• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - My Plugin won't update (1 Viewer)

Moving to Correct Post .

checking how its behing held by antivirus as i dont run a antivirus. will reboot and come back , would it be a specific file i can look for in the process window to close it so it can update ?

Moving to Correct Post .

checking how its behing held by antivirus as i dont run a antivirus. will reboot and come back , would it be a specific file i can look for in the process window to close it so it can update ?
please don't delete threads after people answer you elsewhere. if it needed to be moved i would have moved it. :(

your issue is a general plugin/launcher/updater question and isn't an mq2war specific question which is why i didn't move your post here.

gonna move your post back to the thread where you were asking for help.

as far as your specifics go - it *might* not be antivirus or windows defender related, but most often is.

do you have slow internet or intermittent internet issues? because it can be those as well.

also guessing cause you tagged me you do want my help? just full disclosure between you and that other dude today my patience for being talked down to is pretty thin, so if we can just stay on topic and help get your issue resolved we'll both be happy lads

that error is saying there is an issue accessing that file which can mean things like the following:
antivirus
windows defender
any file syncing - like one drive
anything that scans your files
intermittent internet connection
slow internet downloading

best bet is to:
check av
check defender
check file syncing
if you have any quarantined files, unquarantine them, then consider whitelisting your mq/eq/rg folders
reboot
re-run the launcher
cross your fingers

im just asking for help on understanding why im having this issue . when i posted i selected question / problems as it did not seem to be anything that didnt need to be in mq2war discussion thread as it wasnt a in game issue i was having you mentioned i posted in wrong forum is reason i moved it . trying to just keep things quiet and Sival. not sure why im being attacked else where im sorry.

I do not have slow internet , currently 443.89 download 78.4 up

upon restart i got same issue but it appears to give todays date on the update side ? is there anyway to tell if it updated before i log into the game ?

if everything in your plugin tab is green, then you are updated and good to go

1668649402734.png

many times that file lock hiccup will sort itself out - especially if it was one of the things i mentioned above - could have also just been a computer resource hiccup

Problem - My Plugin won't update

Users who are viewing this thread

Back