• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - Labor Day Weekend PC Sales (1 Viewer)

dontrootmebro

RedCents
1,271¢
Looking to purchase a new PC while there are sales going on. I don't feel like building one from scratch.
If anyone knows of any good sales, please post them. Budget is under $2k.
Here is one that seems decent that I have found thus far.

I don't keep up on hardware that much anymore but I'm pretty sure there is a whole new generation of nVidia graphics cards which just landed like yesterday or something and they are a big upgrade on the previous 20x0 cards. I looked for benchmarks online and there were none yet but I assume there will be lots within the next day or so. It could be that the 3070 is faster than the 2080 super and yet cheaper too. Maybe. Idk. But worth checking out. And if you want the best of the best then the 3080 or 3090 or whatever will be the new top dog. Expensive though. I read that people were selling their 2080 supers on ebay for a fraction of what they paid for them. Maybe you could get a bargain from someone who is upgrading to a 3xxx and just wants a few $$ for their 2080 in a fast sale.

I don't keep up on hardware that much anymore but I'm pretty sure there is a whole new generation of nVidia graphics cards which just landed like yesterday or something and they are a big upgrade on the previous 20x0 cards. I looked for benchmarks online and there were none yet but I assume there will be lots within the next day or so. It could be that the 3070 is faster than the 2080 super and yet cheaper too. Maybe. Idk. But worth checking out. And if you want the best of the best then the 3080 or 3090 or whatever will be the new top dog. Expensive though. I read that people were selling their 2080 supers on ebay for a fraction of what they paid for them. Maybe you could get a bargain from someone who is upgrading to a 3xxx and just wants a few $$ for their 2080 in a fast sale.
I would definitely hold off a bit before jumping on the GTX-30xx cards. The cards are built to PCI Express 4.0 specifications. Although PCI Express 4.0 is CURRENTLY the only option out there, PCI Express 5.0 was fully approved 12MAR2020 and PCI Express 6.0 specification is nearing completion. It won't take long for either AMD or Intel (probably AMD first if history is any indication) to abandon PCI Express 4.0 in favor of the massive improvements provided by PCI Express 5.0---just a FYI...

Tech - Labor Day Weekend PC Sales

Users who are viewing this thread

Back