• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - MQ .Exe random name and/or virus detection (obfuscation) (1 Viewer)

Myysterio

Myysterio
RedCents
1,311¢
I have been using RG for like 2 years now and today I got this warning for the first time. Just checking to see if its expected. It popped up when I launched MQ.

1652529089580.png

Solution
It's masking the exe in memory with a new name every load. Approve it and move on.

Mod edit: it is worth considering whitelisting your mq and EverQuest folders from things like scans and syncing. Help mq help you.

Hello folks been using this software for yeas off and on. Recently updated as normal for all MQ2 related plugins and stuff. Went to launch the game on Friday and when i did so i got all 6 of my 12 toons i play logged in. They successful logged in and were in guild hall and were grouped by autogroup plugin. All of a sudden all six of them crashed to desktop. I've never had this happen then all of a sudden Malwarebytes popped up a notice saying Ransome wear detected. And when i looed in my quarantined folder saw this show up. Also for some reason when i log in every time i have to reset all my MQ2 window placement for Lua windows like MQ2Nav CWTN ect. Any way to forice MQ2 to save the placement?
i merged your question into the existing thread for this situation.

that random string is your obfuscated .exe

please read the rest of this discussion for context and understanding

Ok foolks thank you for all the info. I tested the issue after the post and ran it with just turning off Malwarebytes and everything just rain fine. So i'm just going in to the program and making that exclusion. Thanks again.

Question - MQ .Exe random name and/or virus detection (obfuscation)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back