• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Missing Text (1 Viewer)

RedCents
Two of my accounts lose text from all of the windows when MQ2 is loaded. Chat, quest, macros and even my options tabs. If I unload MQ2 all the text comes back. Anyone know of a way to fix this issue? Thanks in advance.

Two of my accounts lose text from all of the windows when MQ2 is loaded. Chat, quest, macros and even my options tabs. If I unload MQ2 all the text comes back. Anyone know of a way to fix this issue? Thanks in advance.
Make sure your map isn’t open. I’d have this sometimes too and realized it was from too many characters on the screen. Right when I’d close my map all the chats would come back.

Make sure your map isn’t open. I’d have this sometimes too and realized it was from too many characters on the screen. Right when I’d close my map all the chats would come back.

I have always wondered why is it that when the map is open you lose your text in other windows. Seems strange.

The EQ client has a hard limit as the number of "things" that the UI can render. Map markers, item icons, text, etc all play into that. Without MQ2, you normally will never reach that cap, but with all the extra stuff that MQ2 can display, you often hit it. There's nothing to be done other than closing some windows to stay under the cap.

Problem - Missing Text

Users who are viewing this thread

Back