• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • EverQuest (live servers) were patched today and MacroQuest developers are putting in time for their own update. Please show them your appreciation. Per brainiac, ETA is 11pm EST

IRL - Moving Setup to Laptop (1 Viewer)

eqranger24

RedCents
91¢
Anyone have any tips to move all your information and settings to a new laptop? I finally got a nice laptop and would like to be able to use the same set up that I have put so much time into on my desktop to my laptop. Like all the saved macros and groups and hotbuttons. Tried to search it and to get everything right again could take hours for me. Anything to help me cut the time down?

I would recommend you zip all the things you want on the laptop with win war or 7zip and put it in either a good drive or one drive. You can then take it and install it on the new computer and put it in your EQ folder. Or MQ folder. So I would zip those character UI files as well for the hotkey setup's.

Anyone have any tips to move all your information and settings to a new laptop? I finally got a nice laptop and would like to be able to use the same set up that I have put so much time into on my desktop to my laptop. Like all the saved macros and groups and hotbuttons. Tried to search it and to get everything right again could take hours for me. Anything to help me cut the time down?
you can literally just move over your entire mq/mq2 folder then point your VV launcher to wherever you place it.

the only thing you need to do is the export then import your autologin profile
1631771565699.png

IRL - Moving Setup to Laptop

Users who are viewing this thread

Back