• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Patch - March 2024 Patch (test: 5th; live: 13th) (1 Viewer)

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
29,491¢
Pronouns
He/Him

*** Highlights ***

- Starting March 16th, seek out Alta the Frightened in Crescent Reach to start the 25th Anniversary quests!

*** Items ***

- The names, icons, and lore text have been swapped for the Guardian's Girdle and Assaulter's Belt.
- Type 7 augments available from Miacallie Herlsas in Tides of Time have had stat adjustments where applicable.
- Fixed an issue that caused Selyrah mounts to disappear and their buffs to misbehave.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Reduced the price of mounts on the anniversary merchant.

*** Spells ***

- Cleric - Increased the damage of ranks 2 and 3 of Unrelenting Hammer of Zeal.
- Enchanter - Increased the HP and damage of ranks 2 and 3 of Flariton's Animation.
- Shaman - Increased the HP and damage of all ranks of Suja's Faithful.
- Shadowknight - Increased the HP and damage of all ranks of Minion of Fandrel.
- Wizard - Increased the damage of ranks 2 and 3 of Kindleheart's Pyroblade.
- Wizard - Irae Faycite Shard: Glacial Ice Cascade will now also focus Wildice Cascade XI rather than Rimeclaw Torrent.
- Monk - Moved all abilities in the Clawstriker's Flurry line of abilities from timer 9 to timer 12.

*** Mercenaries ***

- Fixed a bug where mercenaries suspended after a persona swap would unsuspend after zoning without the mercenary window reflecting the unsuspension.

*** Progression Servers ***

- Modest Illdaera, Elegant Oseka, Stately Ladrys, and Ostentatious Ryken armor are now marked as quest items.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Doubled the maximum number of allowed players per pickzone for Laurion Inn.
- Increased the Dragon's Hoard cap to 500.
- Optimized the processing performance of the client log file to reduce hitching and stuttering.
- The per-kill Alternate Advancement experience cap is now applied before most server and character-based experience modifiers to be more consistent with leveling experience.
- Corrected an issue that caused a player's level and class to not get updated in the Guild Window after leaving a monster mission.
- Made several changes to improve client and zone performance.
- Refined the tuning of Memory.ini for smoother framerate: Balanced and Most memory modes have pre-loaded textures. Least memory mode has always had deferred texture loading.

- The per-kill Alternate Advancement experience cap is now applied before most server and character-based experience modifiers to be more consistent with leveling experience.”
I wanted to explain this change in a bit more detail than is available with a one-line patch note.

tl;dr
This change will result in the potential for more AA experience gain for characters that were hitting the per-kill AA cap.

More Details
There is a cap on how much experience can be earned from a single NPC kill. Currently, that amount is 10% of normal leveling experience or 5 AA.

Under certain conditions (low level, big server bonus, etc) the normal leveling experience can exceed the cap because it is applied towards the start of the experience equation. There are a few mods applied, then the cap is checked against, then more mods are applied. The Refer-A-Friend, Legacy Character, and server modifiers are a few(though not all) of the mods applied after the cap. A character that reached the cap with the base amount of experience but had these mods active would earn more than the cap.

However, AA experience worked differently. The cap for AA experience was applied at the end of the equation after all of the mods had been applied. This meant that going beyond the AA cap wasn't possible because there weren't any mods applied after experience was capped. With the amount of experience earned at the current max level, it's possible to reach the per-kill cap with no mods active. When large bonuses were active, such as during holidays or Extra Life, the bonus wasn't providing as much of a benefit for those that opted to put all of their experience towards AA and were close to hitting the cap without it.

The AA experience equation has been updated to more closely match the normal leveling equation when it comes to the order the mods and cap are applied. This change will result in the potential for more AA experience gain for characters that were hitting the per-kill AA cap.

Last edited:
I just care if they're giving ANY attention to the "You can't hit yer target" issues. So bloody fundamental and impacts every zone.

/zfix is awesome but...

Amen! This has gotten so aggravating at this point its not even funny! Happened to me on flat ground in Heroes Forge mission and got stuck on spider for like 15 minutes because I couldn't get him to move. Grrrr!

--‐------------‐‐---------‐-----------------------
March 5, 2024

*** Highlights ***

- Starting March 16th, seek out Alta the Frightened in Crescent Reach to start the 25th Anniversary quests!

*** Items ***

- The names, icons, and lore text have been swapped for the Guardian's Girdle and Assaulter's Belt.
- Type 7 augments available from Miacallie Herlsas in Tides of Time have had stat adjustments where applicable.
- Fixed an issue that caused Selyrah mounts to disappear and their buffs to misbehave.

*** Quests & Events ***

*** Spells ***

- Enchanter - Increased the HP and damage of ranks 2 and 3 of Flariton's Animation.
- Wizard - Irae Faycite Shard: Glacial Ice Cascade will now also focus Wildice Cascade XI rather than Rimeclaw Torrent.
- Monk - Moved all abilities in the Clawstriker's Flurry line of abilities from timer 9 to timer 12.

*** Mercenaries ***

- Fixed a bug where mercenaries suspended after a persona swap would unsuspend after zoning without the mercenary window reflecting the unsuspension.

- Modest Illdaera, Elegant Oseka, Stately Ladrys, and Ostentatious Ryken armor are now marked as quest items.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Optimized the processing performance of the client log file to reduce hitching and stuttering.
- The per-kill Alternate Advancement experience cap is now applied before most server and character-based experience modifiers to be more consistent with leveling experience.
- Corrected an issue that caused a player's level and class to not get updated in the Guild Window after leaving a monster mission.
- Refined the tuning of Memory.ini for smoother framerate: Balanced and Most memory modes have pre-loaded textures. Least memory mode has always had deferred texture loading.

- The EverQuest Team

--‐------------‐‐---------‐-----------------------
March 5, 2024

*** Highlights ***

*** Items ***

*** Quests & Events ***

*** Spells ***

*** Mercenaries ***

*** Miscellaneous ***

- The EverQuest Team
had already updated main post

lol, this is an ability line i've complained about for a while, funny

Type 7 augments available from Miacallie Herlsas in Tides of Time have had stat adjustments where applicable.
Apparently they did....they were obviously too useful: a 95AC 1500HP aug that could fit in Charm slot and was basically given away after a 5 min quest.

I think the apprentice is doing these Anniversary Tower Quests....and then they are Quality controlling them a month later.

1709713247831.png old version....

1709712982067.pngNew Version.....So its still great for a 5 minute run around. I was thinking they would change it to a type 25 or some dumb thing and screw it entirely.

lol, this is an ability line i've complained about for a while, funny
and the change is
move the ability from 1 timer where it conflict with something better to another timer where it conflicts with something better....

useless in live eq, maybe useful on tlp /shrug

Is the AA-per-kill thing separate from the "can only get a max of 200% exp from any single source" nerf they put it and then forgot to mention on the notes?

That 200% has really done in my 100 - 110 characters as 2 of them went from 103 to about 108 doing Griklors, the third one I didn't get around to doing and it now seems he'll only get 2 levels max from it.

and the change is
move the ability from 1 timer where it conflict with something better to another timer where it conflicts with something better....

useless in live eq, maybe useful on tlp /shrug
well, the change likely won't do anything for current game, but it certainly does for the flow of the progression of the class and how uniform it plays over all the levels

(in case it differs)

Highlights
  • Starting March 16th, seek out Alta the Frightened in Crescent Reach to start the 25th Anniversary quests!
Items
  • The names, icons, and lore text have been swapped for the Guardian's Girdle and Assaulter's Belt.
  • Type 7 augments available from Miacallie Herlsas in Tides of Time have had stat adjustments where applicable.
  • Fixed an issue that caused Selyrah mounts to disappear and their buffs to misbehave.
Quests & Events
  • Reduced the price of mounts on the anniversary merchant.
Spells
  • Cleric - Increased the damage of ranks 2 and 3 of Unrelenting Hammer of Zeal.
  • Enchanter - Increased the HP and damage of ranks 2 and 3 of Flariton's Animation.
  • Shaman - Increased the HP and damage of all ranks of Suja's Faithful.
  • Shadowknight - Increased the HP and damage of all ranks of Minion of Fandrel.
  • Wizard - Increased the damage of ranks 2 and 3 of Kindleheart's Pyroblade.
  • Wizard - Irae Faycite Shard: Glacial Ice Cascade will now also focus Wildice Cascade XI rather than Rimeclaw Torrent.
  • Monk - Moved all abilities in the Clawstriker's Flurry line of abilities from timer 9 to timer 12.
Mercenaries
  • Fixed a bug where mercenaries suspended after a persona swap would unsuspend after zoning without the mercenary window reflecting the unsuspension.
Progression Servers
  • Modest Illdaera, Elegant Oseka, Stately Ladrys, and Ostentatious Ryken armor are now marked as quest items.
Miscellaneous
  • Doubled the maximum number of allowed players per pickzone for Laurion Inn.
  • Increased the Dragon's Hoard cap to 500.
  • Optimized the processing performance of the client log file to reduce hitching and stuttering.
  • The per-kill Alternate Advancement experience cap is now applied before most server and character-based experience modifiers to be more consistent with leveling experience.
  • Corrected an issue that caused a player's level and class to not get updated in the Guild Window after leaving a monster mission.
  • Made several changes to improve client and zone performance.
  • Refined the tuning of Memory.ini for smoother framerate: Balanced and Most memory modes have pre-loaded textures. Least memory mode has always had deferred texture loading.
  • You will no longer be able to bind in Nagafen's Lair, Permafrost Keep, Kedge Keep, Plane of Sky, and Plane of Fear.

Servers are up - what is the estimated time to get Red Guides launcher ready to update MacroQuest?

(Very small patch... I guess nerfing is easier than buffing?)

Servers are up - what is the estimated time to get Red Guides launcher ready to update MacroQuest?

It's ready when it's ready....might I suggest

What to expect on patch days?
When eq patches MQ has to be rebuilt. (you also have to patch EQ --- this way you avoid "Version Mismatch" issues)

once mq is built RG can build - we now have an automated system that rebuilds RG as soon as it is updated - which means our previous method of "let's give it a quick test" is no longer there, and sometimes there ends up being another smaller patch later to correct if something got missed - so re-check on patch days if you are having issues.

eq could change literally anything and it would require the way MQ interacts with that portion of EQ to be completely reworked. It is normally just offsets, sometimes struct changes --- with the large changes eq has been making over the past few months (updates and backend improvements) there are more things than just offset changes that are happening, so it can certainly be a lot of work for the devs.

Curious when Very Vanilla will be updated?
You'll get a web notification (if we have permission), site notification, and email (optional)
Click to watch
MacroQuest for Live servers:
MacroQuest for Test server

EQ patches go like this: (in theory)
2nd* tue/wed = test "real" patch
3rd* wed = live patch
4th* tue/wed = test "true up

the tue over the wed is a more recent thing (I suspect klanderso has more to do with that, and having time to ensure working stuff before the weekend and upset people - klanderso is pretty awesome)
* holidays subject to cause shifts in days or even week

test is notorious for being like "oops we forgot the 'dont crash plz' file, gotta patch again", or "woops we added +1 to crashing, we meant -1", so "on paper" it is double the patches, but very frequently ends up being more than double the work (i imagine, I'm not doing the work - I'd love to learn enough at some point to help facilitate doing so, however)

Mq itself is open source and by volunteer(s) - RG which builds and distributes that is obviously paid for.
If you wanted to show your appreciation to the MQ devs for their volunteer work:

Tip the MQ Developers HERE:
brainiac:
https://www.redguides.com/tip/brainiac
Reply to this thread after donating for your 🧠
dannuic:
Reply to this thread after for your :dannuic:

It's ready when it's ready....might I suggest

I didn't mean to step on toes, this is sometimes a touchy subject with dev's.

I was just looking for expectations. Thanks for the update Sic, glad to see some automation there - showing some great sophistication!

Wow, this patch made a difference. No more grey slow renditions when zoning or turning around. Still hard to see dark objects in bags but that grey being gone makes me happy!

Patch - March 2024 Patch (test: 5th; live: 13th)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back