• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Less than two hours from nerf, FUCKING INSANE AA's (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd like to point out, during the drake egg exploit i got over 600 AA in 2 days and notta happened to my account. they didn't roll back and i didn't hear of any bans/suspensions. this could mean they will do the same thing and just fix the exploit, or tighten down and ban! so who knows.

KeithClancy said:
I've earned a few thousand aa between several characters the hard way. It would really bother me to know that all those days/months of sacrificed time was for nothing.

BURN THE WITCH! ITS AN SOE SPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

yeah KeithClancy why are you here? If you are wanting to just keep plugging away and getting nowhere like I have for 7 years then go ahead and leave. I am trying to keep up or get ahead thats why I am here. If you don't want anything easy then you have no buisness being here.

I can understand folks keeping the good stuff under wraps. But for petes sakes send me a pm on one of these aaexp sploits and earn some paypal funds!

Learningcurve said:
yeah KeithClancy why are you here? If you are wanting to just keep plugging away and getting nowhere like I have for 7 years then go ahead and leave. I am trying to keep up or get ahead thats why I am here. If you don't want anything easy then you have no buisness being here.

I have to say, I don't think that the point could be better made. Well said Learningcurve.. :drink

not the muffin quest
not the bone chip quest
not the crushbone belt quest
not the deathfist orc quest
not the redwine quest
not the wkino quest in gfaydark
not the other deathfist orc quest
not the felwithe batwing quest
not the left goblin ear quest
not the orc scalp quest
not the caiman quest
not crushbone shoulders
not field of bone bone quest ...
testing dagger quest in fob , fungus patch in kaladim , and a few others will post as i figure more out !

Last edited:
Clue-old world

Right off i think the dagger turnin in field of bone.

That may very well be it, I havent tried.

Or it may be the bandit sash turnin quest.

Lokfrog said:
Clue-old world

Right off i think the dagger turnin in field of bone.

That may very well be it, I havent tried.

Or it may be the bandit sash turnin quest.
kunark != oldworld.

What i dont understand is why now will be planned banns.
As TSS released guildmates got in a Nest Lesson Run i think every 2 or 3 Kills a AA and the server go fast down and it got be fixed.

What i now hear is that this "Bug" was since TSS Release.
I heard from somewhere the idea and i love this. That some programmer put it in for some friends/guildmates to get easy aa.

I think SOE can not make a rollback for a time since TSS Release.
I got 3 rollbacks on the time where the NPC Beta go to live servers.
Lost some Items from raiding. Also flags. Thanks.

SOE has the problem that there was a bug. They dont removed it instant. So they have to accept it that some player got a lot of aa.

and what i hear now it is not fixed than some quest npc give the same exp like befor.

just my 2 copper

Yeah they missed a few quests. The good ones are done but there is like 2 so far I worked that gave about 3 AA every 6 or so minutes. I don't consider this "old world" zone tho ..

/cry
i missed that one
i could have used it wisely = means no warp but runs and 40 to 50 AA gained no more
hope i could catch next train

wish you all won t get roll backs or bans
cross fingers

FunWithUs said:
I'll take the money I spend for my 12 accounts and spend it on something a bit more productive.
And I'll take the money I spend for my 237 accounts and.... I bet Sony is thinking now: "Damn! That guy got 12 accounts, we better not ban that guy or we'd loose $179,88 a month, we'll never survive such a loss".
3djoker said:
... I know leet secret, I'm not bragging, but I'm not gonna share and don't PM me about it cause I'm not gonna answer.. Look at how big "it" is *swings it*

Thanks for sharing TP, You've recieved a Red Cent for it, even though I didn't use the exploit :)

TP = Ambassador for the regular guy

3djoker probably knows fuck all , why he wont say anything

Btw ive figured out how to respawn the sleeper, but its my secret!

Trying to think of some obscure old quests. Checked the old Rogue Errands quest (bent playing cards), no love. Got xp messages on main, but bar didn't move at all.

If anyone who knows is feeling generous, please pm me. Didn't get a chance to check this out prior to the server shutdown because I was at work.

Regardless, ty for sharing TP.

dont know if i was fortunate or not. but i missed this one too since i was working. of course i ran around a little to see if i could find something that still worked. with no luck i gave up.

I sure could have used some AAs. =)

even though 600 seems a lil much. if you got away with it.. good job.

Learningcurve said:
yeah KeithClancy why are you here?

For the free compiles, neat plugins (which I can't readily find anywhere else), and the odd macro of course. I've been a paying customer of this site since long before the majority of people in this thread knew it existed. Obviously some of you don't read. It's not about not wanting to get ahead ... it's about hesitance to participate in the extremely dangerous (past lessons learned really hard).

Hate to say I told you so, but there are already a handful of confirmed bans on Quellious directly related to this exploit. As far as rollbacks ... well frankly I'm not to sure. People don't usually announce they were hackers unless their accounts have already been nuked. We'll see what today has in store for us.

I cheat. I macro. I warp (or used to until TSS). I used to sell nodrop gear to other players (back when that was possible). That said, I know the limitations of 'safer' versus mor dangerous hacks/exploits. This one was about as trackable as it could have been, but as soon as it hit Redguides ... flags were up. Redguides is about as air tight as a screen door ... this is usually the last place something is posted precisely for that reason. Once everyone knows about it, it's game over.

And yeah ... one of the quests is confirmed to be still working. No I won't be using it. It'd be about like putting on a deer suit and running around in the woods on the first few days of hunting season.

After reading a bit, please don't turn this thread into a flame war.

If you were banned, please confirm it.

Thank you TP for sharing this and let's hope not many get banned due to this exploit.

and yes, I agree with KC.

Be safe when you exploit.

The saying "too good to be true" comes to mind as I think about this exploit. YES it works, but SO many people were doing it that it was too good, leading to what may be bans. When i first posted that "i doubt there would be bans" I didn't think EVERYONE would be using it.

Please just be safe, stay away from the too good to be true exploits; and other exploits/plugins known to be hot at this current time.

I have been reading this thread for 2 days and its unfortunate that I didnt know about it before it was to late. I hate Sony ATM and will screw them whenever I get a chance. They screwed one of my toons when TSS was released and I cant get them to fix it. Although I am new to Reguides the problem I see is that if someone finds an exploit they are hesitant to tell about it because everyone knows Sony (the evil empire) trolls the boards. NO one is going to PM anyone that they arnt 100% sure about. And can we really be 100% sure about anyone ? :( /shrug Ohhh Well back to regular exp grind.

The reason people don't post or PM the incredible shit is it inevitably gets out of control. Someone tells their roomate/best_friend ... who tells their friend ... who tells their ... eventually it gets into the wrong set of hands and is leaked to the general population. Folk get pissed and petition /feedback ... servers come down and it's immediately nerfed.

Domino effect. It has less to do with sony devs trolling the various boards looking for things to nerf and more to do with the fact that once these things are abused on a massive scale suddenly it draws tons of attention and angst against our community (the cheaters at large). Sony isn't sitting around trying to find ways to foil our community. If they really wanted to kill us off (they don't ... they like our money too much) they could do it pretty damn easily. Large-scale exploitation and high-profile hacking that draws the attention of the 'normies' out there forces their hand to take corrective action.

I don't trust you. I don't expect you to trust me. If I have something really really good I keep it to myself and maybe my closest in game and RL friends. If you have something really good I don't expect you to share it with me. Sorry, but redguides doesn't cost enough to promote the kind of community where you can expect precious things to stay under wraps. At 5 bucks a month everyone and their mother is a member. It's a great place to come and get macros, plugins, and neat compiles and it's worth every penny i pay monthly. The very hardcore shit is found buried in isolated communities you have to be 'inducted' into. Basically you have to be a hacker/dev who contributes extensively to the community. Instead of paying money you pay with your skills, and instead of mediocre vanilla compiles you have access to some of the most intense stuff and exploits available.

The first rule of fight club ... :#

What Keith said, don't expect things for paying 5$, you are already getting more than your money worth. Put in some time into the community and you might get a much larger return.

Not deathfist belts or Dwarven ale in EFP
Not the East cabilis ale quest
But perhaps are we missing something? did they nerf the exp for the level 1s? maybe we need to try it with like level 5+ not sure :confused:

I think it's funny how many pages this thread has grown to. What the heck, I'll add my 2 bits for good measure.

* Yes, Redguides is easily worth the price. I can mooch of off other people's work and use my limited time getting direct benefits. :rolleyes:

* No, Redguides doesn't have all the best and/or latest/hottest exploits. As expected, this community is like a Huge spotlight. (I'm envisioning the great Sauron eye roving the landscape in Lord of the Rings, he, he) Once the great eye focuses on something, it's power quickly destroys it. Our collective power should not be underestimated.

* No, I did not use this exploit or try to find any leftovers after the nerf. After stories of hordes of players mobbing certain zones, I decided to stay far away from the great Eye lest I be destroyed as well. If many of you get to keep your gains, then more power to you. To me, it wasn't worth the chance. Let them Ban the low hanging fruit and leave me to my quieter exploits... Um, hate to sound selfish or insensitive but (If it happens) hopefully the Ban quota will be filled with frenzied sploit-devourers---and maybe that'll take the heat off of me for a bit. Because, I ain't perfect either...

Oh, and to answer the question of how to find out about things earlier. One good way is to keep your eyes open...

Let's say you notice in the Baz that a certain player, let's call him HalflingMan, is auctioning some items at below half price. The next evening Mr. HalflingMan is auctiong the same items again real cheap. Duh, research those items on allah and figure out where HalflingMan is spending most of his time ... it ain't that hard.

Here's an actual story of mine from last year. I was browsing a web site that listed actual recorded selling prices of items gleaned from submitted player log files. I wanted to find a tradeskill something that I could make and sell for a profit. Certain fishing lures seem to be selling at a rediculous price. The database must be wrong, right?

So I made a couple stacks of lures and put them in trader at this rediculous price, and they sold that very night. Now most of you know this one already, (it is long since nerfed) but it didn't take much deduction to figure out why they were so valuable. They had a high tribute value. This was all about deduction, keeping my eyes open, and turning over some obscure stones. I learned this one months before it became widely known. (I didn't have MQ at that time to tell me tribute values, I was a newb and barely knew what tribute was.)

There's your example. Tinker, experiment, and keep your eyes open for what others are doing.

WTF. I expect everyone to PM me uber exploits just because I have 2 posts and ask for the PMs.

Ok, sorry. Sarcasm off. Yeah, it sucks that I miss out on just about all bugs like this. But I still have fun playing the game with the few tips I do know. I don't even have another account I could have used this with. I wasn't going to post anything here, but since it's at 8 pages, I figured why not? Plus, class is boring. If only EQ fit on my flash drive.

ill paypal someone some cash for the info to this, i am willing to pay a reasonable amount for this information, it will stay with me and not be passed on, just looking to get a few extra aa...any information would be GREAT!!

forcecrash said:
ill paypal someone some cash for the info to this, i am willing to pay a reasonable amount for this information, it will stay with me and not be passed on, just looking to get a few extra aa...any information would be GREAT!!
Ditto to that :#

3djoker probably knows fuck all , why he wont say anything

honostly, i wasn't bragging, i wasnt rubbing anything in. take it how YOU see it.

all i was saying is. . . . this isnt the only thing in game that you can get nice rewards for. i was simply saying.. don't think this is the last thing that will ever happen/can happen.

if i give my word to someone i won't tell anyone about something, i hold to it. i may have said "keep looking, its out there" but i never gave details about anything. you tell me you robbed a bank and you might do it again cuase it was so easy cuase their was no cameras in it and no one watchs it, i may say.. "damn someone told me a bank in the state doesn't have any security in it. anyone could rob it for a limited time." doesn't mean i said where or how to do it. just that it is possible to get rich if you REALLY wanted to.

don't hate me for trying to help the best i can. im not looking for fame/fortune. just trying to help THE BEST I CAN.

and i appologize for doing it. (don't hate cause you don't know what to look for, or know how to look for it please.)

From the SOE forums:
On Thursday, October 19, from 2pm PDT until 3pm PDT we will be performing database maintenance which will affect the login servers for EverQuest. During this time period you will be unable to log into the game. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Our next Game Update is scheduled for Wednesday, October 25th starting at approximately 4am PDT. We expect the ETA to be about 6 hours.

Maybe the AA fix ??
I am sure i have never seen a patchmessage about database in the last years.

well if they are gonna fix it tomorrow or next week, why not pass it on out and let everyone enjoy some happiness in EQ

...so that more people can be banned and/or have their accounts rolled back?

Swell idea there mate. Sony isn't gonna let this one slip through the cracks ... they've already come out and said as much. Why would you want to do something when you know for a fact it's going to burn you. There's no risk/reward here because the risk is an absolute and the reward is null.

cause the account i have now i dont care for so either way it will die...........the term "Use at your own risk", does come to mind and even using MQ is against EULA so we all are at risk some more than others, so to each there own i guess

Just like any exploit SOE caused it with thier lack of skills of programming. If they actually took the time to beta test the expansion instead of mass producing the damn things to make more and more money they would actually have something that wouldn't be bugged to cause them to have such a issue. After every expansion thier is constant patching over and over.

We all know the beta test is just a waste of time and its just to pump up the public to cause more sales for some people to get the inside loop of what it looks like. The fact the aa exploit has been there since the expansion release is thier fault. Should we be punished for it? No. Someone found out by having thier new race grouped with thier main and doing those same quest some use to gain exp fast without actually killing mobs to result in a huge exp increase for a bonus.

I'm sorry to say I know SOE watches these boards and see whats being created. yes it was posted on MMObugs first and after a few days redguides it was posted. That day it was posted on Redguides it was in the process of being taken down for patch to fix it. yes it was announced on SOE boards but still nothing was done for a few days. If people don't post stuff like that it doesnt really get nerfed but until they do it a give or take a few hours and servers go down to fix it. I don't blame some people for not posting some stuff.

With that being said I really don't think SOE can do much about it since this has been active since the expansion release. They can say they are but I have heard that same story everytime.

dont forget a roll back announced can be very profit ) cause when they run an automatic roll back you can duplicate all you have in bank ) and off cause on you now it is more profitable when shared bank was usable cause can give all aug and big stuff duped to alt
now if you pretty you get roll back soon put all item with higher price on a corpse then wait the roll back and the dupe item ) generaly they dont roll back de shared bank

Less than two hours from nerf, FUCKING INSANE AA's
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back