• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Manually controlled toon being controlled my KA (1 Viewer)

Ruffhaus

RedCents
18¢
Good morning,

I'm sure I've missed this discussion somewhere but I'm not able to find it.

When running a group of any configuration and playing one toon manually, it's being controlled, though to a limited degree, by KA. Example: My group of a Shaman, Enchanter, Wizard and Ranger. When manually playing the ranger, and pulling a mob, as soon as I hit melee attack KA takes over. I can't break away or otherwise do anything other than cast spells and watch until that mob is dead.

The same holds true when soloing and MQ2 is running. It locks on and KA does most of the work. What's the fix?

Good morning,

I'm sure I've missed this discussion somewhere but I'm not able to find it.

When running a group of any configuration and playing one toon manually, it's being controlled, though to a limited degree, by KA. Example: My group of a Shaman, Enchanter, Wizard and Ranger. When manually playing the ranger, and pulling a mob, as soon as I hit melee attack KA takes over. I can't break away or otherwise do anything other than cast spells and watch until that mob is dead.

The same holds true when soloing and MQ2 is running. It locks on and KA does most of the work. What's the fix?

Sounds more like an MQ2melee issue. do a /melee off and give it a go.

yeah that's the melee stick kicking in, type /melee and a list of options for your toon will come up, i think the one you're looking for is "stickbreak" but i can't remember for sure and i'm not at home to open a toon a check. once you get that set right though it will stick to the mob until you touch a direction key and let you break free. although attack will stay on unless you hit "z" so after a second he may go back into stick mode if not turned off

*edit to add* found it in my melee file on this computer stickbreak=1

so once in game on that toon type:

/melee stickbreak=1
/melee save

your problems will be solved

Off hand, what exactly are you trying to accomplish here?

It sounds like you have KA running, and it is doing what it is suppose to be doing... but you want to manually do certain things.

For instance, MQ2Melee alone wont retarget mobs or keep you locked on them. You can turn off attack, or simple hit ESC to clear target, and any manual movement will break the stick. The macro how ever will keep retargeting/re-engaging, if you have it set up to melee. I mean, MQ2Melee is suppose to keep you on top of the mob and going through combat stuff....

KA operates slightly differently with and with out MQ2Melee.

What exactly is it you are wanting to accomplish?

It sounds like the problem you are having is MQ2Melee related, and the options above should help you

/melee stickbreak=1
/melee stickrange=0
/melee save

These 2 options will likely do what I believe you are looking to accomplish.

that being said, if you are running KissAssit, meaning you have selected a target and typed /mac kissassist on a toon
Create a hotkey with /mqp
This will toggle the macro to pause or unpause
You can also use /mqpause on and /mqpause off

If you switch to a toon being controlled by Kissassist, and want to control him manually for a minute, just hit the toggle.

Do what I do...you have a hotkey with /Kiss and /End. when you are not in kissassist mode but youve got MQ loaded up on your puter and your ranger wants to autoattack once you hit attack just hit the /end key at any point where you want to break away, once you do that your free.

Question - Manually controlled toon being controlled my KA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back