• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Let's discuss 6 boxing without a conventional tank (2 Viewers)

What should I put in my last two slots?

• Dru/Nec

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Dru/Mag

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Sham/Nec

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Sham/Mag

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Bst/Nec

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters
BiS is obviously raid gear, yes. It's Mischief, there's literally loot raining from the sky. I probably should have noted that is a large part of the reason I even did this. Perhaps HoT "gonna be a different beast" but I'll update this post when I inevitably beat all the content with this group.

I've already admitted that adding a tank would trivialize all the content and I'm not advising to anyone that they run the group I am. I just simply wanted to share my experiences.

Just one thing I despise about this community is that everyone believes that everything has been tested and there's only one way to play this game. Every single time I share about my group on any EQ forums, I get a dozen replies from people just telling me that I'm wrong for doing it this way and another dozen trying to tell me it will end up not working. I do fully realize that there's been a traditional way of playing this game that has existed for almost as long as I've been alive, but I just wish people were a LITTLE bit more open minded about off-meta stuff. You don't NEED to have a Tank/Heal/CC/3 DPS even if that's an optimal route to take.
so since you pm'd me and are all pitchforks and torches about it. I taco reacted this post because the "one thing i despise about this community" seem like a pretty harsh take.

you told people to knock you or whatever - which is also weird --- but i also don't see people being hostile or toxic in this thread - but you seem like you're primed for a fight about it.

1705539908914.png

I do think that what you said is a shitty take. and instead of wasting time with it, i just gave you a taco.

I didn't tell you to fuck off, putting those words in my mouth isn't ok.
I also said that i didn't wish to continue the conversation because you sound hostile and like you're looking for a fight - which i'm not interested in.

I don't know what this desire is to hit me with some bullshit, then turn it up to 11 and then cry foul like i did something.

RedGuides has a pretty great community and i think what you said is sad.

enjoy the taco

so since you pm'd me and are all pitchforks and torches about it. I taco reacted this post because the "one thing i despise about this community" seem like a pretty harsh take.

you told people to knock you or whatever - which is also weird --- but i also don't see people being hostile or toxic in this thread - but you seem like you're primed for a fight about it.

View attachment 56097

I do think that what you said is a shitty take. and instead of wasting time with it, i just gave you a taco.

I also said that i didn't wish to continue the conversation because you sound hostile and like you're looking for a fight - which i'm not interested in.

I don't know what this desire is to hit me with some bullshit, then turn it up to 11 and then cry foul like i did something.

enjoy the taco
@Sic don't cyber with strangers bud...how many times...it's a dude...it's always a dude

Always wear protection...

Safe Sex 90S GIF

these meme group posts always crack me up... I want to do x/ y and z but want the trashcan group to do well... but it no workie well.. why can't I has nice things?

I asked for advice 2 months ago. I came here to update and share my experience. Perhaps the word "despise" was too much but I did not say I despise this group, in fact I very much love this group of people. All I said is I despise how people respond to off-meta discussions, I don't see how that has anything to do with my qualification for input requests, and your opinion on my disqualification is irrelevant and I will continue to actively post here if I want input. These ARE EQ forums, they're not the main forums but these are EverQuest related forums. I wasn't just talking about the official forums, but good job on your correction.

Also, my premise is far from flawed. The Magician adds more ADPS to this group by way of keeping the swarm pet count above 7. I'm sure your SK does great damage with a 2h and I'm not denying that this is a possibility but you'll also be pretty close to a Bard in defensive stats without a shield. I don't see how it's relevant that your SK does as much damage as your Rogue when there's a signficant gear difference.

I'm still not advocating for this group composition or telling people to do it. I don't see how it offends so many people when I just share my experiences.
At risk of ending up in Fippy's, just wanted to address a couple of things.

Just one thing I despise about this community is that everyone believes that everything has been tested and there's only one way to play this game.
This pretty much says that you have multiple things that you despise about this community, and then tar everyone with the same brush. Maybe not your intention, but then be more careful with how you express it.

I don't see how that has anything to do with my qualification for input requests,
Wasn't intending to say others would not answer and provide help if they want. Just that personally, I would not be compelled to try to help someone who holds views contrary answers with such disdain. Especially after asking for contrary answers.
you'll also be pretty close to a Bard in defensive stats
That's where you demonstrate a lack of knowledge about real tanks. An SK's survivability and defensive abilities has little to do with the defensive stats. Maybe the Mage pets are good tanks. Bards, no.

I've tanked with a bard for a decade before getting a real one. It all came down to how well I could box. My bard was my raid toon and I had a shaman and rogue bot. I have tried alot of combos with and without real tanks, this game is too old to have anything new when It comes to combos. Do what you want and try what you want. I just don't like to waste my time anymore with combos that are going to wipe and work subpar. I have enough handicaps, just being me.

enjoy the taco
How is it sad to dislike literally one single thing about a community?

You didn't use the words "fuck off" but I sent you a message to legitimately hear your take and you told me you didn't want to have a conversation. I'm sorry if you felt like I was being hostile but I literally just asked what was wrong with my post, I don't see how that's hostile? I look up to you, like I said, so I wanted to hear your take. I wasn't trying to start a fight, I wasn't trying to cry foul like you did something or anything. I would not do something to attempt to paint you in a negative light and I'm sorry that you've taken my attempt to hear your opinion as such.

I only put that message about still loving you in Discord as a joke because you told me not to message you any more. I'm sincerely sorry it was taken so seriously.
This pretty much says that you have multiple things that you despise about this community, and then tar everyone with the same brush. Maybe not your intention, but then be more careful with how you express it.
HOW? I literally said "JUST ONE THING"??? If I had put "Just one single thing" would that have been more clear? Or if I had just said "There is one single thing"? I just actually don't know how to re-frame that statement to be clear that there's one thing.

Last edited:
Discussion - Let's discuss 6 boxing without a conventional tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Back