• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - My group - Bard of Enchanter? (1 Viewer)

Thrilled

RedCents
10¢
Greetings,

So currently I am running a group with two friends and we have the following setup:

Warrior
Beastlord
Mage (me)
Enchanter (box)

I am leaning towards swapping my mage to an berzerker instead now at lvl 85 by using an heroic character.

So that would mean the new group setup is:

Warrior
Beastlord
Berzerker
Box (Enchanter/Bard)

My question for you more experienced then me are:

What would be a better fit in the long run? A bard or an enchanter? Since its a melee heavy build I am leaning towards the bard. However I am a bit worried if the bard will be enough when we are coming close to the non full raid endgame? ie ToV

Thanks in advance!

@Thrilled with the new KA12 theyve recently made a lot of upgrades for bard logic, so I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I went with an ENC in a similar group, and I am now in the process of getting a bard up to spec

Thanks a ton for all your input! My fears was that I read some comments that the bards had alot harder times when it comes in succeeding their mezzes... albeit a few years older posts. Just wanted to make sure that I didn't prevent myself from being able to handle the same content as I would be able to with an enchanter.

@Thrilled with the new KA12 theyve recently made a lot of upgrades for bard logic, so I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I went with an ENC in a similar group, and I am now in the process of getting a bard up to spec

Also when using KA12 can I still use the ini files for KA11 for the bards? Also does anyone have a good lvl 85 ini to be used for a bard?

Thanks again!

For a melee heavy group, bard is the way to go. It only gets better the further you level it up with all its utility and DPS boosting songs for the whole group.
Enchanter is fine but it is more situational and requires more attention and planning when it comes to charming stuff, despite the fact that it can be as powerful. It's just not efficient to alt-tab continuously to your chanter in a hectic fight situation.

I use both bard and enchanter.. soo bard adhp for melee in song procs.. dps is okay.. enchnater mezz more mobs at one time.. foes better dps then bard but lose the adhp for the others... it all depends on how u group pull.. i pull with tank. So heavy use mez.. I do sk pulls on paladin.. bard can mezz but slower then enchanter...

I run a bard with my warrior, berzerker, mage, and cleric. The adps, selos, dual invis, pulling ability, slow, and crowd control are all very useful and are why I chose this class. Here is a rule of thumb, you may want to consider a enchanter if you are running a magic/spellcasting heavy group. If you are running heavy on melee take the bard always the adps output for melee is much better then spellcasters

I box an enchanter in a semi-melee group (no zerk) because it's a lot easier, imo. I use it for buffs, superior CC, and a little DPS after everything is tashed/slowed. I think if I had swapped monk for zerk, and paladin for warrior, the enchanter for bard would make a lot more sense.
The enchanter has been absolutely clutch when stupid shit happens and mobs path the wrong way and now I have 8+ mobs inc. AE mezz, good slow, and then locking down mobs one at a time once the tank gets a full disc set rolling.

Question - My group - Bard of Enchanter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back