• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - MQ2Cleric or IHC for heals (1 Viewer)

lot of very viable options for clerics.

kiss, muleassist, ihc, mq2cleric, mq2heals, core/entropy, modbot - all very competent and capable of doing all the content

obviously mq2cleric and ihc have less "granular" adjustability - but they are designed to "do cleric stuff" out of the box, with minimal setup so you can go and play the game and not worry about having to set a bunch of stuff up

It really likely comes down to personal preference and familiarity.

I'm biased towards mq2cleric for obvious reasons, but ihc is very capable and has a dedicated team working on it

I think mq2cleric and IHC are both good "minimal" configuration options. Each may have some design choices the other doesn't have.

KA/MA are great for more flexibility but ease of setup. If you start not liking the way mq2cleric or IHC play the cleric, this gives you an option.

Entropy and Modbot are great for a super powerful number of levers you can use to setup a character.

I use Mq2Cleric and IHC interchangeably. If I'm going to be doing some stuff manually or MGBing, etc, I go with IHC because I like being able to pause the program.
just fyi - all the cwtn plugins can be pause with a "/clr pause on" which stops all the plugin from doing anything (other than telling you you're paused if you try and issue it a command)

I love the simplicity of CWTN's plugins, and mq2cleric is phenomenal, though I do notice that it will sometimes ignore my dps mercs for multiple pulls. I assume this is user error, and not a problem with the plugin, so take that for what it is. However, on "heavier" content, Sic's KA .ini for the cleric is friggin' (am I allowed to say that?) - I mostly run KA with his .ini, but will sometimes just hit the /load mq2cleric hotbutton so I don't have to think about it!

just fyi - all the cwtn plugins can be pause with a "/clr pause on" which stops all the plugin from doing anything (other than telling you you're paused if you try and issue it a command)

I'm going to nitpick, because I'm just that way. Sic's 99.9% correct. BUT, the plug in(s) are class specific: /clr pause on, /bst pause on, /war pause on, etc. So the command isn't the same across ALL plug ins. (Sorry, Sic, please don't hate me!!)

I love the simplicity of CWTN's plugins, and mq2cleric is phenomenal, though I do notice that it will sometimes ignore my dps mercs for multiple pulls. I assume this is user error, and not a problem with the plugin, so take that for what it is. However, on "heavier" content, Sic's KA .ini for the cleric is friggin' (am I allowed to say that?) - I mostly run KA with his .ini, but will sometimes just hit the /load mq2cleric hotbutton so I don't have to think about it!

I'm going to nitpick, because I'm just that way. Sic's 99.9% correct. BUT, the plug in(s) are class specific: /clr pause on, /bst pause on, /war pause on, etc. So the command isn't the same across ALL plug ins. (Sorry, Sic, please don't hate me!!)
Well. This context was mq2cleric and i did put it in quotes. You even used the context clues to discern that the command i listed WAS specific to mq2cleric, so :p

Absolutely! You DID provide enough context to make it make sense, but I'm dense enough that since you said "all CWTN's.." I would have seen the command and tried it on the wrong toon, only have to CWTN's plugin tell me I'm not a cleric! :)

Question - MQ2Cleric or IHC for heals

Users who are viewing this thread

Back