• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - My Sister and EQ -- She needs Convincing! (1 Viewer)

RedCents
7,735¢
My sister used to play EQ all the time. I got her into it when she was 12 years old. Fast forward to today, and she has not played for over a year now. She loved the game. And she loved playing with me and my other sister. I wanted her to come back to the game and play with my Wife and I. But, I cannot seem to get her interested enough to return. Anyone have any ideas? The goal is to have family play nights sort of thing. Maybe once or twice a week.

Her go to reason when I ask her why not, is that she doesnt' want to start over, and she doesn't want to do high end content either. But the idea still appeals to her. :shrug:

My sister used to play EQ all the time. I got her into it when she was 12 years old. Fast forward to today, and she has not played for over a year now. She loved the game. And she loved playing with me and my other sister. I wanted her to come back to the game and play with my Wife and I. But, I cannot seem to get her interested enough to return. Anyone have any ideas? The goal is to have family play nights sort of thing. Maybe once or twice a week.

Her go to reason when I ask her why not, is that she doesnt' want to start over, and she doesn't want to do high end content either. But the idea still appeals to her. :shrug:
Herioc 85 or 100 then maybe. Not starting over and not high end. ba da bing

Let her go. I would be happy she left the game and let it go. I would never want to be responsible for turning someone on to EQ.

If I could go back 20 plus years, I would of never started playing. Now, I can only imagine what my life would of been without it.

Let her go. I would be happy she left the game and let it go. I would never want to be responsible for turning someone on to EQ.

If I could go back 20 plus years, I would of never started playing. Now, I can only imagine what my life would of been without it.
I hear you. However, for us it's been a thing of bonding in the past. Not so much for the game itself. It's also helped me not work all the time and just play.

Is it that she doesn’t want to start all over or she doesn’t want to start all over and feel like she’s behind? If it’s the latter, give up MQ and try a TLP where everyone is starting over.

Is it that she doesn’t want to start all over or she doesn’t want to start all over and feel like she’s behind? If it’s the latter, give up MQ and try a TLP where everyone is starting over.
I think it's that she doesn't like the idea of grinding out from lvl 1 again. I keep telling her it's for hangout time as a family. We'd all be starting at the same time somehow on some server. But then again, she doesn't like the heroic idea either where we all start higher level. Just trying to figure out what may excite her to actually pull the trigger and come play with us in a new group.

I think it's that she doesn't like the idea of grinding out from lvl 1 again. I keep telling her it's for hangout time as a family. We'd all be starting at the same time somehow on some server. But then again, she doesn't like the heroic idea either where we all start higher level. Just trying to figure out what may excite her to actually pull the trigger and come play with us in a new group.
This might be a craz y idea but iirc you play several toons. Why not take one out of your group and see if she will play one of them with your group/team? She can group play one of the six and you can box the other 5. No commitment there and if you have a toon class she likes, maybe it becomes interesting again.

This might be a craz y idea but iirc you play several toons. Why not take one out of your group and see if she will play one of them with your group/team? She can group play one of the six and you can box the other 5. No commitment there and if you have a toon class she likes, maybe it becomes interesting again.
Hey not a bad idea. I will run with this and see what she thinks. Thank you!

Why not ask her what she wants to do to "bond" - I mean she may just be using those reasons as an excuse to do other things she likes better. A new boyfriend? Shopping? Checkers? You know.

A year is not really that long to be away, maybe she burnt out and just wants something else to do.

Why not ask her what she wants to do to "bond" - I mean she may just be using those reasons as an excuse to do other things she likes better. A new boyfriend? Shopping? Checkers? You know.

A year is not really that long to be away, maybe she burnt out and just wants something else to do.
Well we do other things together. EQ was always a special connection thing we had. Since my wife and I play it, we thought it would be fun to have her join us. She's not burned out, as she stated to me. That was the first thing I asked her. It's just weird. It's like shes totally interested in coming back to play, but at the same time....not? I am very close to my sister. I just feel like I need to sell her on it in some way I have not thought of yet. Don't think it's deeper than that honestly. I even asked her if she wants to play a different game. And she replies with "No, I like EQ. That would be the game i'd want to play with you guys, I am just not so sure yet if I want to". :shrug:

This is NOT the answer. Think about all of the adventures you have had in EQ. The dragons slayed. The friends you made back in the day before all of this automation. The trains to zone! The scary Fear break-ins. The epics you worked your tail off in current content only to be disappointed in how it looks (Talking to you Duck Stick!). The memories....

Do not deprive others of these adventures... find another answer LOL!

I like Redmonkey's answer. "Talk to yo sista"

Gotta figure out why she doesn't want to play (and it may just be that EQ can be a huge time sink and grind, which psymorph's answer handles)

Well I finally found the answer after I talked to her about this about the 8th time. She is afraid that if she plays, and she can't get into it, I would be disappointed in her for that.

Of course I wouldn't be disappointed. Which is what I explained to her. I always have supported her, and never had a time where I was disappointed. She's a great person. Her heart gets too big, and then gets in her way sometimes.

Well I finally found the answer after I talked to her about this about the 8th time. She is afraid that if she plays, and she can't get into it, I would be disappointed in her for that.

Of course I wouldn't be disappointed. Which is what I explained to her. I always have supported her, and never had a time where I was disappointed. She's a great person. Her heart gets too big, and then gets in her way sometimes.
Thanks for the update on the situation, you will have to let us know once you guys get a chance to link up in Norrath and how she liked it. I am trying to figure out a way to get my Mom and Brothers to start playing again. We used to play on Seventh Hammer way back in the day and more recently on Mangler TLP. We all live in different states and it gave us an excuse to talk to each other once a week in discord. I definitely miss our family game nights. We tried playing other games besides EQ but that was always a fan favorite. My brother is married with three kids and also going to nursing school, so he has been super busy. I wish I could play with my Mom for Mother's Day since I can't see her IRL at the moment... I get that this game can be a time sink and addictive, but at it's core it was designed with community in mind. I have a very stressful job and I find myself thinking about work when I get home except when I am immersed in a video game like EQ. I find it as a great way to unwind and destress at the end of a hard day, especially if you are doing it with friends or family. I guess it's all about how you look at it.

I have a friend I play with once a week. We have characters we only play together and just slowly progress. On that server we’re way behind everyone else, but it’s still pretty fun just because the two of us are hanging out and live too far away to hang out in person.

I had the same issue with my kid. He has the attention span of a goldfish, so didn't want to disappoint me when they got tired of playing the game and moved on to something else. What server do you play on Doc? Tried to send you a PM but you either have me blocked or don't accept messages from anybody 🤪

I had the same issue with my kid. He has the attention span of a goldfish, so didn't want to disappoint me when they got tired of playing the game and moved on to something else. What server do you play on Doc? Tried to send you a PM but you either have me blocked or don't accept messages from anybody 🤪
I play on Cazic and FV. I just don't accept PM's in general.

Question - My Sister and EQ -- She needs Convincing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back