• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Mischief TLP (1 Viewer)

RedCents
3,548¢
So I know these new servers are not for everyone. But I am interested in jumping in on another TLP and the timing on this one is good. Plus with the randomness it should keep things interesting and lively.

The question! For those that are going to create a toon on Mischief - what toon are you opening up with and why?

Last edited:
Going create my Monk and hopefully get my name reserved. Only toon I have actually enjoyed since 99'. I would love to play a Bard and learn to be good...

I was thinking chanter myself. If I don't go chanter I will go someone very solo friendly like mage, necro, druid. Between my groups, my P99 time, and now this I won't be going all out. But I definitely want to check it out for myself.

arent yall concerned with the "absolutely no automation and no afk play tolerated? all accounts associated will be banned permanently"

Yall worried that it might bring them down harder on those of us that play on the servers where its, while not allowed, isnt strickly hunted down and banned constantly

I have no intention of using MQ2 or any variant while playing there. I am not discussing, nor attempting to discuss any way to circumvent or ignore the rule set for the server. When I play there I will not even have my MQ2 client loaded. Just like when I play on the P99 servers. I enjoy playing EQ in many of it's variants and I would not want to bring any bad attention to this outstanding community with careless play.

There is a time to run 18 accounts at once. And there is a time not to :cool:

**edit** Sorry If I came across like a d*&k there. But I do not want to bring any bad press to the responsible players in our community that do not AFK play, perma-hold-camps and names, and the other things that give us a bad name. I only use these tools on servers where it has classically been "tolerated". Without them, my EQ would have ended a long time ago due to my odd hours. With them, I am 22 years strong in the game.

Last edited:
I have no intention of using MQ2 or any variant while playing there. I am not discussing, nor attempting to discuss any way to circumvent or ignore the rule set for the server. When I play there I will not even have my MQ2 client loaded. Just like when I play on the P99 servers. I enjoy playing EQ in many of it's variants and I would not want to bring any bad attention to this outstanding community with careless play.

There is a time to run 18 accounts at once. And there is a time not to :cool:

**edit** Sorry If I came across like a d*&k there. But I do not want to bring any bad press to the responsible players in our community that do not AFK play, perma-hold-camps and names, and the other things that give us a bad name. I only use these tools on servers where it has classically been "tolerated". Without them, my EQ would have ended a long time ago due to my odd hours. With them, I am 22 years strong in the game.

I think the concern may have been just simply setting foot on a TLP after playing with an account that has used MQ2 even if you don't plan on using it while on the TLP. At least that's what I've seen others say and it honestly has me worried as well. I was thinking about trying out the new TLPs but don't want to risk getting hammered despite the fact I will not be running MQ2 at all while I'm playing there.

I think the concern may have been just simply setting foot on a TLP after playing with an account that has used MQ2 even if you don't plan on using it while on the TLP. At least that's what I've seen others say and it honestly has me worried as well. I was thinking about trying out the new TLPs but don't want to risk getting hammered despite the fact I will not be running MQ2 at all while I'm playing there.
That rule exists for Rizlona and Aradune as well. From what I understand the punishment on Aradune for people who bypassed IC was no worse than the punishment on Rizlona or Live. I think they're just leaving the doors open to punish harshly as they see fit (which, honestly, they could already do anyway but at least this way you can't say they didn't warn you). But, I fully agree with jfrazi. Truebox is requesting a set of specific rules and people bypassing that in whatever manner deserve what they get.

You don't really need MQ to start on a new TLP -- plenty of groups, plenty of people, plenty of opportunity. Unless you just hate people. And then maybe TLP isn't the right place for you~

Anyone having issues with MQ2 on thornblade, I run patcher, without MQ, play for 2 hours, get annyoed that im missing the usual MQ help, logout, reload with MQ2, hit an auto path, or a macro, and immediately disconnected. and sent to login screen. Just curious if im doing something wrong?

It is weird that MQ2 was working perfectly on my 2 PC setup on Mischief and now it stopped :(

IC uses a blacklist to stop servers, and that blacklist has to be updated each time a new Truebox server is released. Thus using a version that has not been updated will allow you to play (even though it shouldn't) and when you update IC that is fixed.

At most this happens once a year for a month until the next patch comes out, but we get reports every year.

Regardless, even if you can use it, you shouldn't since RedGuides does not support use on Truebox servers.

thats why it let me login to start, but then geeked out after the patch.. not that i wanted to run MQ, but ended up having to take that account to live, load it, /mq end, then go back to thorn.

so every time i go to log in with the MQ2 running the game system crashes on the way to character select screen. any one else having this problem?

so every time i go to log in with the MQ2 running the game system crashes on the way to character select screen. any one else having this problem?
Howdy @Dracsnar, unfortunately, mischief is a truebox server and mq2 is not supported on truebox servers.
MQ2 does not work on Truebox servers.

Here is a list of servers and what their designation is:
Works on "Live servers", Antonius Bayle, Bertoxxulous, Bristlebane, Cazic Thule, Drinal, Erollisi Marr, Firiona Vie, Luclin, Povar, Ragefire, Rizlona, The Rathe, Trakanon, Tunare, Vox, Xegony, Zek

Does not work on: "Truebox" servers, such as Aradune, Agnarr, Corinav, Phinigel, Mangler, Miragul, Mischief, Selo's, or Thornblade. (other tools such as MySEQ are available)

I have always understood that mq2 does not work on truebox servers. Quick question though.... I have several computers because I boxed early (like in 2000). What's the minimum of accounts I can run ona truebox server? (Not that I am going to play there - no no no.) Is it just 2 accounts or if I have say.... 6 computers... is that truebox if I can play 6 computers at once (without any so called... assistance)?

I have always understood that mq2 does not work on truebox servers. Quick question though.... I have several computers because I boxed early (like in 2000). What's the minimum of accounts I can run ona truebox server? (Not that I am going to play there - no no no.) Is it just 2 accounts or if I have say.... 6 computers... is that truebox if I can play 6 computers at once (without any so called... assistance)?
so aradune is truebox PLUS 2 accounts "per person" maximum - meaning you can have 2 computers running 1 toon each for each person playing everquest. Originally there was a disconnect with Customer Service and GMs hitting people if there were more than 2 accounts in a single household (like family members, or roommates, etc). but DW clarified that it was limit 2 comp/account per person.
1622824984362.png

other trueboxes don't have a limit on how many characters/computers - but they require you have 1 computer per 1 character. So if you had 6 computers, you could run 6 characters (adhering to their 1 character per 1 computer policy)

So, say, if I play 3 computers on 3 accounts on the new Thornblade, that would be legit? Or, is it just that they have not stated yet that you can only play 2 accounts on there?

So, say, if I play 3 computers on 3 accounts on the new Thornblade, that would be legit? Or, is it just that they have not stated yet that you can only play 2 accounts on there?
only aradune had the 2 limit

the new mischief and thornblade do not have limits on how many - just you need 1 computer per 1 character

so if you wanted to 3 computers for a total of 3 concurrent characters, then you would be good to go

I Truebox'd 6 chars using 5 cheap laptops I found online and usb numpads. Thats 11-13 or so hotkeys that are easy and quick to hit for each char. Its vastly superior to just alt tabbing and close to ISBoxer performance/better in some regards. As soon as I rolled on Rizlona I sold the laptops for about 10% less than I bought them.

I am not advocating to use MQ2 on the new servers, but I thought it was rather curious that Aradune will prompt you and make you click a box stating you understand the Truebox ruleset and agree to it.. while neither of the two new servers has that box at all.

Curious.

That's not asking you to agree to the Truebox ruleset, that's your agreement that as an additional term for playing on Aradune (Truebox) or Rizlona (Not Truebox) any automation puts any account associated with you in jeopardy.

It was in the announcement for Mischief, but I agree that it is interesting that they didn't include it in the prompts.

So I have been rocking the new TLP - I don't get to go totally ham, but I have a 36 necro on the server already. I do not even load up MQ2 when I know I am going old school and I have had zero issues. If you dig the old(er) school with a crazy new twist then these servers are for you. The random loots have made the EC tunnel a mad house of pricing. Nice to see some items going for cheap because perma-locking the original named camp doesn't work here. I have finished my jboots and most of the Sol Ro quests for freebie upgrades - still need the dark words for clickie health to mana. but I am having a blast.

Nothing like getting a quili clock from mobs in Sol A 😂

Can you run mq2 on mischief true box only on multiple computers or is that server a no no to load MQ. What I am asking is do they catch in when booting up and if you are careful like only 2 toons and very vanilla are you somewhat safe? Thx guys

Ok...And I didn't really plan on running it there to run my toons but when I logged in I didn't realize I had MQ loaded because I had been turning it off.. this one time I forgot and it loaded then I got disconnected. I was wondering will I probably get a ban notice now or is it just mainly because it is not supported? I will make sure it is off in the future. Thx

Last edited:
Discussion - Mischief TLP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back