• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Missing, in action? from action? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,666¢
Hi All

I feel like I have been missing for a while.

That is to say, it has been some time since I updated code and pushed to the VeryVanilla gitlab with merge requests.
I have also noted, even though I will check these forums from time to time, I havent written anything in a while either.

I havent got a lucid take on it all, but felt I should write something, so here I am.

The best word that comes to mind is contradiction.
This is in as much as having a feeling, that is poles apart from itself.

Is there some satisfaction doing things with EQ, MQ2, writing the codes and being involved in the community? Yes.
Then there is a lack of drive, of enthusiasm, of interest to load up EQ. Run with MQ2 and kissassist. Or poke around Next. Or to launch Vis Studio, to just do stuff. It makes no sense. It contradicts.

A term some of you may or may not be familiar with. Think of a car, and its transmission. i feel, like I have a box of neutrals.

I started by saying, i have been missing. Well, i havent gone anywhere.
Still around, lurking, seeing the forums or the discord from time to time.
Perhaps missing is the wrong word.
One thing for sure, I dont understand it.

More than anything right now, I felt drawn that I should write something, to say - "hello", "still here" - and have done that.

Regards and Best Wishes

Speaking from personal experience, your note there reads like somebody dealing with depression. But, I'm not qualified to say that's the case.

I hope you find something to get excited about again. In the meantime, nothing wrong with taking some time to do some reflection.

also here's a cute kitten.

Attachments

• 1440.jpg
    1440.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 1
It's summer time, suns out, lots of stuff opening back up, etc. It's a normal time to find a little less computer time enthusiasm.

One of the best things about EQ, is it is always here, ready and waiting.

Glad you're around Dorf. Be well.

More than anything right now, I felt drawn that I should write something, to say - "hello", "still here" - and have done that.

Regards and Best Wishes

Yeah man this isn't such a strange thing as you might think.. I get this almost every year.. I need to take a multi-month break from EQ.. just get worn out on the grind, need a break.. This last time I took a year and a half off, just cuz thats what I needed.. and when I came back, I felt refreshed, and wanted to play again.. simple as that.. like Sic said, EQ is here for you when you're ready to return.. No rush, you come back when you are ready..

Nice to stay in contact with the fine peeps here at RG though!!

Cheers,
LorDeth

Go fishing, swimming, walking. take time to just be YOU. this game wont go anywhere it will be here and so will we.

take time to enjoy other parts of life, that will bring the enjoyment of this part of life back

Hi All

I feel like I have been missing for a while.

That is to say, it has been some time since I updated code and pushed to the VeryVanilla gitlab with merge requests.
I have also noted, even though I will check these forums from time to time, I havent written anything in a while either.

I havent got a lucid take on it all, but felt I should write something, so here I am.

The best word that comes to mind is contradiction.
This is in as much as having a feeling, that is poles apart from itself.

Is there some satisfaction doing things with EQ, MQ2, writing the codes and being involved in the community? Yes.
Then there is a lack of drive, of enthusiasm, of interest to load up EQ. Run with MQ2 and kissassist. Or poke around Next. Or to launch Vis Studio, to just do stuff. It makes no sense. It contradicts.

A term some of you may or may not be familiar with. Think of a car, and its transmission. i feel, like I have a box of neutrals.

I started by saying, i have been missing. Well, i havent gone anywhere.
Still around, lurking, seeing the forums or the discord from time to time.
Perhaps missing is the wrong word.
One thing for sure, I dont understand it.

Regards and Best Wishes
You have become better at lurking (01)!
Glad to hear you're well your dorfiness.

IRL - Missing, in action? from action?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back