• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Multiple EQ accounts (1 Viewer)

MjolnirTech

RedCents
31¢
This maybe a dumb question. I'm trying to get my group setup and I'm wondering how do people set up multiple accounts for eq? do you need a different email address for each one, or is that a good idea/bad idea? I'm afraid that I'll forget/lose track of all the emails user accounts and passwords. maybe it's not a big deal, but I already had a hard time remembering my account from over a decade ago and I don't want to end up there.

any advice would be appreciated.

I have them set up per group to a email, then save that email/username/pw in a text doc, in a google drive share file, in a discord pinned message and email to the wife.. I am also afraid of losing the 30+ accounts login, so i make sure i have alot of backup.

This maybe a dumb question. I'm trying to get my group setup and I'm wondering how do people set up multiple accounts for eq? do you need a different email address for each one, or is that a good idea/bad idea? I'm afraid that I'll forget/lose track of all the emails user accounts and passwords. maybe it's not a big deal, but I already had a hard time remembering my account from over a decade ago and I don't want to end up there.

any advice would be appreciated.
Best practice is no more than 5 accts per e-Mail. Also, created them and the chars well in advance and let them sit for a bit so it doesn't look suspicious. Vpn is nice to have (flip it around often)...and do your best to fly under the radar and not get reported.

@durango773 is right on the money, start off with at least those 5-6 columns in a google doc and keep track of each acct name, log-in/pass, e-Mail, e-mail pass, char name, and class...i'm at 50+ and i'm glad I did that early on so I can keep it all straight.

I use 1 email for a gazillion EQ accounts.

Some people say to use different emails but that is not hiding anything, they know who/how/what/when/why you are connecting/playing.

Just don't use a free email service like I did one time. Never logged into it and it expired and I had no way to get back to it. Had to contact DBG support which is how I know they can trace anything connected to you. :) Back then there was much more civility between support and players, so they used to actually talk to you!!!! Well, email.

I did have another bunch of accounts but with different email but those never got DBG emails. What is odd though is that they did get their email over on the 1 email. And yes I know what email I have on file.

But we all have different superstitions but creating more than a few accounts a day is a sure flag.

The most I have made is 3 and then a few days later I make a couple more. Takes me a little bit to get all set up on them anyway and there is no hurry to make them all at the same time.

Also do not try to buy multiple expansions or krono fast as that flags them too.

Welcome!

I have them set up per group to a email, then save that email/username/pw in a text doc, in a google drive share file, in a discord pinned message and email to the wife.. I am also afraid of losing the 30+ accounts login, so i make sure i have alot of backup.
I also track my accounts and most accomplishments in Excel. Its a good way to track all sorts of quests, armor and Rk. Spells.

Use filters to sort accounts per lvl, server, Free/Gold, or whatever. Good stuff.

-Taz

So.... question.... for people who have gotten suspensions recently, do they also suspend all your idle accounts that you haven't played in months?
They absolutely can. Think of it this way, if they catch you cheating on one account, all of your accounts that they've associated with you as the owner are flagged as "cheater" accounts. Then the next time they decide to do a suspension wave, you may have one or more accounts get a "7 day vaca".

IRL - Multiple EQ accounts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back