• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Monk 1H vs 2H for DPS (1 Viewer)

1-2) Weapons

Get the best weapons you can manage. Initially this will probably be the ones you buy with Tranquility points in the Plane of Health. Aug them with the best damage increasing augs you can find. I recommend both a one-handed setup and two-handed setup, but if you can only do one, prioritize the two-handed.

reference : The Ultimate Monk Guide (eqfreelance.net)

1-2) Weapons

Get the best weapons you can manage. Initially this will probably be the ones you buy with Tranquility points in the Plane of Health. Aug them with the best damage increasing augs you can find. I recommend both a one-handed setup and two-handed setup, but if you can only do one, prioritize the two-handed.

reference : The Ultimate Monk Guide (eqfreelance.net)

Good info there, thank you. But, that wasn't my question. I am asking very specifically about Ice Encrusted dual wield vs. Velium Threaded 2HB.

I would say both, if you use MQ2Monk, both Duald Wield and 2Hander will be used , taking advantage of a buff that proc, the plugin will switch between bandolier to take advantage of that buff while it lasts.

From MQ2Monk Overview page:
Fists of Steel & BandoSwap?!
We created a function that will have you swap to 1hb/h2h until Fists of Fury procs, and then back to your 2hb. Some want this; some will not. Currently, reports are saying the benefit isn't that strong at current end game AND I can confirm, the proc can actually proc using only 2hb autoattack. If they fix this in the future OR you want to use it anyway you can /monk usebandoswap on

I would say both, if you use MQ2Monk, both Duald Wield and 2Hander will be used , taking advantage of a buff that proc, the plugin will switch between bandolier to take advantage of that buff while it lasts.

From MQ2Monk Overview page:
Fists of Steel & BandoSwap?!
We created a function that will have you swap to 1hb/h2h until Fists of Fury procs, and then back to your 2hb. Some want this; some will not. Currently, reports are saying the benefit isn't that strong at current end game AND I can confirm, the proc can actually proc using only 2hb autoattack. If they fix this in the future OR you want to use it anyway you can /monk usebandoswap on

I thought Sic said this was pretty much pointless and will not net you any more DPS? The tooltip on the button even says its "broken".

All of our raiding monks use 2hb.

Raiding monks and zerkers (worth their salt) all do 2HB because with proper group setup they’re at max critical hit bonuses and almost always have some sort of Hundred Hands effects going. With those advantages the big damage weapon always wins. In a normal group that doesn’t have that kind of support the ratio of the weapons matters more and sometimes ... sometimes (for emphasis) other options are better.

Question - Monk 1H vs 2H for DPS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back