• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - MQ2Cast and Fizzles (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,936¢
I've been trying to use some macros utilizing MQ2Cast, just the standard /casting "Spell" ones. When I use /casting "spell" -maxtries|5 this works for re-casting if I force an interrupt, but not for fizzles. I've tried restarting Mq2 and the Pc with no luck at getting it to recast on fizzles. Is there something I am missing as to why these aren't recasting? -maxtries|5 has always seemed to work before so scratching my head why all of a sudden on Rizlona it will not.

So not exactly a help to this specific issue:

For what it's worth we ended up tossing out mq2cast for various reasons in IHC and going with a set of macro functions with events to provide our cast status. This was the approach taken by KA, MuleAssist, and Entropy due to reliability issues with mq2cast. There's been some reluctance I think on the plugin side to update it given much of what it can do is easily done in a macro now with the addition of the /cast function to the game.

So not exactly a help to this specific issue:

For what it's worth we ended up tossing out mq2cast for various reasons in IHC and going with a set of macro functions with events to provide our cast status. This was the approach taken by KA, MuleAssist, and Entropy due to reliability issues with mq2cast. There's been some reluctance I think on the plugin side to update it given much of what it can do is easily done in a macro now with the addition of the /cast function to the game.
So, best option is really to just use a macro then if I'm reading correctly? Would you have any good suggestions on ones to use for Rizlona, or just base KA? Right now I basically just use a "hub" toon and distribute everything via /tar ID /stick etc

It's weird to me that it will autorecast on Interrupt but not fizzle, and I've seen it work OK on Emu still (but guess that's a fixed exe, so easier)

So, best option is really to just use a macro then if I'm reading correctly? Would you have any good suggestions on ones to use for Rizlona, or just base KA? Right now I basically just use a "hub" toon and distribute everything via /tar ID /stick etc

It's weird to me that it will autorecast on Interrupt but not fizzle, and I've seen it work OK on Emu still (but guess that's a fixed exe, so easier)

It appears folks are having success with IHC on Riz. I've not tested it but in theory a number of the casting classes should work fine at low levels. This is pretty minimal config, especially at low levels.

The CWTN plugins should all work fine.

I generally use KissAssist/MuleAssist for my puller tanks.

Entropy will work as well but may take a bit of acclimation and a bit of time to setup.

Problem - MQ2Cast and Fizzles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back