• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Monk Question (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,013¢
Morning RG'ers!

Way back when I played in a former life (when we had to walk up hill both ways to Orc Hill through three feet of lag)... Monks were very sensitive to weight (I used to love to /split 10000 copper). Is the same true? Is there a threshold (20 wt or some such nonsense) where they need to stay under to be effective for dps/ac?

Cheers

nah they took the weight and ac thing away, or at least isn't a thing in "current" game

I recently made a new monk and noticed the limit was still in effect at level 10 being over 17 stones caused massive AC loss. This link has an older table https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Monk#Weight_limits

My guess is the weight thing is a non issue at 100+ due to Packrat lowering all the items weight + the abundence of low weight 100% reduce bags and the general low weight of leather.

Packrat (11)70 SoD3 / 33-1: Decrease Weight by 33%
This passive ability reduces the weight of your inventory by 33%.

I recently made a new monk and noticed the limit was still in effect at level 10 being over 17 stones caused massive AC loss. This link has an older table https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Monk#Weight_limits

My guess is the weight thing is a non issue at 100+ due to Packrat lowering all the items weight + the abundence of low weight 100% reduce bags and the general low weight of leather.

Packrat (11)70 SoD3 / 33-1: Decrease Weight by 33%
This passive ability reduces the weight of your inventory by 33%.
was this on a tlp server or a live server?

hrm

– Get weight reduction bags ASAP. Monks take an AC penalty starting at 14 weight at level 1. This limit scales to 28 weight at level 70.

maybe it just has a super low cap?

Thanks fellas.
I did a little experimenting at the POK bank... my monk is level 16, with 159 strength. ymmv
Stones AC
<15 186
16 185
17 183
18 181
19 179
20 177
21 175

Edited: I'm on live too.

yeah after some digging looks like stops after lvl 70

Where did you see that?

I just did a live test on my 120 Monk by picking up a Worker Sledgemallet and he still seems to take the AC hit.

6634 AC @ 14 Stone
6576 AC @ 64 Stone

for a loss of 58 AC due to weight.

But, at this point, it would never really matter since the 100% weight reduction bags and zero weight plat. :shrug:

Where did you see that?

I just did a live test on my 120 Monk by picking up a Worker Sledgemallet and he still seems to take the AC hit.

6634 AC @ 14 Stone
6576 AC @ 64 Stone

for a loss of 58 AC due to weight.

But, at this point, it would never really matter since the 100% weight reduction bags and zero weight plat. :shrug:
dunno, reddit, old forums, eq forums, all the stuff i found, it stops increasing in reduction at lvl 70, the small reduction is still there, but it is minor

Back in my day *shakes cane in air* I used to run around dropping copper on the ground when people in the group refused to turn /split off. I even asked for no coin myself and instead I'd take a few gems and put them in my Large Soiled Bag that I got camping LDC's (Guano Harvester) in SolB.

Question - Monk Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back