• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Less than two hours from nerf, FUCKING INSANE AA's (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... I remember doing Tumpy Tonics a few years back, and they nerfed the quest in a patch... I gained nearly 30 levels on my wizard doing tumpy turn-ins... No roll back to this date. Frankly KeithClancy, I do not see the sky falling, but I hear a lot of talk from you about it.

I gained thousands of AAs on my characters the hard way over the years, but I do not feel it was a waste. From what I can tell, the only people I have seen that are pissed off are the ones that didn't get to utilize the quest to power up their toon.

If Sony wants to ban me, I say let them. I'll take the money I spend for my 12 accounts and spend it on something a bit more productive. :) I'm sure that WoW or AO would love to gain some new customers...

jesus...why would anyone have 12 accounts....

and this is a newer date than a year ago.. sounds like thier stronger then ever with exploiters.

FunWithUs said:
Frankly KeithClancy, I do not see the sky falling, but I hear a lot of talk from you about it.

There's a difference between 'oh noz teh sky iz folling' and 'hey bud ... suchandsuch is a lot more dangerous than usual and you might want to think twice before partaking'. If you don't like the advice I have to give you can simply ignore it. I've been cheating in EQ since long before Redguides. I've learned a few hard lessons in the past, and correcting my approach has helped me stay off the radar. I haven't warped since TSS. 3 very good longstanding friends of mine who I actually got started on MQ did not listen to my advice and can now no longer log in and play everquest. They all got automated emails about warping etc etc ... /ban

Some of us here may not care about their individual EQ accounts and are open to taking their money somewhere else. My words are directed at those individuals that would frankly rather keep playing the game they love on the accounts they originally started with 5-6 years ago. Not everyone is completely indifferent about the status of their accounts.

This was a very neat find indeed and Redcent was given to the submitter. This isn't something I would have personally used, and if I had gotten to this thread quicker I would have tossed in a warning.

A warning which anyone can easily choose to ignore. That's your perogative. I'd like to think that maybe I've helped at least one person along the way avoid the ban stick.

Raghnell:
"We have no plans to do a rollback but we are currently investigating a solution that will result in selective corrections of the those that exploited this bug."

Kytherea:
"Yes we are wokring on a solution to deal with the people who participated in the exploit only, not to punish everyone regardless of whether they were part of it or not.

We will NOT be making it public knowledge who participated though, this is just something we do not do. Please accept that we are working on a solution and will deal with those who participated."

I used a second acct with ghosting on (which makes warping somewhat safe as it doesn't trigger the primary check). I should've mentioned that first heh.

Yeah this was on MMOBugs before it was on RedGuides, I didn't find out it was made public by them until a few hours before I posted this or it would've been up earlier.

TeachersPet said:
I used a second acct with ghosting on (which makes warping somewhat safe as it doesn't trigger the primary check). I should've mentioned that first heh.

Would you mind elaborating on this, TP?

--Jimbo

When you are ghosted your Location is locked on the server.. If I am not mistaken atm they are checking the deltas between movement packets . Locked location should mean the server registers no movement on your part.

At the very least I think those that got stoopid AAs can expect a rollback, much the same as those who bought/sold the TS items from the venors in PoK back in what was it? PoR? No hacks were needed but SoE still didn't allow those who used the vendors to benefit by it.

I wouldn't be surprised tho if the people who used any hacks to do it didn't get hit with the ban stick.

flintbox said:
So did it get nurfed for sure anyone try it out since patch?
if you (or anyone~) find a way that ISN'T nerfed to sploit this or something similar, PM me and I'm sure we can work something out, heh.

all i have to say is.........

i love shit like this......

when i seen this i thought "call off work for 1 hour worth of insane exp" then i thought ... "wait, everyone and their mother will be doing this". which lead to ..... sony gonna be pissed = banns, roll back, waste of a day off.

this will take some time to figure out who sucked this up.

which in turn = awesome for me. ! . ! . ! .

<--------- didn't take advantage of this. said screw it, let others enjoy and hope thousands take advantage of it.

which leads me to my next point................

AWESOME..... now i don't have to worry about sony watching me find/do exploits i know. so in turn...................................

<-------------- safe for a few days doing "top secret" stuff that sony knows nothing bout !!! :)

redcent for jooo TP (for those new to here, MQ2 forums, whereever-- teacherspet) for buying me time to get half what you posted but just as dangerous :) and in the long run, just as rewarding.

you rock my friend.

p.s. not bragging or trying to get a million PMs... but there is STILL AT LEAST 1 turn in quest like this that rewards about half what this one did. (i gaurentee its not public at all cuase it was found by a close RL friend of mine by complete accident while he was PLing a toon of his).

i WILL NOT ANSWER any PMs about this at all, so don't bother. but hope someone else finds it. just so you can get awesome AA while sony turns thier backs and concentrates elsewhere.

Lol, well waving it in peoples faces is considered "Bragging" imo. Why even say that theres another quest out when you won't tell anyone. :confused:

3djoker said:
p.s. not bragging or trying to get a million PMs... but there is STILL AT LEAST 1 turn in quest like this that rewards about half what this one did. (i gaurentee its not public at all cuase it was found by a close RL friend of mine by complete accident while he was PLing a toon of his).

i WILL NOT ANSWER any PMs about this at all, so don't bother. but hope someone else finds it. just so you can get awesome AA while sony turns thier backs and concentrates elsewhere.

Found it!

Don't tell me they only nerfed Bone Chips and Small Pieces of Velium rather than the root problem?

Are they banning people, suspending people or just doing selective AA rollbacks. PLEASE share with us lol. Would be curious to know what punishment others are getting for this.

As of yet, nothing has has happened to anyone I know. Of course, they used a different version of the same bug that noone else knew about. I don't think that makes them any safer than anyone else.

I am sure they have a lot of logs to go through. I would imagine they are trying to tweak it so that 'innocent' people aren't rolled back. I wouldn't expect anyone to be banned for just this, but it wouldn't surprise me if they catch some folks warping around while they are digging through the logs and through the book at them.

SOmeone mentioned a confirmed ban, and we're over here itching to know you know. perm ban or just suspension lol. Wish they would do what they need to do soon, get it over with.

Why even say that theres another quest out when you won't tell anyone
so people still have some hope. don't think cuase you don't know something, its not there.

Found it!

i seriously hope you did. if you did. max as many toons as ya can before sony watchs that one too.

I'm sure they gonna go for the complete dip shits who decided to MAX their AAs rather then hide a tad under the radar and go for a more then comfortable amount. Guy I know on Innouruk was one of them dipshits who maxed. Roll back to 10/09/06 1:15 PM PST. Not only did he get wiped the AA he made but all the progressive DOD's we knocked out. LOL 1 week for nothing. I just got the needed AAs (like 600 =P) and stoped. Oh and to the kids out here claiming you found new ones. STFU already....Enjoy em dont abuse em. You broadcast on sites like this and some kid who cant get the info is gonna cry to Sony and next thing you know we WILL be getting rolled back.

You think they won't already be looking for other ways that people are exploiting experience? You would think that since IT JUST HAPPENED WITH ANOTHER QUEST they would be watching for people to find it on others. Just kind of makes sense imo.

philthy said:
I'm sure they gonna go for the complete dip shits who decided to MAX their AAs rather then hide a tad under the radar and go for a more then comfortable amount. Guy I know on Innouruk was one of them dipshits who maxed. Roll back to 10/09/06 1:15 PM PST. Not only did he get wiped the AA he made but all the progressive DOD's we knocked out. LOL 1 week for nothing. I just got the needed AAs (like 600 =P) and stoped. Oh and to the kids out here claiming you found new ones. STFU already....Enjoy em dont abuse em. You broadcast on sites like this and some kid who cant get the info is gonna cry to Sony and next thing you know we WILL be getting rolled back.

BTW - Didn't you get the info from here? If nobody posted it, you'd be lacking 600~ish aa's sir.

wish a better hint than old world was given out, for some of us EQers that havent been around that long dont really know about the old quest

Doubtful MDARG the mac im talking about has been out for about 4 years now its just very very very low key.

Not the redwine in Neriak
Not the Whino quest in Greater fay
Not the Left ear in Highpass keep
Not caiman quest
Not Bone chips turnin at FOB
If anyone has help Please PM ;p

Last edited:
MDARG said:
BTW - Didn't you get the info from here? If nobody posted it, you'd be lacking 600~ish aa's sir.

Where did I ever say I learned the info from here? lol I showed the guy who got rolled back 3 days prior to the 9th. No Sir I gained them AA back when the rest of us were being hush hush about this. And from what I can see this topic was posted um what? 2 hours before patch?

At least someone shared something =~. It's hard to get cool info on exploits these days, specially with people like joo~!

damn yeah I always find out about this after the fact too
I love how its given out at the last remaining houyrs so others can share (or hide) the others folly, you would think at least a few folks could get a PM on things so they can enjoy before the nerf stick comes flyin

Less than two hours from nerf, FUCKING INSANE AA's
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back