• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - lvl 100 Heroics announcement! (1 Viewer)

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
25,730¢
Pronouns
He/Him

New level 100 Heroic Characters are dropping next week in EverQuest! If you’ve been around for a while, you’ll remember that we added Heroic Characters in 2014 at level 85. Well, soon you will be able to purchase a Heroic Character that starts at level 100.

Let’s break down the benefits you can look forward to with a new Level 100 Heroic Character. Here’s what you’ll receive upon purchase:

• 25,000 Platinum
  • Selyrah Mount
  • One Extra Mercenary Slot
  • Two 40-Slot Bags
  • Spells
  • Thousands of Auto-Granted Alternative Advancement Abilities (AA’s)
  • Full Set of Equipment, including weapons, armor, Power Source and Charm
  • Food, Drink, and Ammo
  • 200 Bayle Marks

As a reminder, here’s what you get with a Level 85 Heroic Character (original FAQ found here):

• 15,000 Platinum
  • Jungle Raptor Mount
  • Two 24-Slot Bags
  • Spells
  • Thousands of Auto-Granted Alternative Advancement Abilities (AA’s)
  • Full Set of Equipment, including weapons, armor, Power Source and Charm
  • Food, Drink, and Ammo
  • 100 Bayle Marks

FAQ

For the new level 100 Heroic Characters, here are some frequently asked questions and answers:

Q: Will I be getting a free level 100 Heroic Character?
A: Not at the release of this feature.

Q: How much will the level 100 Heroic Characters cost?
A: They will cost 4000DBC and can be purchased in the Services section of the Marketplace. The existing Level 85 Heroics will remain at their current price of 3500DBC.

Q: What happens to the level 85 Heroic Characters that I have purchased but not used?
A: These can continue to be used to create a level 85 Heroic Character on servers with Call of the Forsaken unlocked.

Q: What happens if I upgrade a paid (not free/trial) level 85 Heroic Character to level 100?
A: You'll get refunded a Level 85 Heroic Character (without the consumable pack).

Q: What expansion is needed to unlock the new Level 100 Heroic Characters?
A: Torment of Velious (with Level 85 Heroic Characters still set to open on progression servers at Call of the Forsaken).

Q: Can I use a Level 85 Heroic Character if I already used a Level 100 Character?
A: No.

Q: What zone will the new Level 100 Heroic Characters start in?
A: They’ll start in Shard’s Landing with access to use all of the portals.

Q: Will there be any new quests for the level 100 Heroic Characters?
A: No.

If you’ve ever wondered how far you can take your adventuring in Norrath, look no further! Level 100 Heroic characters will be available on September 21, 2022 once scheduled downtime is complete. Click here if you need to re-up your Daybreak Cash. You can also click here to check out the original level 85 Heroics. Happy hunting!

Q: What happens to the level 85 Heroic Characters that I have purchased but not used?
A: These can continue to be used to create a level 85 Heroic Character on servers with Call of the Forsaken unlocked.
Bummer! I was hoping they would absorb/replace the unused 85's with 100's :argh:

I'm not really super excited about not at least getting a discount on one from all the years of being subbed and expansions purchased. I'll still get some, but it "would be a whole lot cooler if they did".

I'm not really super excited about not at least getting a discount on one from all the years of being subbed and expansions purchased. I'll still get some, but it "would be a whole lot cooler if they did".
maybe you are.

maybe they would be $99 without all those years :p

I'm glad they didn't "put them on sale" for 40 and then bump it up to 45 or 50 after the sale.

maybe just a diff perspective

adjusted for inflation the difference on the $35 lvl 85 heroic and the $40 lvl 100 heroic is ~$1.26, so not that much more for 10 levels

maybe you are.

I'm glad they didn't "put them on sale" for 40 and then bump it up to 45 or 50 after the sale.

adjusted for inflation the difference on the $35 lvl 85 heroic and the $40 lvl 100 heroic is ~$1.26, so not that much more for 10 levels
Good point! $40 isn't a ton, but I wonder if they come with a free character slot. I'd love to try a new combination later this year! Cheers

maybe you are.

15 levels no?

As long as content/progression/HeroAAs are DONE through 100, like it was 85, then I'm game for the new 100s =) ... #LazyGrinderRightHereLOL

I stumbled across an interesting workaround for Trade Skills and Heroic Characters. Level 100 chars begin with 150 skill points in all TS, thus higher level trophy quests. I created a traditional level 85 Heroic and received the beginner TS trophy quests (under 55 skill level.) After that I boosted that same char to 100, returning my level 85 quantity. I kept my TS quests even with new 150 skill points and was able to complete the beginner trophies without issue.

I stumbled across an interesting workaround for Trade Skills and Heroic Characters. Level 100 chars begin with 150 skill points in all TS, thus higher level trophy quests. I created a traditional level 85 Heroic and received the beginner TS trophy quests (under 55 skill level.) After that I boosted that same char to 100, returning my level 85 quantity. I kept my TS quests even with new 150 skill points and was able to complete the beginner trophies without issue.
sounds expensive =p

eaiser to make a lvl 1 for free, get 50 skills, get quests, then 100 boost

I just did the 150 trophy for alchemy on my booster character. It was super easy (all vendor bought). You then get a certificate to upgrade your trophy to lvl 3. I honestly found it easier than starting with the beginner trophy.

Might not be the same for all TS as I did all the others from beginner.

News - lvl 100 Heroics announcement!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back