• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2AutoLogin

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin (2 Viewers)

I don’t need you to come up with solutions. That’s my job. You see some changed that you depended on and you’re vocal about it. That’s your job. just need to make sure I understand the situation clearly before I propose an answer.

I think I do at this point, does the solution sound reasonable?
When you said "I need a solution" I misunderstood that as "Provide me options". Sorry.
If your solution is "ctrl + left click" in the context menu, i think that'd be fine from the profile context menu yes and get us back where we were.

I think the reason it's confusing is:
How often do you load: SHD, BRD, CLR, SHM, CLR, BRD?

Chances are most of the time you're loading:
SHD, BRD, CLR, BER, BER, RNG
SHD, BRD, SHM, MAG, MAG, MAG
(etc)

So you end up with something like 4 or 5 profile groups where you had one before that you were doing a lot of clicking on and instead of:
uncheck clr
uncheck ber
uncheck ber
uncheck ber
click shm
click mag
click mag
click mag
click load all on "Errybody" profile group

it's:
click load all on "SK/SHM/MAGs" profile group

But to brainiac's point, what he wants to know is if the solution he posed (using control to deselect and select) sounds reasonable.
Would be suprized what I load and how often I change group sets. I would have to create probably close to 10 just for that 1 groupset.

I am not sure I completly understand what his solution is but if what I believe it is .. seems like may work. :)

I feel as I was very quickly dismissed, and there's a host of others posting similar things with difficulty and removal of quick-access functions.

Yes, the new window looks super clean. I love the modernization of it, but losing functionality is a step backwards. At some point Very Vanilla becomes Very Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough with Sprinkles. It's obviously an improvement, but more-bells-and-whistles while taking longer to accomplish the original goal of eating your bowl of ice cream just doesn't feel as if it was the original intent.

I, like others quoted above, have different teams that I work with. Some of those groups share a character or two. My primary team, my box raiding team, my "go farm something" team can all be different, and loading that team's folder (now out of order due to the alphabetization of it all, which has been said can be rearranged) means having a shared character go linkdead and come back. While not the end of the world, does add a longer reprocessing time than it once had. I would actively enable/disable a character in a login group based on whom was already logged in, and then load the characters for that team that I needed on. This process now takes twice as long.

Not having warning that this was happening, with no documentation to help guide folks like we had when moving from MQ2 to MQN, felt as if this whole change was rather abrupt and maybe not planned well.

This isn't a dig on you @brainiac or any other staff member of Redguides. I love you all. I'm attempting to provide feedback here on a radical change that is hard to find why it was done in the first place.

I'd like to address this head on

For the longest time we've wanted to do some great things with the loader, especially with autologin, but theres always been a huge issue with the existing implementation - the system was designed in such a horrific, disasterous manner, that it was virtually impossible to change or improve. Quite literally, the whole thing had to be replaced.

What you're looking at is the culmination of a huge amount of effort put in by dannuic (primarily) and the rest of the team (a little bit) to jettison the garbage code that we couldn't maintain and replace it with something new.

Out of this, we get the following:
- Much easier to work with UI system that gives us a lot more flexibility to do the things we want. (not just autologin)
- sqlite backed data storage that is extensible and provides us with many more options for what we can store
- Now we can store character information separate from profiles, allowing you to basically autocomplete all your information.
- Heck, if you log into an account, it'll rememer your account for you, along with the characters it sees, to make things even easier
- Better ability to code around actors and being able to track which characters you have loggedin <-- this is bugged right now, and we're working on it. Its affecting a few things. We put in the "logged in" indicators last night so we could "see" the issue. We'll continue working on it.

What this means:
- We've already fixed half a dozen issues that came up since the initial release yesterday.
- We didn't purposefully remove features just because we could.
- We're actively working on responding to feedback and making improvements.
- We're not ignoring feedback and complaints. We just can't respond to every concern instantly and individually.

I'd like to address this head on

For the longest time we've wanted to do some great things with the loader, especially with autologin, but theres always been a huge issue with the existing implementation - the system was designed in such a horrific, disasterous manner, that it was virtually impossible to change or improve. Quite literally, the whole thing had to be replaced.

What you're looking at is the culmination of a huge amount of effort put in by dannuic (primarily) and the rest of the team (a little bit) to jettison the garbage code that we couldn't maintain and replace it with something new.

Out of this, we get the following:
- Much easier to work with UI system that gives us a lot more flexibility to do the things we want. (not just autologin)
- sqlite backed data storage that is extensible and provides us with many more options for what we can store
- Now we can store character information separate from profiles, allowing you to basically autocomplete all your information.
- Heck, if you log into an account, it'll rememer your account for you, along with the characters it sees, to make things even easier
- Better ability to code around actors and being able to track which characters you have loggedin <-- this is bugged right now, and we're working on it. Its affecting a few things. We put in the "logged in" indicators last night so we could "see" the issue. We'll continue working on it.

What this means:
- We've already fixed half a dozen issues that came up since the initial release yesterday.
- We didn't purposefully remove features just because we could.
- We're actively working on responding to feedback and making improvements.
- We're not ignoring feedback and complaints. We just can't respond to every concern instantly and individually.
I have MQ on 6 computers and use autologin to log into 81 accounts. The new autologin has worked on 77 of them (4 are mules and I have not tried). This is without doing anything to them. It is different and was annoying at first, but that is only because I do not like new systems. I still have a few things to figure out but will get to that eventually. But, overall, it has been great. I really appreciate all the work everyone has put into the new system.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but none of my characters are using the auto login feature correctly, it's trying to load my main account under a completely different account. What's going on? And I've noticed too, that my GPU is spooling it's fans a TON more sine the last MQ update as well.

Edit: I deleted and tried to re-add all my accounts under the new config tool in the MQ launcher, and now it's not recognizing any of them...

You probably had the exe running while doing the update.
Reboot and update redguide.
I posted that earlier as i bumped in the seamingly same problem.

INI:
updated red guides but probably macroquest.exe (it is renamed to some obscure name like gdytggfgg.exe), was running and did not get updated.
Then behavior was not consistent.

I could fix my problem by rebooting to make sure the exe was not running, reinstalling redguide.
Then:
Under AutoLogin click on Open Config. Get a pop-up.

In the pop-up goto Settings. Tic "Load Legacy Config Next Load" or click "Load Legacy Config".
In summary, if you don’t know if macroquest.exe was updated or not.
Reboot, reinstall redguides, and load legacy config.
The menu which appears when right clicking on the macroquest icon in the task bar is supposed to be quite different than the old one.

Last edited:
We are considering calling these check boxes/checkmarks “favorites” with stars instead of checks.

Instead of right clicking a right click menu to create a context menu on a context menu, something like ctrl+click would toggle favorite on an item. That’s even less clicks than before. Thoughts?

This worked GREAT !!!

Thank you !!!

One more positive. I love that there is now an option to customize delay between character loading. Was hoping for this a long time ago. My potato boxes thank you!

It looks like the new architecture for MQ2AutoLogin allows much quicker addition of new features as well.

This isn't a dig on you @brainiac or any other staff member of Redguides. I love you all. I'm attempting to provide feedback here on a radical change that is hard to find why it was done in the first place.
keep in mind, this is an MQ change, so it isn't about redguides or have anything to do with redguides - this is MQ as a whole, and the MQ devs being the folks who are making those changes - Very Vanilla is still Very Vanilly, it isn't chocolate starfish and the hotdog flavored compile :p

I have been trying to get into this since it was patched. I have deleted and reinstalled MQ and EQ. Tried many attempts. Im sure it is something I am missing but I cant get toons to log in at all. Is there a walkthrough or video for a fresh install?

I have been trying to get into this since it was patched. I have deleted and reinstalled MQ and EQ. Tried many attempts. Im sure it is something I am missing but I cant get toons to log in at all. Is there a walkthrough or video for a fresh install?

No, the videos haven't been updated yet.

I fixed some bugs, make sure you're on the latest release, and then do these steps:

1. Click MQ icon
2. Go to AutoLogin -> Settings
3. Click Load Legacy Config

This will re-import your autologin profiles, hopefully this time correctly (again, because bugs were fixed)

Love the changes to AutoLogin. Not sure what all is new, but I previously used ISBoxer for hotkeys to switch between character windows and use unique eqclient.ini files, and this works just as well. Only improvement I'd love to see is the ability to add a shortcut on my taskbar for Launch Group.

Where is it getting stuck at?
I have uninstalled and reinstalled accounts, characters, profiles and started over several times. I enter in account info and this is where I think Im getting hung up. I enter the path to EQ (and eqexe) once I have the info entered there is a play button and when I hit it nothing happens

ok so today i go to autologin wich was working ok yesterday... today its trying to log in toons on wrong accounts its missing passwords gets stuck on there is a toon logged in but there is no such toon logged in restart pc try to fix issues and wham back at square 1 what is the best way to just delete the stuff i have and start fresh .. I am uber frustrated i have 4 pc's and over 100 logins

I have uninstalled and reinstalled accounts, characters, profiles and started over several times. I enter in account info and this is where I think Im getting hung up. I enter the path to EQ (and eqexe) once I have the info entered there is a play button and when I hit it nothing happens

Right click an account, click on the pencil icon for "EQ install", "Edit EQ Install" should pop up. What do you see?

ok so looking down my list i now have 4 toons under the same login that was never the case i was just able to log this toon in now it has zero password and is under another account name

Ok it is now "C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest" I put in a toon and tried the play button, nothing yet
right click the mq icon in the system track -> advanced -> toggle debug console

restart mq.

launch profile. Look at debug console, do you see any error messages?

We've been trying to figure out how to reproduce this so we can fix it. When this happens does the power button show the character logged in (green)?
For me the power button is not lit for the characters that hotkeys switching isn't working. Even logging those chars out and back in to get a green power light does not allow the hotkey to switch to that window. It also appears random to me which chars are affected. With multiple log ins I've experienced 0, 1, 2 and 3 char not working (only 4 accounts). I have also not been able to determine a correlation between log-on order an active hotkey switching or power button illumination.

We've been trying to figure out how to reproduce this so we can fix it. When this happens does the power button show the character logged in (green)?

Thanks for answering Knightly!

It does not. Any character who is missing the keybind also happens to be missing his power button.

1708724090249.jpeg

Hey I keep trying to start my enchanter but it launches my druid account. The information looks correct on the enchanter account which is different from druids. But it still starts the druid, tried restarting RG did not help. Any chance you guys know whats up?? Thanks

Now can someone teach me how to get the encrypt thing back? I hit escape when it first popped and never got to put in a password to encrypt shit.

I saw a setting in the new launcher that possibly allows different eqclient.ini for each account now as well, very happy about that.... but haven't had a chance to test it yet.

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back