• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Multiple computer use (1 Viewer)

RedCents
402¢
If I have my team that I'm leveling in one group on my desktop, can I run my main in the same group from my laptop? I'm sure this has already been answered but I'm not finding the answer. TIA

Sic

RedCents
13,210¢
If I have my team that I'm leveling in one group on my desktop, can I run my main in the same group from my laptop? I'm sure this has already been answered but I'm not finding the answer. TIA
yup, you sure can.

there are some things that require communication either via network using eqbc/dannet or some things like the cwtn plugins that require same local pc for buffing purposes - but outside of some of those nice things, absolutely

RedCents
1,958¢
And definitely check out ISBOXER.
One of the cool features of isboxer is a Multiple Computer Setup.

You can actually launch everything from your laptop - even if you have your laptop in a motel room on another country - You can start up the game remotely.

RedCents
1,787¢
And definitely check out ISBOXER.
One of the cool features of isboxer is a Multiple Computer Setup.

You can actually launch everything from your laptop - even if you have your laptop in a motel room on another country - You can start up the game remotely.
Been using ISB for probably a decade or so at this point - on usually 2 pc, occasionally 3. Somehow I did not know you could launch all from the same comp..... Now I need to figure out that in addition to a few of your other recommendations.

RedCents
501¢
idk why youd want to use ISB when you can just make eqbc go acrost multi pcs on the same network, for control
then use like a mouse and keyboard over internet thing to control with just one mouse and keyboard ( such like mouse without boarders or multiplicity)

Sic

RedCents
13,210¢
Symlink the file to a network share?
no. please do not recommend this to anyone for the cwtn class plugins (there are also other things you don't want to share either, but the question was specific to me and the cwtn plugins). the way we currently handle buffs reads/writes frequently to a file - trying to share access to that over a network will cause poor performance and undesired results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)