• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Level 2 - Paid Membership + Red Cents Sub (1 Viewer)

RedCents
380¢
I purchased a few months of membership with my RedCents, but I continue to get billed. Is there something else I need to do in order for it to use the 4 months I purchased with the redcents? I'm just not playing very much right now, but still want access to lurk around until I start playing again.

Thanks

I purchased a few months of membership with my RedCents, but I continue to get billed. Is there something else I need to do in order for it to use the 4 months I purchased with the redcents? I'm just not playing very much right now, but still want access to lurk around until I start playing again.

Thanks
You would want to cancel your recurring subscription

>>> Manage sub <<<

I have been a paid sub level 2 for awhile. My question is, I just purchased 2 months worth of level 2 with Red Cents. How is that going to work? Will my account simply not auto bill for 2 months? I was trying to find some sort of info under my account about it, but so far I cannot find my answer through the account section. My inclination would be to cancel the paid sub for now, and then re-sub once the redcents months were over. But just not sure. I don't want to lose my access at any point. Any insight would be helpful as to how this would work. Thanks guys!

"PayPal is no longer a method of new payment."
So if you decide to use redcents, you will lose your grandfathered in PayPal as payment?

Sorry for piggybacking off your post, but was always curiose how redcents worked as well for sub.

i sure wish paypal weren't so poopy to deal with these days
@Sic went full ...

Wax Off Youtube GIF by NETFLIX

Nice hair dude!

I have 2 questions:
1) I bought level 2 access with red cents on the 27th and still got charged on the 28th do I have to block red guides to stop it from auto-charging me even if I have purchased time available? If not how far in advance do I need to buy the lvl2 access to stop the auto charge?

2) Is there a way to get charged on the first instead of the last day of the month when I usually have $0 in my account?

I have 2 questions:
1) I bought level 2 access with red cents on the 27th and still got charged on the 28th do I have to block red guides to stop it from auto-charging me even if I have purchased time available? If not how far in advance do I need to buy the lvl2 access to stop the auto charge?

2) Is there a way to get charged on the first instead of the last day of the month when I usually have $0 in my account?
1. yes, you need to cancel your subscription to use redcents instead

2. dunno on that one

tagging red to answer the second one - he's travelling this week so might be a few days
@Redbot

1. yes, you need to cancel your subscription to use redcents instead

2. dunno on that one

tagging red to answer the second one - he's travelling this week so might be a few days
@Redbot
Ok, thanks I plan on getting more involved in the community and will probably use RC from now on but I wasn't sure if there was a way to buy the red cent level 2 ahead of time and have that trigger before it charged your credit card. Thanks for forwarding it to the person that can answer the question, you're the best.

Oops, good catch @Damon. Bought already last year several times lvl 2 access with redcents, presuming that they would automatically "consumed" before subscription would be charged again. Have not kept an eye on subscription-payment. Are the lvl 2 access-fees payed with Redcents somewhere "banked" and still usable?
I bought them, when I saw I had more Redcents available, than I wanted to use otherwise but did not want to cancel subscription because I am not sure if I am always able to contribute sufficient to keep it going only paying with redcents.
Is there somewhere a place where you can see, how many "banked" month of lvl 2 access bought with redcents your account possesses?

Last edited:
Oops, good catch @Damon. Bought already last year several times lvl 2 access with redcents, presuming that they would automatically "consumed" before subscription would be charged again. Have not kept an eye on subscription-payment. Are the lvl 2 access-fees payed with Redcents somewhere "banked" and still usable?
I bought them, when I saw I had more Redcents available, than I wanted to use otherwise but did not want to cancel subscription because I am not sure if I am always able to contribute sufficient to keep it going only paying with redcents.
Is there somewhere a place where you can see, how many "banked" month of lvl 2 access bought with redcents your account possesses?
I looked in my Redcent area and it shows the purchase but in items, it doesn't have an item like 1-month lvl 2 access sitting around. I don't know if it automatically uses it and tacks the time to the end but I checked my Paypal before canceling the subscription and it said the next scheduled payment was march 31st. So the auto pay subtracts monthly regardless and I can't find a place that shows your "level 2 in good standing until (blank date)".

If anyone knows where that is and possibly if we can put a timer there to remind us to spend our RedCents to stay current that would be great.

I looked in my Redcent area and it shows the purchase but in items, it doesn't have an item like 1-month lvl 2 access sitting around. I don't know if it automatically uses it and tacks the time to the end but I checked my Paypal before canceling the subscription and it said the next scheduled payment was march 31st. So the auto pay subtracts monthly regardless and I can't find a place that shows your "level 2 in good standing until (blank date)".

If anyone knows where that is and possibly if we can put a timer there to remind us to spend our RedCents to stay current that would be great.
I click my name up the top and then select "manage subscriptions" and that brings up a page with a window on the left that says:

EQ Level 2 Access (Monthly) expires 03/16/23 or which ever

and also there is a click link for the payment history over on the right.

If you go thru the Red Cent shop then you just buy your monthly access with red cents when you click on "one month of level 2" which costs 50 red cents and buy 1 or how many ever months you want. the shop does not show your next billing date.

I click my name up the top and then select "manage subscriptions" and that brings up a page with a window on the left that says:

EQ Level 2 Access (Monthly) expires 03/16/23 or which ever

and also there is a click link for the payment history over on the right.

If you go thru the Red Cent shop then you just buy your monthly access with red cents when you click on "one month of level 2" which costs 50 red cents and buy 1 or how many ever months you want. the shop does not show your next billing date.
I just came back here to say I found where the manage subscription area is and it looks like the RedCents I spent immediately throws the time to the end. It charged my account plus I bought a month with RedCents and it says I'm good till April.

Edit: wait I take that back because I forgot it's the end of February and 2 orders of 30 days don't go to April 1st that's only 33 days or so it looks like my 30 days bought with RedCents is missing.

Last edited:
Pretty sure it adds to the end of your subscription. But the payment processor doesn’t know and just charges you each month. So when you get charged you’ll have extra time.

Right now I think the only way is to cancel the reoccurring payment which will consume the months you bought with redcents.

Pretty sure it adds to the end of your subscription. But the payment processor doesn’t know and just charges you each month. So when you get charged you’ll have extra time.

Right now I think the only way is to cancel the reoccurring payment which will consume the months you bought with redcents.
I canceled my subscription about 5 hours ago and checked it about 30 min ago and it said I'm paid till April 1st.

I'll give it a day or two to see if it updates but April 1st is like 33 days so I was afraid since I bought the recent time 2 days before the end of the month it only counted till the end of that month and maybe I didn't know that you always have to buy RedCent time on the first of the month.

If I lose the RedCent purchase it's not too big a deal because people have already gifted me the cost of that purchase in this thread asking about it. 😂 I love this community.

Checked my history and noticed, that in 2022 I bought more than 12 month with Redcents. Subscription has been charged regulary. Canceled subscription. Can't find Information anywhere if those months bought with Redcents are banked somewhere and will count for the future.

Checked my history and noticed, that in 2022 I bought more than 12 month with Redcents. Subscription has been charged regulary. Canceled subscription. Can't find Information anywhere if those months bought with Redcents are banked somewhere and will count for the future.
Try doing what RedMonkey said, click your name, and then the "manage subscription" and the left panel will have your level 2 time end.
Then just figure out if the time you got in RedCents is 12 months after you canceled your subscription in auto-pay cash

Question - Level 2 - Paid Membership + Red Cents Sub

Users who are viewing this thread

Back