• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Looking for optimum 3box grind (1 Viewer)

RedCents
218¢
Hi team, I am finally venturing out of the lower levels of Everquest into the 105+ part of the game.
My main is basically Paladin Shadowknight or Warrior, they're on the same account and similar in power and I switch them out depending on what I feel like playing.
I have two other accounts, so will be running with three mercs (or none?)

What would be the best way to grind AAXP to max each level as I work my way through 105,106 etc maxing as I go?

People say bard is a no brain, but would two berserkers or rogue and berserker overall be better? Or would Shaman make enough of a DPS difference?

Thanks in advance

there are a lot of threads on groups and group makeups. would behoove you to take a look at those - you will likely get some shorter responses with "answering the same question fatigue"

important points:

- play what makes you happy
- don't worry about min maxing until min maxing is more important than fun/happy
- understand your needs/wants will change as your goals change
- the "holy trinity" is alive and well; tank, healer (clr or shm), cc
- healer mercs can help, but they fall pretty shy on actual characters, even just autogranted f2p cleric is way better
- you definitely want the CC/ADPS from a chanter or bard
- you definitely want to get 75/80+% AA before moving on in levels - zooming to 120 and having no matching AAs will hurt you
- ber or rog or ber ber is fine - but you are hurting yourself not having a bard with them

Hi team, I am finally venturing out of the lower levels of Everquest into the 105+ part of the game.
My main is basically Paladin Shadowknight or Warrior, they're on the same account and similar in power and I switch them out depending on what I feel like playing.

What would be the best way to grind AAXP to max each level as I work my way through 105,106 etc maxing as I go?

People say bard is a no brain, but would two berserkers or rogue and berserker overall be better? Or would Shaman make enough of a DPS difference?

Thanks in advance
If you're dead set on 3 chars...agree with @Sic

Optimal would be War/Enc/Cleric or SK/Bard/SHM...or mix and match as you like +3 rogue mercs

Thanks for your feedback and sorry to beat a dead horse! I’ve settled with Warrior and Enchanter, at the moment with a Druid as the third group member. I’ll report back to let you know how I get on 😀

Thanks in advance
I would suggest SK, SHM, BRD, 3x Melee DPS Mercs (or 1x Healer Merc, 2x Melee Dps Merc, ONLY if you're not comfortable solo healing on the shaman)...

You could also run PAL, SHM, BRD, 3x Melee DPS Mercs (but PAL is a VERY different playstyle in terms of tanking/threat/heals/cures etc... BUT then at least you gain your offheals in a tank instead of a merc, which is weak at best)

Just my two red:rcents.

[HINT: 🐻 You too can help prevent forum fires by also "red:rcenting" (click the :rc icon to the right ---->)

Lol for me best 3 has been Pal Shm Bard..... have all major buff categories covered, tank that also provides support heals and battle rezzes, debuffs and heals with shm, and great puller / cc / adps / utility with bard. 3 melee dps mercs work well there, 3 caster mercs would work fine as well (although the shm would benefit the melee mercs more), or 3 of whatever any other person wants to play in there.... Or as most of us end up doing, 3 of whatever other dps boxes you want to put in there and run your group of 6 lol!!!

War enc dru should be interesting though... I would think SK or pal would pair better with those two as the tank since they would benefit from the casting adps more than the warrior. But as Sic and others have pointed out, play what makes you happy and what you enjoy, everything else is just details :)

EQ is built around the holy trinity Tank, Heals, CC. then most go with 3 dps caster or 3 dps melee.
Tank classes, you have covered SK/Pally/War
Healers Clerc/Shaman/Druid - Most will use Cleric with a caster DPS group and Shaman with Melee DPS, Druids are pretty much used as backup secondary heals.
CC are Enc/Bard most use Enc with caster dps group and Bard with melee dps group.

With all that said as Sic stated earlier play what you enjoy. Do what you like there is so much content in EQ.

I think SK,BRD, and Shaman. But I think u should alrdy do all 6 in my opinion. Merc's are no where close to regular toons. Like another 2 rogues or another 2 zerkers plus a BST.

Paladin + Bard + Shaman. The double-ress is too powerful to ignore, and you'll have better buffs to go into battle with. Aggro is not an issue in the group game, and the Paladin's increased healing capability over the SK will help your shaman be on more of a DPS tilt than simply a healer role.
Plus, the Paladin is going to demolish nearly all of ToV, and some parts of CoV/ToL.

If you had room for a 4th, I would recommend a Rogue to burn mobs down with.

Thanks for your feedback and sorry to beat a dead horse! I’ve settled with Warrior and Enchanter, at the moment with a Druid as the third group member. I’ll report back to let you know how I get on 😀
Out of all of these suggestions provided, and yes, while you should play what you want...you chose the 3rd healer of 3 possible healers. You will struggle unnecessarily compared to the other suggested tank/heal combos. It may not be too late to change your mind. In either case, I wish you luck.

Discussion - Looking for optimum 3box grind

Users who are viewing this thread

Back