• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - MQ unloaded after zoning (TLS Server) - Solved: MQ not supported on truebox (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrimeCl0ver

RedCents
10¢
Every time I zone on the newest TLS server MQ unloads, and I can simply refresh injections and it comes back. I have tested this on three machines, one is an existing gaming rig, the second is a laptop with a fresh install of Win 11, and the third is a laptop with Windows 10 used for testing all devices do this.

I search the forums and am not seeing this, while I believe I may not be looking for the correct key words.

Thoughts?

Solution
That is correct.

MQ doesn't work on Truebox servers

MQ is not supported and does not work on Truebox servers. DarkPaw Games doesn't want multi-boxers, and we don't want to upset the official devs.

Other tools such as MySEQ and IonBC are available for truebox servers.

Trying to circumvent MQ usage on truebox servers has the potential for not allowing MQ to protect you from DBG and yourself.

Not sure what you were searching for, but truebox returns back a few results of the same thing

1655748763316.png
That is correct.

MQ doesn't work on Truebox servers

MQ is not supported and does not work on Truebox servers. DarkPaw Games doesn't want multi-boxers, and we don't want to upset the official devs.

Other tools such as MySEQ and IonBC are available for truebox servers.

Trying to circumvent MQ usage on truebox servers has the potential for not allowing MQ to protect you from DBG and yourself.

Not sure what you were searching for, but truebox returns back a few results of the same thing

1655748763316.png

Solution
I am not new to RG. In fact I ran a box group for a few years and have used the software to max out EVERY tradeskill except poison making on one toon or another. I just came back after a two year sabbatical and decided to get into some tradeskills on at TLP server. I can't get the software to run!

Red Guides loads and I have followed the video guides along with the walk through. Please note, though I have used MicroQuest before this is a clean installation on this machine.

1. I run Read Guides, I select the "Very Vanilla" menu option and click on "Launch MQ."
2. I have, per the video, confirmed the MicroQuest Directory setting is pointed to the right directory.
3. I start EQ and at the server select screen I have this window
ServerSelect.gif
4. At the toon selection screen I see a blank MQ window and the MacroQuest Recent Changes window. At this point I can type commands such as /mac "MacroName" and it will give me the help messages for running macros.
5. When I select the toon however it longs into the world and the MQ window is missing. I can type the same /mac command in any of the windows and get the "that is not a valid command" message.

I can only assume I have loaded something incorrectly or simply missing a step, either situation is highly probable, but from this brief description any thoughts? Again, I'm on a TLP server and unless I have missed something the software should work.

Now one curious thing is when I click on "Launch MQ" the MQ icon does not appear on the taskbar. Not sure if that is an issue as the MQ window shows up on the player select screen but I know it used to add an icon to the taskbar.

I appreciate any help that can be provided.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not a true box or at least it is not advertised as a true box. Never mind, I had played on Aradune at one time and it says "True Box". The server I'm on does NOT say true box but I just looked it up and it is a True Box ruleset. Damn I just wanted the tradeskills macro. Not only am I going to have to sit and click buttons but I wasted $25. Oh well, Redguides has been good to me in the past so I'll just think of it as "giving something" back :).

Question - MQ unloaded after zoning (TLS Server) - Solved: MQ not supported on truebox
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back