• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Macro for camping out a toon (1 Viewer)

ncccippy

RedCents
10¢
is there any macro written for sending a tell to a toon and camping him out? i have a baz mule on an acct i let my friend play on, i want him to be able to send a tell like /tell toonx /camp:pw where pw would be a password i could set and he would camp out. this type of macro seems pretty easy to write but i dont know how to actually do it, i only know how to sometimes look at macros and get an idea of how they work. does anyone have something like this already?

thanks

Rich (BB code):
#Chat tell
#event camp "#*# told you, '/camp:PASSWORD'"

Sub Main
:loop
/doevents
/goto :loop

Sub Event_camp
/camp
/return

Sub Event_Chat(ChatType,Sender,ChatText)
/if (${ChatType.Equal[tell]} && ${ChatText.Equal[/camp:PASSWORDHERE]}) /camp
/return

Last edited:
its not working at the moment.. when i send the proper text with the password i get the following returned in my MQ chat box.

failed to parse /if command. could not find command to execute
afk.mac@10 (Event_Chat(ChatType,Sender,ChatText)): /if (${ChatType.Equal[tell]} && ${ChatText.Equal[/camp:PW]})
afk.mac@5 (Main): :loop

and then the macro ends itself.

ive been so overwhelmed trying to learn how to configure the different great macros out there i hadnt gotten around to those but they did intrigue me... im gonna have to devote some time learning how to use them. the challenge for me lately has been that ive been spending so much time learning how to use these applications that ive had little time to actually play the game.

on a side note, is there any way to make at least this macro... or those plugins work with EQIM tells?

it wont let me give cade another red cent yet so i'll kick one over to svarina for pointing me towards those plugins, then i'll get one back to you cade for helping me yet again with the macro. ive decided i need to definitely dedicate some time to the more complex macros and plugins so i can fully utilize what MQ2 offers me, so i have a lot more reading to do =P

Macro for camping out a toon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back