• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2DanNet

Plugin - MQ2DanNet (1 Viewer)

If you have an EQBC server setup, the answer is "maybe" but if you're not running an EQBC server the answer is "yes, you can unload it."

Been using Dannet for awhile. Under another thread, I mentioned that my Cleric was not rebuffing folks. Someone suggested that my characters were not in the same Dgroup (even though they were grouped physically ingame). We tried some commands to try to get her to 'see' the others so she would rebuff them but in the end now my keys are not working (example /dgza or /dgae /afol for example, no one is following - etc).
Another example: Trying to use Sic's hotkeys, MQ returns " /if (NULL) /zerk mode 0 "
And of course no zerker changes their mode.

Help? I don't want to go back to EQBC if I can help it - All those hotkeys!

Last edited:
First, get used to looking at the peer's list in dannet use the /dnet info command(I thinks that's the command) and see if your characters are showing up in the all and/or group peers list. You need to make sure all the characters are in the correct peer group.

/dnet info returns the full list of all my characters on line one under the ::: all , then it correctly lists them all by ber/brd/clr etc and even my SK is listed under tank.

** Edit - well not sure what changed, but now they are following commands. /boggle.

Last edited:
Ok, Dannet being buggy again. I drive my team from my SK - right now nothing he says is reaching my alts. Tried /echo ${DanNet.Peers[${EverQuest.Server.Lower}]} and it returns only his name./dgae, /dgza nothing works. Any ideas?
/dnet info also only returns my SK's name (no one else).

Last edited:
Mine has been sketchy also. I only load Dannet on my warrior because I use ihc. He’s been crashing to desktop about every 4th zone and he’s not always getting buffs and sometimes my other team members don’t respond to his commands.

I was curious about the crashes as well. I went and looked at the code, honestly I don't understand most of it, but one of the basic things I do is make sure there is something that prevents my plugins from processing information if I'm not actually in the game, I didn't see a safeguard against that in dannet, though again, it's pretty high level stuff and I could just be overlooking it. Dannuic has been away, so I haven't been able to ask him about it. It would be nice to see the zone crashes sorted though.

Well, its working again but I have no CLUE why it starts and stops randomly. I might go back to EQBC if this keeps up. My crew died a horrible death when they failed to respond to my stop command in Danger zone and ran off the platform chasing the named when he flew up. .. /sigh.

I can't think of a reason you would need to stop intake of information when a plugin isn't in the game. You can't take action on information when a plugin isn't in the game, but DanNet doesn't take actions anyway, so that's a difference in just how you would need to program a plugin that interacts with the game versus one that doesn't. I suppose it is possible that trying to access a TLO when it's not available could cause a crash, but that's more of an MQ2 thing than a DanNet thing.

The underlying library for DanNet relies heavily on sockets being open. If you have a software firewall or antivirus program that closes sockets, it's going to cause problems. This is one of the primary reasons you see some people have a lot of problems and other people have no problems. McAfee, for example, is notorious for closing sockets regardless of whether they are in use or not. The underlying library has the same issue and it's a bad practice regardless. So, if you're having a lot of crashes I would confirm what antivirus and firewall you're using and see if there's an impact there.

Dannet accessing the TLO's is what I was thinking about, and what I considered might be causing the crash. I don't use antivirus and nothing else seems to have any issues with the built in firewalls, and why would the firewall or antivirus only cause issues while you're zoning that doesn't make any sense.

Seems more like a dannet thing than an MQ2 thing, since dannet is what causes the crash, as without it I don't crash. I don't know specifics for how the information is captured, or what specifically is causing the crash, I just know it exists only while dannet is loaded. So hopefully he fixes the plugin.

My wife and I run separate EQ groups both of us are running dannet. Is there any way to stop seeing the communications messages from the other pc/other group?

Dannet accessing the TLO's is what I was thinking about, and what I considered might be causing the crash.

Yes, so if that was causing a crash, it's an issue that should be fixed in the MQ2 core code because there's no restriction on calling a TLO. I'm not saying that it's not something that can't be accounted for in dannet, but the appropriate place for that kind of fix is the MQ2 core code. I'm also not suggesting that someone else fix it, blaming anyone, or laying the responsibility for the fix at anyone other than dannuic.

Consider it like this: If every time your car went over 30 mph, the hood popped up -- you can definitely fix it by not going over 30 mph. That's the equivalent of fixing the plugin to not allow a TLO call that causes a crash. It does fix the issue at hand, but someone else is going to have that problem later because they don't know to avoid something that shouldn't be an issue.

However, that may not be the problem at all. I haven't looked at crash dumps and I don't get the crashes myself. I am happy to help troubleshoot if someone wants to send me crash dumps though.

Sent you the dumps I got from it. But they aren't very useful since the crashes show up as ntdll.dll and kernelbase.dll neither of which we have symbols to, nor was I able to find a way to access the symbols IE: not on microsofts sym server, and not one of our plugins.

I have mq2dannet loaded on the three characters I am using, but when I do /dnet info on each character I only see that character in the channel. I am unsure what I am doing wrong. I am using one computer to run the three characters. Any help would be appreciated.

I have mq2dannet loaded on the three characters I am using, but when I do /dnet info on each character I only see that character in the channel. I am unsure what I am doing wrong. I am using one computer to run the three characters. Any help would be appreciated.
Check out the instructions on github. a snippet:
/djoin <group> [all|save] -- join a group, and optionally write to [General] or [server_character] (all or save, respectively)

Some Notes about Setup
  • Some complicated network topologies won't be supported (a server interface is a better solution)
  • If for some reason the peers aren't self-discovering on a local network
    • check the output of /dnet interface
    • set one of the discovered interface names with /dnet interface <name>
    • failing that, I'll have to look into why, so contact me with as much info as possible
I tried this also, not sure what I should put in for <name>.

Some Notes about Setup
  • Some complicated network topologies won't be supported (a server interface is a better solution)
  • If for some reason the peers aren't self-discovering on a local network
    • check the output of /dnet interface
    • set one of the discovered interface names with /dnet interface <name>
    • failing that, I'll have to look into why, so contact me with as much info as possible
I tried this also, not sure what I should put in for <name>.
interface i presume will mean naming a local interface ie: eth0 or ipv4 address and really not required for a basic setup.

just /djoin (your server short name) save
on each of the characters
then when you perform a /dnet info each character should be listed in the "All" and (your server shortname) channels.
also check the dannet.ini and they will be listed there also.

Today I was watching my crew and I saw the following from the puller:

dannet_bug.png

The puller is querying information from the others in the team. At the end of my Main sub I have a /delay 1s and CYCLE START means that the macro is at the top of the Main sub. There is a timer that allows the puller to ask once every 6 seconds (There are 6 CYCLE START messages in between query outputs). What can been seen here is that in six seconds the mana result jumped from 35 to 100, triggering a pull.

I have had it happen plenty of times before but now I actually caught it. It is not too frequent but does happen.

Any ideas what could have caused this?

The .Received member on the TLO will tell you the timestamp of the last time information was received. I would be curious to know what that is when this happens. Could you add it to your debug message?

The .Received member on the TLO will tell you the timestamp of the last time information was received. I would be curious to know what that is when this happens. Could you add it to your debug message?
Will do. Ill post back when I have another screenshot to share.

Here is another one:

Asking about mana is giving a 100, while in the group window we can see that the mana is lower and in fact below 85:

dannet_2.png

The number below each line is the ${DanNet.Q.Received} echo.

Thanks to all who helped with my MQ2Dannet issue on discord last night. The issue was that characters on my main computer could not communicate with each other and were not connecting to each other on the same computer.
I did some further testing today using my laptop and computer. Characters on my laptop could communicate with the characters on my main computer, but still the characters on my main computer could not communicate with each other.

I tried the Win10 built in network reset, which didn't help. I then tried a full network stack reset (including firewall) using the cmd's below. I would suggest that you don't run these unless you know what they do. If you are not sure, ask - there are plenty here and on discord who will help if you are not sure

I suspect it was the firewall reset that fixed the issue.

Note: Its not bash but I dont see an options for cmd line or powershell?
Bash:
ipconfig /flushdns #Clear the dns cache
nbtstat -RR #release and refresh NetBIOS names
netsh int ip reset #Reset the IP configurations
netsh winsock reset #Resets the Winsock Catalog to a clean state
netsh interface ip delete arpcache #Flushes the ARP cache for one or all interfaces
netsh advfirewall reset #Resets the policy to the default out-of-box policy

Restart computer

Just made the switch and dumped EQBC. Wow this is superb, I was running my SK on manual with Kiss so he could get buffed, I no longer have to do that using this. Superb plugin.

how do you stop a toon from broadcasting to (all)? not sure if this is a Dannet issue or EQBC

Note: i did set interface to 127.0.0.1 (localhost) but do i have reload something?
Not much to go by with your message --- are you asking about with a macro? like kissassist?

You would want to turn eqbcon and danneton to 0 if you don't want messages getting reported to everyone

EQBCOn

0/1/2|Channel

0=Off/1=On,|ChannelName - Messages for Mez, Heals, Pulls and Tanking in MQ2EQBC. See EQBC for more info.

i have two computers in my network, each running their own groups and both running EQBC and Dannet (I think), i see cleric and shamans running IHCMercs broadcasting to second PC example: server_toonname (all) casting blah remedy etc. Still on EQBC, i went through github and all documentation but decided that this is a game and not a PhD thesis :P

i have two computers in my network, each running their own groups and both running EQBC and Dannet (I think), i see cleric and shamans running IHCMercs broadcasting to second PC example: server_toonname (all) casting blah remedy etc. Still on EQBC, i went through github and all documentation but decided that this is a game and not a PhD thesis :P
ah - you should post in the IHC Section so the IHC-Squad can answer you - not sure if they have it setup so it can go to groups or just to broadcast all - but that'd be where to ask

I am having trouble converting some of the things i do in eqbcs to dannet. /multiline doesnt seem to work very well, like it only reads the last command of the line.
Example for inviting a group in eqbcs i have /multiline ; /bct thistard //invite thattard ; /bct thistard //invite othertard ; and so on.
How do i do this in dannet using multiline? Ive tried /multiline ; /invite tard1 ; /invite tard2 ; etc but only the last toon in the line will get invited.

thanks 8)

So I use this method all the time on my toons, your syntax should work fine, so I'm not certain what the issue might be. I do break mine into two lines in my social, just so I can see the names, and they don't scroll off the side of the social window. So mine would look like this:

/multiline ; /invite toon1; /invite toon2
/multiline ; /invite toon3; /invite toon4; /invite toon5

I only have a space on either side of the first semi-colon though, that might be the issue you're fighting.

Incidentally, this has nothing to do with Dannet, you don't need to preface any of this with Dannet channel commands unless you're issuing the command to another group on another computer, or in another zone.

Ive tried /multiline ; /invite tard1 ; /invite tard2 ; etc
If this is how you're actually doing it, you've completely left out the dannet comands. All you're doing here is telling the local character to send invites to tard1 and tard2.

in eqbcs i have /multiline ; /bct thistard //invite thattard ; /bct thistard //invite othertard
See here how you have a eqbc command /bct preceding the invite commands? You need the equivalent dannet command /dex. You'll want to do /multiline ; /dex thistard /invite thattard ; /dex thistard /invite othertard

For more general dannet conversions, I use this thread: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/mq2dannet-users-guide-moving-from-eqbcs-to-dannet.69597/

Plugin - MQ2DanNet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back