• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - multiple group problem (1 Viewer)

RedCents
10¢
After the new Xpac came out, when running more than one group every group after the first after about 45 minutes melee and spells just stop. On every toon that isn't a healer. The healers still cast. No melee, no combat spells or abilities. No crash or anything, no errors. Just stands there trying to cast the same spell/ ability over and over until combat ends. First group loaded never has any issue.

After the new Xpac came out, when running more than one group every group after the first after about 45 minutes melee and spells just stop. On every toon that isn't a healer. The healers still cast. No melee, no combat spells or abilities. No crash or anything, no errors. Just stands there trying to cast the same spell/ ability over and over until combat ends. First group loaded never has any issue.
With the information you are giving us, right now this is

mission impossible GIF

macro? plugin?

Are you using EQBC or Dannet or both? Do you use BoxHud? If so, what does the Macros tab show?

If you are using CWTN plugins, make sure the plugin window is open with /cwtn show and you can also verify on one of the toons they are in the mode you are expecting with /echo ${CWTN.ModeID}

i have had similar problems where all but the tank and healer stop seem to stop. Tanks are running Kiss and in one group healer is running MQ2cleric, other is using a merc. Death or reboot has sorted it.
believe Tanks are just going onto autoattack when it happens i.e not using any discs etc. noticed once mq window said "checking for stuck gem =false" repeatedly
all toons but tanks and bards use CWTN plugins , use EQBC, tanks and bard use Kiss. happening in NoS zones, do have new xpac but not fighting there yet,

ok. Thank you!
Then see if all the characters using CWTN Plugins are in the modes you expect, which I'm assuming is the same mode as the group that is working just fine. Obviously make sure they aren't paused either. If they aren't in the mode you expect or are paused, then you have something that is triggering that change for those characters/group.

Then see if all the characters using CWTN Plugins are in the modes you expect, which I'm assuming is the same mode as the group that is working just fine. Obviously make sure they aren't paused either. If they aren't in the mode you expect or are paused, then you have something that is triggering that change for those characters/group.
All mine were in correct mode , even thou i did try changing modes to no effect, personally thou since it seemed to be affecting those running Kiss as well as those running cwtn plugins, I put it down to an EQ or network problem.
Also since zoning or camping seemed to fix it, to me would point to EQ hence why i never posted about it before.

not at home so cant check what other plugins were running, but nothing new added or removed since and its been ok since.

i have had similar problems where all but the tank and healer stop seem to stop. Tanks are running Kiss and in one group healer is running MQ2cleric, other is using a merc. Death or reboot has sorted it.
believe Tanks are just going onto autoattack when it happens i.e not using any discs etc. noticed once mq window said "checking for stuck gem =false" repeatedly
all toons but tanks and bards use CWTN plugins , use EQBC, tanks and bard use Kiss. happening in NoS zones, do have new xpac but not fighting there yet,
If it's an issue with a stuck spell gem, which is an EQ bug I believe, you can try and turn /cwtna CheckForStuckGems on

Each resource on RG has an Overview / Discussion Thread and either a link to their wiki or tabs with FAQ, Commands, Etc.
Please make sure to post in the respective discussion thread, and check the FAQ/Commands/Wiki for information before posting.

Problem - multiple group problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back