• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - KissAssist vs MuleAssist (1 Viewer)

notadoctor

RedCents
20¢
Hey folks,

Like the title says, I'm wondering what the major differences are between KissAssist and MuleAssist. I've gotten pretty comfortable over the last few months with KA, but I've been hearing that Mule works more fluidly. Any insight would be helpful.

- Thanks

One of the things that I loved about MA whenever I used it was that there were more line of sight solutions. With KA sometimes, your assist characters will get stuck behind a piece of geometry/rock and just sit there. With MA, there’s a setting that remedies this somewhat.

I think they're both fine macros. What tends to win me over is on the MA side, there's the plugin. Sadly the ini formats are just different enough between the two that the plugin will really only work for MA. I'm inherently lazy so quickly upgrading abilities and saving new spell gems to mem is a plus.

That plugin tho.
Makes it too easy. Couple of clicks and you've upgraded all your spells.
Conditions are so easy with the condition builder.
Not to mention the ease of memming spells and making new spell sets.

Pulling - Kiss Assist
Charm - Mule Assist
Tank - Kiss Assist
Condition Building - Mule Assist
Mezz - Kiss Assist
Buffs - Kiss Assist (Too Buff Manager works. OOG Mule Assist works on initial, never rebuffs)
Buff requesting - Mule Assist (cant still run your macor and engage in TellNSpell behaviour)

Pulling - Kiss Assist
Charm - Mule Assist
Tank - Kiss Assist
Condition Building - Mule Assist
Mezz - Kiss Assist
Buffs - Kiss Assist (Too Buff Manager works. OOG Mule Assist works on initial, never rebuffs)
Buff requesting - Mule Assist (cant still run your macor and engage in TellNSpell behaviour)
Lemons has reworked some of the Mez features and the next release I think will work much better.

I have tried both - and the Mule Plugin really is a step in the right direction. Drag and drop spells and abilities is fantastic. and the ability to right click and see TLO's etc is really great. Also Mule is a little better at error handling. It will tell you if you are using the wrong Spell - or the spell has been changed. Also creating hotkeys for you - Some really great improvements there.

MA really screws with my OCD though - it re-writes the ini file and Shit is all over the place!
So as good as the MA plugin is - I still end up looking at the ini file a lot and then re-editing it over and over so in the end I have remained using KA.

It's the plugin that rewrites things in the ini as you change stuff with the plugin. I feel ya though; I hate looking at the ini and seeing stuff out of order lol.

One day I'll write something that will go through the entire ini and sorts it.

Now what about modbot? I personally think that deserves a spot in the KA vs MA area. It's really just as simple to setup but the scripting and events is just...... exquisite? I think the word would be to use. I love being able to write events/script for raids and work perfectly.

Biggest difference this:

You had me at the Lucy thing, for reals. The condition builder with an auto list of tll's or whatever they are called, that is
giphy.gif

To confirm, Mule Assist is one of those things I eagerly await the next update. Because almost every single day, there is an update, or a potential of one (just whether or not Lemons wishes to push it out or not).

This tool is constantly being worked and re-worked, and you can physically see it happening. As is the case with something, it does mean at times you feel like a stress tester, however, everyone working on this project is extremely helpful and supportive. It is not a finished project, in that sense, but does have lots of promise.

I can easily see this surpassing Kiss Assist in terms of mainstream and popularity.

Hello! Setting up for the first time and I'm excited. Can someone please guide me if I should start with KissAssist first or should I go straight for MuleAssist?

If you read the entire thread then you know there are things to be said for both macros. However right now I'd give the nod to MuleAssist. It just works better more of the time. I spent a long time on KissAssist and I still maintain and run it sometimes when I'm troubleshooting. But Mule just runs smoother and seems less inclined to problems right now. And that could change tomorrow as they release updated versions!

If you read the entire thread then you know there are things to be said for both macros. However right now I'd give the nod to MuleAssist. It just works better more of the time. I spent a long time on KissAssist and I still maintain and run it sometimes when I'm troubleshooting. But Mule just runs smoother and seems less inclined to problems right now. And that could change tomorrow as they release updated versions!

That's kinda what I figured.

Question - KissAssist vs MuleAssist

Users who are viewing this thread

Back