• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2DanNet

Plugin - MQ2DanNet (1 Viewer)

Okay so as a Player I am Not sure how mq2dannet benefits me i am sure as a Backend thing for IHC or kissassit etc.. could be very handy to code things in But for me what is the purpose? as just a Macro user not a Writer?

Per instructions, it says to replace /bct with /dgex but I am getting the error 'Could not find channel "mybadassCleric" when I use the hotkey

/dgex mybadassCleric /target mybadassSK

- I know I am missing something fundamental but not sure what I am missing.

** Never mind. I think I found it .. changing /dgex to /dex.

Last edited:
Integrating DanNet into KA is no simple task. This weekend I ran into an issue that DanNet presents when trying to buff group members, that are mercenaries. Think about that for a minute.

Integrating DanNet into KA is no simple task. This weekend I ran into an issue that DanNet presents when trying to buff group members, that are mercenaries. Think about that for a minute.
The solution to this is to fall back to a different buff routine, same as you would if you were in a group that had characters not running MQ2. KA's old buffs ini wasn't good for this either.

@Knightly, and @exspes007, I had figured that much out, but I am trying to not have to target a character to check for buffs. When it comes to Mercenaries there is nothing like Me.Mercenary.Buff[]. If you want to know what buffs are on a mercenary you have to target them.

When using the Kissassist_buffs.ini file the mercenaries buffs are written to the file by the mercenaries owner.

I was trying to test the new CachedBuff member added to the Spawn TLO, but it only caches the current buffs on the target and if the buff is dropped for whatever reason(clicked off, dispelled) the CachedBuff will NOT reflect that. If you want to know exactly what buffs a target has or doesn't have, at that current time, you have to target them. I can't think of a circumstance where I would trust using CachedBuff, in a buffing routine.

What I meant about the buffs.ini was if you had someone not running KISS in your group, it never got written to the ini.

The following is returning NULL for me... with the players both clearly in group and otherwise it is returning correct data from queries.

INI:
${DanNet.Peers.Find[${EverQuest.Server.Lower}_${Group.Member[${bmember}].Name.Lower}]}

The following is returning NULL for me... with the players both clearly in group and otherwise it is returning correct data from queries.

INI:
${DanNet.Peers.Find[${EverQuest.Server.Lower}_${Group.Member[${bmember}].Name.Lower}]}

Trying this out echo'ing the above and I gotta ask....has ${bmember} been defined as a number between 0 and 5?

in group and echoing the above I get NULL also, change it to
INI:
${DanNet.Peers.Find[${EverQuest.Server.Lower}_${Group.Member[1].Name.Lower}]}
or any number between 0 and 5 gives a correct result, 6 results in a NULL also

Edit: Another thing to check with /dnet info is if they actually are joining the dannet group

I was trying to test the new CachedBuff member added to the Spawn TLO, but it only caches the current buffs on the target and if the buff is dropped for whatever reason(clicked off, dispelled) the CachedBuff will NOT reflect that. If you want to know exactly what buffs a target has or doesn't have, at that current time, you have to target them. I can't think of a circumstance where I would trust using CachedBuff, in a buffing routine.

i've found it slow to populate and it produces stale data which is no use to anyone. I suppose you could keep a running variable with them all in there. but same problems arise with that as you would have a file, or any of the various TLOs . is there a me.mercanary.buffs? or similar?

Trying this out echo'ing the above and I gotta ask....has ${bmember} been defined as a number between 0 and 5?

in group and echoing the above I get NULL also, change it to
INI:
${DanNet.Peers.Find[${EverQuest.Server.Lower}_${Group.Member[1].Name.Lower}]}
or any number between 0 and 5 gives a correct result, 6 results in a NULL also

Edit: Another thing to check with /dnet info is if they actually are joining the dannet group

This line is right out of your code:
/for bmember 1 to ${Group}

I adapted the routine lightly from your code. :worship::airquote::swoon:

is there a me.mercanary.buffs? or similar?

Nope. Mercenaries are not like pets, so I don't think a TLO can be created for them. Think of a Mercenary as a group member that's played by the server. The only thing that I know of that links a mercenary to a real character is the Owner member of the Spawn TLO.

Yep. Twice today while working on trying to integrate DanNet into kiss my shaman would go link dead. Unloaded DanNet and ran for hours and no link dead. Not sure what is causing the problem, but it is hit and miss. Could be something causing the issue only when DanNet is loaded.. No crash file or anything.

Could there be a setting in DanNet somewhere that is causing it?

For that matter, if I'm using eqbcs, do I even need dannet? I don't remember ever actually making the switch from eqbc to Dannet but for some reason the plugin is loaded.

Has this been found to not play well with other plugins?

I was testing out Core, which of course needed this on.

Next gaming session I had some lag. To illustrate while my system is old, I have had 18 toons up before hitting lag. I am regularly using 9 right now with midrange video settings. When I tried to log in I got to 5 toons and the cursor had a 3 second delay to move. I spent some time reviewing my PC and game settings, dropping everything to minimum... before checking plugins. After I unloaded this one, the lag went away.

Wanted to post to find out if there was a plugin combo I ought to avoid while testing this

Is there documentation on the TLO member fields?
I am just wondering what attributes that I can query for.
I feel like I have seen this before but I can not find it now.

@Sicprofundus Maybe I am not understanding something.
If I run this command
/echo ${Me.Name} ${Me.Level} ${Me.PctExp} ${Zone.ID} ${Zone.Name} ${Me.LastZoned}

It gives me values, but I do not see LastZoned, or PctExp in that link

For example, I want to be able to call ${Zone.Who} to get a list of all people in the zone? or ${Zone.Corpses} to find who has a corpse in this zone.
But I don't know if either of those is possible because I do not see which fields are queryable? And I am wondering if that is documented. Or maybe I am miss-reading this list and it is giving me what I want.

@Sicprofundus Maybe I am not understanding something.
If I run this command
/echo ${Me.Name} ${Me.Level} ${Me.PctExp} ${Zone.ID} ${Zone.Name} ${Me.LastZoned}

It gives me values, but I do not see LastZoned, or PctExp in that link

For example, I want to be able to call ${Zone.Who} to get a list of all people in the zone? or ${Zone.Corpses} to find who has a corpse in this zone.
But I don't know if either of those is possible because I do not see which fields are queryable? And I am wondering if that is documented. Or maybe I am miss-reading this list and it is giving me what I want.

not dannet related, but all those echo fine.

Is there documentation on the TLO member fields?
I am just wondering what attributes that I can query for.
I feel like I have seen this before but I can not find it now.

I "think" this may be what your looking for MQ2 TLO's Wiki
Its not always up to date for newest members of the TLO's, looking through the MQ2 Code is the best place for that.

@ctaylor22 @Warl0ck45 Do you guys normally start MQ before launching EQ or inject into it after its running? I always start MQ before EQ and dont see any issues but I forgot to load MQ one day and started it after EQ was running and I got real choppy laggy performace before all my chars went LD, restarted everything like I normally do and everything was fine....I unloaded MQ and refreshed injections and again laggy till I DC'd, wondering if injecting into a running EQ session is a common cause here? Guess your answers will determine that

I have MQ running and use the MQ2Login to load EQ.

But I am also using an older system, and may be bumping against the limits finally.

1565741685374.png

MQ2DanNet is a dream compared to all the problems and bad responsivness of EQBC with more than 2 PCs and a combination of Win10 and Win7. No double click anymore because the network does not react instantly. No wrong "Login_"-names in front of the toons when all join a group at once. I waited so long for this. Thanks.

Now the first issues:

/dgr
/dgrexecute

These two should do the same thing?

/dgr sends commands to all (like /dgra should do)
/dgrexecute sends to all but me

Or do I miss the shortcut for /dgrexecute somehow?

@dannuic Hey man, again thanks for this great plugin which expanded many ways to achieve fancy control..

Somehow I have a suggestion concerning on VPN using circumstance.

For example, When I run VPN when I play EQ( we need VPN at night here otherwise lag a lot), so WITH vpn (windows 10) , dannet interface always shows like this:

interace 0: VPN
interface 1: 127.0.0.1 aka Local Machine
interface 2: 192.168.1.2 aka Typical LAN
as long as I choose interface 2, Dannet work flawlessly.

Somehow I do play EQ WITHOUT vpn sometimes (normally daytime here), the interface will be like this:

interface 0: 192.168.1.2 aka Typical LAN

I need change the interface to 0, then unload/reload the plugin per client (which I usually box 20ish up to 54..) which is a pain in ass..

So could you edit the default interface setting a bit (like change the order), like always put LAN in #0, and add any new discovered net structure (VPN) to the end, as the following:

interface 0: 192.168.1.2 aka Typical LAN
interface 2: NEW VPN HERE

So that according to the default setting, we always using interface 0 which will always work for any situation. That could be a big saver for those heavy boxers.

Thanks for reading sir!
Bests
KA

I dunno if this is too much, but I also really wanna a MeleeDps channel =) which have many application scenario. Could you kindly consider to add that please?
Thanks
KA

Hey all, has anyone else got an error when trying to load mq2dannet saying to recompile because mq2dannet is out of date with respect to mq2main? i tried redownloading the mq2dannet file from red guides page and replaced the old mq2dannet file with the latest but its still giving me the same error? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I also updated VV and the tried to replace the file again like I did in the first step.

Plugin - MQ2DanNet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back