• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

May Contest: Win Krono, Pass Judgement on Advanced Looting! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,152¢
Pronouns
He/Him
Congrats to last month's winners!

Celebrate May @ RedGuides by winning some Krono! The winner is chosen in-game by /random. A single, simple reply of any word will enter you to win.

Prize List:
  • Two Krono for one lucky winner.
  • A single, shiny Krono for another winner.
  • Avatar change (from redcent shop)
  • Username custom color (from redcent shop)
  • 1 Month of Redguides Level 2 access for you or a friend. Enjoy MQ2 compiles, the internet's largest collection of macros, private strategies, and a great community.

Again, simply reply to enter.

If you need something to say, tell us:

Now that it's been live for a month, what's your opinion on the advanced loot system?

Rules:
No more entries after May 31st, 11:59 PM PST.
Drawing will be held in-game on the Vox server, by use of /random. Time & location of the /random will be posted after contest ends, you are welcome to attend.
One reply only, please. An exception for multiple replies (and therefore multiplies entries) will be made so long as you are carrying on a normal on-topic conversation (to be decided by mods).
Shipping of physical items is to USA only, an alternate prize will be selected if we can't get it to you.
Posting with multiple accounts, or screwing with the contest will lead to certain doom.

By the way, check out our FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/RedGuides

Last edited:
ive had it for a bit longer, I actually dislike it alot.. they could have just added a roll system and /lootall like every other game out there.. but they had to go and be different

Now that it's mostly working properly I like it for quests - makes it way easier to distribute items when you're doing the "collect xx of yy" partisan tasks.

I'm in to win!
I like the idea of advanced looting, but it is way more complex then it should be.

This x1000. Having worked in software development, whoever designed it should have known better than to A) over-engineer something that could be much simpler, and B) deliver the entire feature in a single release. They should have delivered the core functionality, then incrementally improved it based on user feedback.

I liked it when camping the same zone/location for extended periods of time. After it was setup for a location, it would fill up the bags on all or my characters at a fairly even rate - letting my group stay longer before needing to sell.

Otherwise while leveling up, and running from zone to zone it was a real pita.

I like it because I can send loot to each character without tabbing back to them. However it has caused some problems when loot is magically not lootable by anyone.

I am slowly migrating my characters from old ninjadvloot.inc based looting to Advanced Looting. Overall Advanced looting rocks for solo character but is kind of annoying for group play as you have to allow for the roll delay.

I even thought of writing a python script to convert loot.ini to Advanced Looting .inis, but getting the IDs for each item seemed a bit too much of a pain.

Daybreak has made it quite easy to merge/replace existing .ini files so as long as you have one good base Advanced Looting .ini set, you are good to go.

I also hear that if you have a huge Advanced Looting .ini file it slows down considerably.

New looting system is a bit more convoluted than expected.
But once a toon is set it is nice.
It is rather easy now to assign quest item for loot tasks.
I set it up, so that only one toon loot everything, and other toons don't roll.
It does not replace ninja auto sell and store functions.
If We suggest DBG to add auto sell and auto store, then we can recycle ninja.
It looks to me that the author of ninja could sue DBG for plagiarism.

Last edited:
Automatic looting 10x faster than old lootsystem, and that's all I have to say about this cause /advloot rocks:

Rich (BB code):
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| SUB: Loot Stuff
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sub LootStuff
	/declare l int local
	/declare prevcount int local
        /if (!${LootOn} || ${AggroTargetID} || (${DMZ} && ${Me.InInstance}==FALSE) || ${Me.Invis}) /return
        /if (${Debug}) /echo DEBUG LootStuff: Enter
        /if (${Me.FreeInventory}==0) {
            /echo Inventory is full. Looting OFF
            /varset LootOn 0
            /return
        }
	/if (${Bool[${Group}]}==TRUE) {
		/if (${Group.MasterLooter.ID}==${Me.ID}) {
			/if (${AdvLoot.SCount}>0 && ${AdvLoot.SWantCount}>0) {
				/echo looting
				/varset prevcount ${AdvLoot.SCount}
				/advloot shared set ${Me.Name}
				/delay 30 ${AdvLoot.SCount}!=${prevcount}
			}
			|still more stuff in list?
			/if (${AdvLoot.SCount}>0) {
				/for l 1 to ${AdvLoot.SCount}
					/if (${AdvLoot.SList[${l}].No}==TRUE || ${AdvLoot.SList[${l}].Never}==TRUE) {
						/echo leaving ${AdvLoot.SList[${l}]} on corpse we dont want that crap
						/varset prevcount ${AdvLoot.SCount}
						/advloot shared "${AdvLoot.SList[${l}]}" leave
						/delay 30 ${AdvLoot.SCount}!=${prevcount}
					}
				/next l
			}
			/delay 30 ${AdvLoot.PCount}==0
			/if (${AdvLoot.SCount}>0 || ${AdvLoot.PCount}>0) {
				/beep
				/echo you have unfiltered loot to attend to...
			}
		}
	} else {
		|loot personal stuff? probably not needed in kiss since people use it to group with
		|but if needed it's not exactly hard to add with the new command available:	
		|/advloot personal blah blah
	}
        /doevents
        /if (${Debug}) /echo DEBUG LootStuff: Leave
    /return

So... Anyone uploaded a base INI that has the good vendor loots set to greed roll yet?... Diamonds, Blue Diamonds... the stuff that's 100+ plat and stackable.
Since the main reason that people don't use it is the annoyance of initial setup.

I like it for soloing boxing. Little complicated when trying to use it in a real group though.

I love it for soloing and boxing. Speeds up grinding by the speed of light, squared, and it's very easy to set up for a camp in no time (well, unless you want chase loot and actually have to find it first). However, I'm not particularly fond of it in random groups since everyone seems to have various settings.

For me, it's a love-hate thing.

I cannot stand the fact that every mob has a 15 min lockout for looting now as opposed to the old ~2 min one. This is the only thing that really kills it for me. I also hate it on raids but as long as the raid leader keeps it disabled, we can go as normal.

With boxing/botting - love it for the most part. For one, there is now a valid reason to have piles of corpses around your camp and someone not assume you're botting [even if you are]. You also don't have to set a looter in MQ2 so there is no worry that you'll have a toon trying to chain-loot someone elses corpse. For me, the ADVloot is just "safer" when botting. I also like being able to automatically have things sent to specific people if they are no-drop items like some quest stuff or Alaran Fragments. Major problem is that you have to set your preferences and the item has to actually drop [well, you can go through some hoops to set it up otherwise but yeah] to put those settings. With MQ2 loot macs and stuff, I just need the name of the item to put my preference.

Sometimes it *is* nice in a group. When farming PoWar faction drops, it was 100X easier to just send every other one to the guildy with me via ADVLoot instead of saying, "oh hey, here's a drop, it's your turn, loot it". Downside is when you're just grinding and have cash drops. Most people at 105 don't care so much but I always feel bad if I'm hogging up gems b/c I have it all set to "always need" since I box so much.

TL;DR: I like it. Most of the time. They could have come up with a less clunky UI interface IMO. So, simply, I like it more than I hate it :D

Until it has auto-destroy, it's useless and annoying. I like a clean camp and just knowing the bodies are there bothers me.

I use it 100% of the time on solo and I will use it in a group as we get more ini setup info for it...

I can see this come in very handy when looting lore attunable items.... But for now its 100% solo, 0 use in group

Wanna make a lot of plat? Setup your angry merc (caster, tank or melee) to burn.agressive and park yourself in some of the zoned in PoT and just sit and as things pop you collect plat and items, I parked 11 toons (all 85 or above) overnight and made a ton of plat! Testing the best spots to stand and take but so far the best is the planes of power zones..... a few drop mostly plat and or gems woot!

I hated it at first but once i got it setup for a few of my spots I've learned to love it. Plus i love it for plvling in grounds/valley, not having to loot 15 mobs individually after every pull is nice.

I just started playing again this week after leaving EQ when beta testing raids for TDS - the advloot works neat when you're solo, but it's crashed my client (running default UI) several times when I am boxing 2 characters. It seems frustrating to set up for a group.

First of all, Advloot rocks for farming plat while botting. Finally you won't be noticed running out to a mob, and looting, then returning back to camp. No more loot worries with swarming or even stopping to loot on your dungeon on crawls. It has cut my time down in the DH missions and I have actually looted a few rare items that I would have missed otherwise.

Second, this has saved me so much time helping noobs with questing. I am usually the ML (master looter), so I just hand out the quest items as I see fit. Keeps things rolling along smoothly. You can also send quest items to your bot team without having to tab to them to loot, or to make trades (if trade-able) later. Same goes for loots from named mobs.

Third, it's much more fair to roll in a group for trash. I remember back in 2002 when we had one person as the ML and then our group would have to meet in PoK while she sold and split the money.

Over all, I like. :)

Hear ye hear ye!

/random on the Vox server will be held shortly, 3PM PST! I'll be at the crescent reach spawn point if you'd like to witness the proceedings.

Winners:

1 month of level 2: Dallas41
Username Color: kknights
1 Krono: Beastdaddy
2 Krono: Lanceval

(and thank you to Calaxa for showing up for the live /random!)

Krono winners: PM me with charname / server for parcel. Everyone else, check your redcent inventory and wallet!

Attachments

• eqlog.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 3
May Contest: Win Krono, Pass Judgement on Advanced Looting!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back