AA dependant to stay alive. Not a knock just an observation.

The SK is certainly more offensive on an even playing field. The SK Epic 2.0 is also a must. Who even knows what the Pally 2.0 is or does? It's not on par with the SK or we all would.

I feel safer with my Pally in the group because he is an extra rezzer and having 3 rezzers has prevented quite a few wipes when the pull went full on Louis Roberts!
These are my first thoughts as I now have both tanks.
My main raid toon is pal and once I max them out for the yr I do my grouping with the sk. Granted not nearly as good on the sk but will take the pal any day. IMO have more uses, heals, cure rez ect. Seems less dps then a sk but more durable to me. That and sk are in trouble if they ever nerf that epic and it does seem like a prime candidate.

As to pal 2.0 its basically a watered down version of the armor of the inquisitor AA. Boosts inc heals. I use it during raids when AoI is on CD.

p.s. Huge Thanks to Rob for helping me bang out my fv sk 100-110 yesterday . He was a trooper and stayed until I made my goal. Was like some good old days of grinding mobs.
I was just playing with a friend. It was the good news days bro.

I PL with my Pally but I group that is.

I really wasn't trying to start a debate. That's why I stayed away from anything inflammatory. I just wanted to post my first thought after riding an SK when I had been riding a Pally.

Discussion - My SK vs my Pally first thoughts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back