• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Most badass off the shelf PC for EQ at the moment in your opinion (1 Viewer)

surfdog21

Seasoned veteran member
RedCents
1,004¢
Not looking to build another at the moment, just looking to spend upwards of 2k on something off the shelf that I can plug n play about 18 toons. Anyone impressed with anything out there atm?

I’ve always liked the gaming rigs from ibuypower PC. I’ve purchased 3 in a row from them over the years.

You can probably get away with spending only half of that budget- just get something with at least 24gb ram and a current gen video card. I start regretting life around 16 characters, and thats with only 16gb ram. if I had 32gb, I wouldnt worry with even 18.

edit: thats not even lag at that point btw, its just pandora sound quality when the ram starts hitting about 80%

Check ebay. You can find some great deals. I box 32 with an older 4790k so you dont need something newish to box 18.

I just recently built an AMD 2700x system with 64 GBs of ram and while it can easily box 54+ toons it cost over $2k to build the ram alone was $800.

Also when looking don't worry so much about the video card if you're only playing EQ. AMD 580 can handle just as many toons as my 1080ti for half the cost.

Last edited:
Discussion - Most badass off the shelf PC for EQ at the moment in your opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back