• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Misc. help (1 Viewer)

jadel

RedCents
Seems to be just me asking questions lately. I appreciate all the help.

Next question

Is there something that shows whether your target is in range? A bit like when the spell gems grey/red out in other newer games.

Is there something in one of the bots that will move the char away from mob when it gets aggro?

I got more but that will do for now lol

Thanks guys

Seems to be just me asking questions lately. I appreciate all the help.

Next question

Is there something that shows whether your target is in range? A bit like when the spell gems grey/red out in other newer games.

Is there something in one of the bots that will move the char away from mob when it gets aggro?

I got more but that will do for now lol

Thanks guys

Using mq2cast simple answer
/if (${Target.Distance}<${Spell[Spell Name].Range}) /casting "Spell Name"

No macros I am aware of will move you away if aggro.

Only thing I have seen is if an add detected shammy can VP

Its not impossible but dang close, building an add detection routine would be tricky and would be different in every camp situation.

Basicaly endless complications because you could end up closer to other mobs which it would think are adds and you would run endlessly screaming until you died.

On the tlp servers main way to detect aggro would be a you got hit event.

Hit modes must be on Normal

Rich (BB code):
#Event  GotHit          "#*#YOU for#*#points of damage."
Rich (BB code):
Sub Event_GotHit 

Do something here

/return

need something along these lines, might be be able to fiddle with a bit later,

would be something like

set timer 20seconds sounds about right so you dont hop around like a noob
set variables for current location if event triggers
moveto loc /varcalc currentlocation+15 random direction
flush events
watch events every couple seconds

could add some particular abilities dependent on class to also help save you

Thanks guys.

What if the one under attack moved to a pre defined char, the main one im controlling which is easy to move clear?

might suck though if i was off pulling when it got attacked i guess

oh -- how would you use the mq2cast one Maskoi?
If it isnt in range what will it do?

Is it possible for the bot to move into range if its oor -- actually I wondered about that with the healer bot too.

What you are talking about goes way beyond a simple macro or hot key. I suggest you find a macro then starting playing with it get it to do what you want it to.

I would also suggest looking into a hud specific for your spells to see if a mob is in range or not. Would give you at a glace info right on your screen

From your earlier question you can use the 2 following hot keys 2 following hot keys.

This will move you 50 feet away from the mob and then turn you towards them. Change the 50 to what ever distance you need. Requires MQ2Moveutils.
Rich (BB code):
/if (${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]}) /moveto loc ${Target.Y} ${Math.Calc[${Target.X}-50]}
/pause 5
/face fast

This hot key will only cast the spell if the target is in range and can be used with Heals, DPS, Buffs whatever
Replace Spell Name with the actual Spell Name i.e Bolt of Rhyolite Rk. II. The MQ2Cast /casting requires the spell in quotes ""
Will memorize the spell in gem 8 if not mem'd and will try to recast once on fizzle or resist.
Rich (BB code):
/if (${Target.Distance}<${Spell[Spell Name].Range}) /casting "Spell Name"|8 -maxtries|2

Misc. help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back