• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2Events (2 Viewers)

Teichou

RedGuides OG
RedCents
1,501¢
MQ2Events - Ini-determined, event driven.

/event <load|delete <name>|settrigger <name> <trigger text>|setcommand <name> <command text>|list>

/event : Display syntax and examples.
/event settrigger <name> <trigger text> : Create custom trigger.
/event setcommand <name> <command text> : Create custom command.
/event load : Reads INI file.
/event delete <name> : Deletes a specific event by name.

Ini file name:
MQ2Events_CharacterName.ini i.e. MQ2Events_Bob

[eventname]
trigger=trigger text
command=command to execute when triggered

ini example entries
Rich (BB code):
[campcheck]
trigger=#*#says out of character, 'cc#*#
command=/if (${Zone.ID}==703) /ooc Beget Cube

[campcheck2]
trigger=#*#says out of character, 'camp check#*#
command=/if (${Zone.ID}==703) /ooc Beget Cube

[enrage]
trigger=|${Target.DisplayName}| has become ENRAGED#2#
command=/attack off

[relaytell]
trigger=#1# tells you, #2#
command=/tell relaytargetname ${EventArg1} told me, '${EventArg2.Mid[2,${Math.Calc[${EventArg2.Length}-2]}]}'

[group]
trigger=#1#To join the group, click on the 'FOLLOW' option, or 'DISBAND' to cancel.#2#
command=/timed ${Math.Calc[3+${Math.Rand[4]}].Int}s /keypress ctrl+i

[raid]
trigger=#1#To join the raid click the accept button in the raid window or type /raidaccept.#2#
command=/timed ${Math.Calc[3+${Math.Rand[4]}].Int}s /raidaccept

Last edited by a moderator:
MQ2Events has not worked for a few months for me now. Here is my events.ini, any help in getting it going again would be great. I didn't change anything and can't remember what update it was when it stopped working. I use it with Kissassist to trigger delayed heals with my cleric. The relay tells work, but not the Promised heal or the Camp Checks. I'm sure something is wrong.

[PromisedHeal]
trigger=<#1#> PULLING#2#
command=/multiline ; /tar tankname pc ; /keypress 1

[campcheck]
|trigger=#*#says out of character, 'cc#*#
|command=/multiline ; /delay 100 /ooc mob I'm camping

[campcheck2]
|trigger=#*#says out of character, 'camp check#*#
|command=/multiline ; /delay 100 /ooc mob I'm camping

[relaytell]
trigger=#1# tells you, #2#
command=/tell oneofmycharacters ${EventArg1} told me, '${EventArg2.Mid[2,${Math.Calc[${EventArg2.Length}-2]}]}'

Thanks for any help!

- - - Updated - - -

Well I ended up recreating the ini files from scratch and they now work. Strange, but I'm good now.

I know i must be missing something stupid.

It was working on my events.ini. When i went in to add some more and it stopped and now i cant even get a simple one to work.

I have done "/plugin mq2events" to make sure it was loaded

I have done "/event load" to make sure it read the ini. file

Here is 1 i am trying that worked like 2 hours ago before i decided to work on them.

Rich (BB code):
[Healer_Hate]
trigger=#*#A dissonant chord rings in your ears#*#
command=/docommand ${If[${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[Clr]},/casting "Nullify Corruption", ${If[${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[DRU]}, /casting "Chant of Kromtus",${If[${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[SHM]},/casting "Chant of Kromtus",]}]}]}

Try to put a command in the last false slot. Anything should do (IE /BC cure yourself beggar
I'm not a priest)

- - - Updated - - -

Also it's chant of the kromtus

/casting "${Spell[Chant of the Kromtus].RankName}"

/casting "${Spell[Nullify Corruption].RankName}"

Last edited:
well this is actually your code toots. (thanks for the help) It worked fine for all of our Mastero kills and then i had to go in a fiddle with it.

Now I cant get anything to work.

I had left the following code in my MQ2event2_name file and one of my guildies pointed it out to me. This was from my first attempts with events. When i went in to delete it and in game did a /event load it said reading ini file. However, after that things just went downhill.

I think i am going to delete all MQ2 and KA tonight and start over fresh. It is probably time to do that anyways.

When i go to make my first event what is the best way to do this?

Do i need to make the MQ2events_name file first or should i do something in game to let it auto create? /plugin mq2events ?

Rich (BB code):
[campcheck]
trigger=#*#says out of character, 'cc#*#
command=/ooc Beget Cube

That is the exact reason why i was in there messing with them. When i first found out about Mq2Events i used the write up shown below and that was the first example.

https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/24763-MQ2Events

I got it working last night but now i have a new question. With the following code it will cast cure on the group. However if i happen to be mid cast it will not cure the group. Is there a way to force it to cast cure as soon as the current spell stops casting or even stop casting and cast cure? Do i need the /docommand or should i take that out?

Rich (BB code):
[Healer_Hate]
trigger=#*#A dissonant chord rings in your ears#*#
command=/docommand /casting "Nullify Corruption"

Is there a way to grab the events that are in the MQ window? Events seems to ignore that windows and does not pickup anything in there.

Thanks,

Best thing to do for learning to code events is to look in the beginning of KISS for examples. Here are two that read the MQ spew.

Rich (BB code):
#Event ChangeVarInt      "[MQ2] Reset #1# #2# #3#"
#Event DebugAll          "[MQ2] DebugAll"

What I'm looking for is a way to trigger the following.

[HoT]
trigger=#*#PULLING->#*#
command=/multiline ; /tar mypullername pc ; /casting "Halcyon Bluster" ; /bc Halcyon Bluster on mypullername

It worked a few years ago just like the, but now that I have returned it is not working. Not sure if it is grabbing from the MQ2 window or not. If I put that in /g it works as is.

I was under the impression MQ2event was not working properly at the moment, though I may be wrong. I do not use the plugin.

Just curious though why the "Pulling" announcement would be in your shaman's MQ Chat window, as opposed to in for instance the BC window?

I was under the impression MQ2event was not working properly at the moment, though I may be wrong. I do not use the plugin.

Just curious though why the "Pulling" announcement would be in your shaman's MQ Chat window, as opposed to in for instance the BC window?

I modifies kissassist to say it in group chat as well, this enable it to work with events. I would rather not have to do that and would rather events grab it from the MQ2 window.

I modifies kissassist to say it in group chat as well, this enable it to work with events. I would rather not have to do that and would rather events grab it from the MQ2 window.

I apologize as, I tend to hit these boards when I am sleep deprived or just crawling out of my cave sometimes. I did not adequately convey my question/confusion.

The MQ window only reflects stuff for that toon. As your example is a heal over time spell being cast on another person (unless it is your shaman that is the puller) the only way you are going to get the puller to put something in your shaman's MQChat window is through some mechanism to echo it (that I know of, I am by no means some MQ expert :) ). For instance using EQBC, or IRCRelay.

Which... if you are going to use one of those... why not put the pull message there, since it is what KA is set up for. (if you grasp what I am driving at)

Some folks seem to not like using EQBC or IRC (which is their choice). But it was specifically set up to accomplish what you are looking to do... communicate between toons with out using ingame chat that SOE/DBG can monitor. If there is an obstical to using those plugins, perchance we can help you overcome those.

I tend to think linear sometimes when trouble shooting, and I get stuck on "why can't we do this" until I either hit a wall (convince myself it is unfeasible) or I figure out how to make it work. It has it's drawbacks (and annoys the maintenance dudes at work) but it focuses on the problem, not the symptom (or helps identify which is a problem and which is a symptom, IE the root cause)

Saying that, I realize you are wanting to get a plugin to work, and it is apparently working, but not in the channel you want it to listen to. The EQBC thing just jumps out to me as a solution that doesn't require much plugin editing is all =)

The one thing I would like it to do that it is not is to capture the text in the MQ2 window. For example. I use Kissassist and it has a message saying PULLING-> (or something similar), now when this message comes across the MQ2 windows, I would like it to trigger an event for my shaman to cast a HoT or my cleric to cast a delayed heal. This does not work, however, if I modify kissassist and have the same message broadcast over group chat (/g) then it is seen by events and everything works like it should ffor me. I can continue to modify kissassist, but it would be nice if it picked up text in the MQ2 windows.

Thanks,

MQ2Events works for any of the chat channels except the MQ main chat window.

Rich (BB code):
[FU]
trigger=[MQ2] F You
command=/echo No. Your not my type.
[FU2]
trigger=#*#F You#*#
command=/echo No. Your still not my type.

If I load the above ini file and then issue a /echo F You, nothing happens. If I issue a /say F You, I get a reply back No. Your still not my type.

I think MQ2Events is meant to ignore the MQ2 chat channel. So MQ2Events is working as designed.

I'm getting set to try to box some older raid encounters, and trying to set up events for the various emotes within the events.

I'm wondering if there is a way to have an event trigger if your name is anywhere in the string.

Example:

Soandso shouts: Die Player1, player2, player3, and player4.

In this instance the toons name could show up randomly in any of the 4 players chosen. Is there any way to do that similar to GINA's {S1}, {S2}, {C} etc. or am I just SoL?

The page is out of date in general , I know there was push for people to use the wiki etc

This will be for macro events, the post about with the string compares I will be needed to use mw2events, but you'd also need a macro event to update the strings for the plugin to compare I believe.

But look up custom events in the page here

It shows exactly how the event should be setup to pull out each name. I recall reading something else about this, but can't remember what. I used an event to automatically tell me which place to go based on the cypher and emote for EoK prince event

lets say he used mq2events to do something based on a shout or emote from a mob raid mob.

Rich (BB code):
BigBadRaidmob Shouts: Die player1!
he would set up and event that responded to that line:

Rich (BB code):
[DieShout]
trigger=#1# Shouts: Die #2#!
command=/if (${EventArg1.Equal[BigBadRaidmob]} && ${Spawn[=${EventArg2}].ID} == ${Me.ID}) /echo i been targetted for death!

if more names are in the trigger line, just set up more eventargs #3#, #4# and ${EventArg3}, ${EventArg4} and test them too. maybe even could do with a string find. not sure, but could be tested.

Hiya,

so I see that a generic mq2events ini seems to work with all of my clerics when I do a /event load.

My question is, if I make an eventsini_charname - will that take priority over the generic ini?

also multiline doesnt seem to be working for me... anyone else have this part working?

specifically using

INI:
trigger=#*#You feel a gaze of deadly power focusing on you#*#
command=/multiline ; /i say -- Clicking Mask!! ; /delay 9s !${Me.Casting.ID} ; /casting "Mirrored Mask" item

thanks !!

I want to preface this by saying that I am not very seasoned with coding, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

I did notice a missing character between your trigger, and my trigger. My trigger has an apostrophe at the beginning and end of the phrase:

IE: your trigger>>>
trigger=#*#You feel a gaze of deadly power focusing on you#*#

IE: my trigger >>>
trigger='#*#You feel a gaze of deadly power focusing on you#*#'

I believe those apostrophes are required. Adding them in should fix your problem.

As for you command, I have never tried "/delay 9s" within mq2events....what I have found to work within mq2events is: "/timed 20 /sit ; /timed 40 /stand ; ....etc etc etc". If by fixing the apostrophes the command still doesn't work, you can try playing around with different way of spacing out that click mask command.

At any rate, let me know if you get it working or not!

The apostrophes are not necessary. My trigger for this specific event is below. I have noticed that if I am not logging on the particular character and dont have my log interval set to 0, I experience issues. (/log on, /logint 0). Otherwise, this works like a charm, although I am not particularly savvy with events still.

trigger=You feel a gaze of deadly power focusing on you.
command=/if (${Zone.ID} == 317) /multiline ; /rs ~Mask Clicked~ ; /exchange "Mirrored Mask" Face ; /stopcast ; /timed 10 /casting "Mirrored Mask" item

Like during the Performer in Demi, the emotes go to event messages.. '#*#Randal recites a line of his song and beckons for you to approach him and sing the next line. when their profits were lost#*#' so that wont trigger at all.

Plugin - MQ2Events

Users who are viewing this thread

Back