• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Low DPS Berserker? lvl 60 (1 Viewer)

ctsfinest

RedCents
532¢
HI all - trying to pinpoint where I am going wrong here. I am using a basic KA .ini for my berserker who is level 60. Switched it up and tried RGMercs too but that didn't change things. Their weapon is an ornate defiant 2h blunt which does .722 damage ratio. Is it just because they are only 60 with little to no AAs that I do low DPS? Their DPS hovers around 40-50 per fight (last about 30-40 seconds usually). I tried using MQ2Berzerker on the test server, thinking about getting it to help improve, and it didn't seem to improve it much. They pretty much only do frenzy/disarm/kick when not doing burn dps. My SHD, NEC and WIZ do way more damage and I thought BER does insane dps, but maybe not until near 120? Any suggestions? Thank you.

Yeah I think you're just too low to be putting out the uber dps. If MQ2Berzerker doesn't bump you up any, it's safe to say you're maxed out for now. Time to hit those levels!

I'm guessing you won't see uber numbers until you get your first dicho, but it might be around 75-80 where zerkers start to really take off.

They are very gear based. Also, they have went up and down through the era's, I think around 70-85 they are good, then go back down for 86-100. Can get the hot zone augs, do the quest line to get non vis. Unless your on a TLP, shouldnt be at 60 for more then a couple hours.

Yeah I think you're just too low to be putting out the uber dps. If MQ2Berzerker doesn't bump you up any, it's safe to say you're maxed out for now. Time to hit those levels!

I'm guessing you won't see uber numbers until you get your first dicho, but it might be around 75-80 where zerkers start to really take off.
101 for dissi/braxi combo

BER underwhelmed until 101+ and it was night and day difference, and DPS exploded. As each gear changeover happened, the gaps became larger until I introduced the Rogue and ToL content.

A problem that a friend had was he was missing discs and the axe components needed. The only doing frenzy/disarm/kick sounds to me like one of those situations.

60 is hard place to judge even with full AA's as those slow start ramping up after really 70+

Awesome thanks all for the replies. I am up to date on disc/axe components but it seems like the axe components are only used for leg slice and head pummel etc?

Everyone is right about zerkers taking time to ramp up, but also keep in mind the defiant weapons are absolute trash. You should be able to find something better for very cheap at your level. Having said that, levels > all.

A feel like lvl 60 is a weird time for zerker, they are still almost just a warrior with frenzy and a couple more offensive things. Like you don't have Savage spirit, and the ax of graster/rallos line, and some other nice things?

Historically, zerker started to shine in omens, level 70 with epic 2.0. Zerkers have always been very aa dependant, with good gains from additional attacks and crit AAs.

Whenever I've come back from a break, I've always been disappointed with the zerker's dps, and they slowly develop into dps machine.

BER underwhelmed until 101+ and it was night and day difference, and DPS exploded. As each gear changeover happened, the gaps became larger until I introduced the Rogue and ToL content.
Agree 101+ is when they start to shine. On a different note finally made a rogue this weekend...got her to 115...oh man wtf have I been doing all these years...fingers crossed for mq2rogue blackfriday deal! Har

jason momoa love GIF

Yea, when I introduced mine, I was like woah! DPS through the roof. I will make a new group soon, but I want to see how well I can do with my caster group. MQ2 Nec is insane at my levels already on some of these fights.

Discussion - Low DPS Berserker? lvl 60

Users who are viewing this thread

Back