• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Keep bots on my guild or make my own guild? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
504¢
began using kissassist at the beginning of this year with my old necro,
With the help of RG community and tons
Of mac/Lua/config i soon set up my 1st
Group(sk,shm,bard,mag,rog and my necro) ,then grp2 and grp3…

Now my guildee seems found that I am
Boxing using scripts on my tons while i was leveling my grp3 using houseofthule macro, my 3babies say to npc at same time with no pausepause😂

Im not sure if they are friendly with scripts,
Should I tell them or just make a new guild for myself's evil army?

If they are already signaling to you that you are automating, I would leave the guild and venture off on your own as it's only a matter of time before you'll get petitioned multiple times by your guild mates. It's a more likely scenario than not from my experience. MQ life is often a lonely one in game.

Leave the guild and don't join another with toons that use scripts. It will only lead to bad news. Start your own guild if you'd like to have a place to park them.

And as others have said, never, under any circumstances, tell anyone in game you cheat.

I don't care if they ask you directly," Do you use mq2 as well?"

The answer is no never heard of it.

Also would suggest keeping the scripting to places where it's just you. Never do it with anyone around.

Yea I would make your own guild. MQ is a lonely game existence, but hey you can play EQ they way you want with whatever classes you want whenever you want.

I play on a low population server where boxing is a necessity and mq is way more common than people think.

If you’re happy in the guild I’d be more careful with your mimic key and stick around and see what happens.

I’ve never been hit with a ban or anything either so maybe I’m just ignorant of the dangers..

I’ve never been hit with a ban or anything either so maybe I’m just ignorant of the dangers..
Playing the odds is more or less what's happening. There are two types of MQ users. Those who have gotten suspended / banned, and those that are going to get suspended / banned.

Yea I would make your own guild. MQ is a lonely game existence, but hey you can play EQ they way you want with whatever classes you want whenever you want.

EQ is more or less a single player game anymore. Either you box / MQ to play, or you are a solo player that will quit half a dozen times every year or two, because it's just too frustrating to play alone. :shrug:

The worst they can do is boot you out of the guild. NBD. Don't tell the guildy anything. Deny any accusation, but if they're set on booting you out, just leave.

Without knowing what type of guild your in, I'm going to assume that it's a basic casual, non-raiding guild. If that's the case then there's really nothing to worry about. Make them boot you, don't just up and leave. But also work on your obfuscation game. Like you said, you're using a macro that makes it real obvious you're automated. Stop that or figure out a way to make it look more natural. I kinda question why you even need a group 3 if all you're going to do is run some continuous instance flipping macro. Go out and actually play the game. Take your group to different expansions to see parts of the game you've never experienced. Find and area you like, but also be ready to pick up and move around from time to time. The instance flipping is really easy for a non-MQer to spot just by looking at the guild roster and seeing that the same group is always in the same instance for hours on end.

brad pitt ms GIF

Deny all knowledge.

Make a new guild for your "evil group"

If he is against it then he WILL be turning you in and you will possibly lose all your hard work. Why play with fire?

Save Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

not being tin foil or anything - but make a guild for your alt army if needs be. If you really want to keep a "main" in that guild because of something they bring to your experience, just leave one toon flagged with them and bail with the rest.

My guildies uses bots, no doubt.. But I know there are other guilds that hunt bot-users and reports em like it was a sport.

So, keep the bot-thing for yourself unless you know the other one also uses bots.

With out knowing your situation it is hard to tell.

I'm in a raiding guild and I'm fairly open with my use but I'm also very careful to use responsibly ( no afk xping, no KS'ing, etc.)

I also regularly add guild members to my PL groups and mini raids and generally try to be as inclusive as possible.

In my opinion the biggest danger we have is DBG being forced to do blanket wide MQ suspensions to curb the open exploitation of the game. The folks who are running 24/7 and selling PL/raid loot draw a lot of attention.

My guildies uses bots, no doubt.. But I know there are other guilds that hunt bot-users and reports em like it was a sport.

So, keep the bot-thing for yourself unless you know the other one also uses bots.
I know a few players that think they have to be the server police for some reason. They make it a point to KS my pulls, and send harassing messages. It's annoying and unnecessary. Whenever I have been harassed, I just log off for an hour and take a break. That way they can move on to their next target.

So most people these days are pretty chill about it, honestly it's the way the game has gone, MQ was the solution to the lack of groups and the need to have gameplay where you could pick up where you left off yesterday. Some people are just jerks about it but I feel like if you try to understand where they are coming from (I redirect people that want to talk about how negative MQ has been for the game all the time), I've found that they maybe either wish they could use it, or wish the game was more social. I learned in sales a long time ago that people always have an underlying argument to why they don't do something. So for some they don't feel they have the money or know how to do MQ (what it actually is), or maybe they just like grouping with real people (gross)! It's just really important to not KS or be a jerk yourself with your tools. You don't have to leave but you should be aware of the tone they are talking to you in. Feel free to agree with them about whatever they are saying in the first place, it will help you further them to their point of what they are actually trying to say. I never have had problems, I believe that is because I try to be respectful, if I feel I made a mistake with someone I try to speak with them and sort it out if I can. It's a control thing, people look for someone to blame for why they are having a hard time in the game, easier to blame someone else than themselves of course, lol! I figure, if I get banned I already know how to MQ like a mofo so ill just make another team haha! But honestly everyone is anon like as if that doesn't make them look more guilty of botting, its completely obvious if your running 6 characters and always off with them in some obscure zone and not grouping sillies! If people vocalize, and they often will, I figure I have a couple of choices, be quiet so I don't say something stupid, or go straight at it if your the type that can confidently smooth it over with others. The game really does not need more hiding /antisocial behavior though from my perspective, just be friendly and polite and hope for the best. Leaving would be rude over being asked 1 question, just so you know, and Timboslice is right, that will DEF make you look 100% guilty! (As if they didn't already know for calling you out). One last thing, about the reason they said that, they could just be teasing you trying to make conversation depending on what they said. Trying to get your attention! You MQ, you have more time to chat, contribute to EQ by bein social, don't let others lead the conversation if your uncomfortable, change the topic!

So most people these days are pretty chill about it, honestly it's the way the game has gone, MQ was the solution to the lack of groups and the need to have gameplay where you could pick up where you left off yesterday. Some people are just jerks about it but I feel like if you try to understand where they are coming from (I redirect people that want to talk about how negative MQ has been for the game all the time), I've found that they maybe either wish they could use it, or wish the game was more social. I learned in sales a long time ago that people always have an underlying argument to why they don't do something. So for some they don't feel they have the money or know how to do MQ (what it actually is), or maybe they just like grouping with real people (gross)! It's just really important to not KS or be a jerk yourself with your tools. You don't have to leave but you should be aware of the tone they are talking to you in. Feel free to agree with them about whatever they are saying in the first place, it will help you further them to their point of what they are actually trying to say. I never have had problems, I believe that is because I try to be respectful, if I feel I made a mistake with someone I try to speak with them and sort it out if I can. It's a control thing, people look for someone to blame for why they are having a hard time in the game, easier to blame someone else than themselves of course, lol! I figure, if I get banned I already know how to MQ like a mofo so ill just make another team haha! But honestly everyone is anon like as if that doesn't make them look more guilty of botting, its completely obvious if your running 6 characters and always off with them in some obscure zone and not grouping sillies! If people vocalize, and they often will, I figure I have a couple of choices, be quiet so I don't say something stupid, or go straight at it if your the type that can confidently smooth it over with others. The game really does not need more hiding /antisocial behavior though from my perspective, just be friendly and polite and hope for the best. Leaving would be rude over being asked 1 question, just so you know, and Timboslice is right, that will DEF make you look 100% guilty! (As if they didn't already know for calling you out). One last thing, about the reason they said that, they could just be teasing you trying to make conversation depending on what they said. Trying to get your attention! You MQ, you have more time to chat, contribute to EQ by bein social, don't let others lead the conversation if your uncomfortable, change the topic!
Not reading that wall of text.

Please use paragraphs

I'd just make your own guild. If u find people u think u trust enough, let them group with you or w/e...

Personal experience is once they get everything they want from you, or once u think it's time to help out the next person instead of them... u have a 50/50 chance of them suddenly realizing what you do. doesn't matter how nice you are, it matters what type of people they are.

My opinion on this has changed completely from last year. most people r good. some are douches. U gotta be 100% on this or you get screwed. Don't take the chance. it only takes 1 douche

ZD

Yea you are right there Zeus, really you can't trust people or they may try to find ways of punishing you when they are angry. I still feel we can do our best towards others and just skim over the part of admitting what we do, lol. Change the focus to them talking about themselves usually works well. It's hard we all have had negative experiences with people, I still feel that shouldn't stop us from ever talking to anyone though!

I feel the same way as the majority of the posters here. I have a small army of bots, and I created a bot guild for them long before I started using MQ. In fact I only started using MQ in the last few months.

But I kept my main one or two toons in a raid guild, which didnt really care about automation, as long as you were not a dick about it, and never do it in raids. Since then, I have moved my mains back into the bot guild and do my own thing. I am always slightly behind the curve with the time I take off from EQ, so I am rarely in a situation where my group is in competition with anyone else for mob camps. As a couple people have pointed out, playing EQ basically requires you to box these days.... the community has diminished that much. So you can box 2-3 with mercs and hit the tab button constantly, or use MQ2.

To end the post, I would agree 100% with what others have said. Do not discuss MQ2 with anyone. Period. People are generally good, but everyone can have a bad day, or say something in anger.

I feel some people are overprotective. I like to socialize with like minded folks. I think I am mature enough to handle that at 53. You don't have to share my opinion, or my guild.

I like the Social Aspect of The Game. And I like to believe I am a good judge of character. So who better for me to Guild with than the folks I talk to every day on Red Guides? I think as long as you keep adults in the guild who enjoy the same thing you are fine.

I spent over 2000 Red Cents buying people level 2 access tonight alone. I refuse to believe that all people will eventually turn on me. I know that puts me in the minority but I'M OKAY with that.
I also don't think one bad day will destroy my Guild I'm speaking as a person who has had a stroke and has 2 non malignant brain tumors. I have bad days all the time. My first inclination isn't to wreck something someone else built.

I am on FV as well and I see a healthy amount of RGers running about and have referred a few of my Guildies to RGs,
I have also noticed a steady influx of Older Returning players coming back. Players mainly late 40s and older

Yea you are right there Zeus, really you can't trust people or they may try to find ways of punishing you when they are angry. I still feel we can do our best towards others and just skim over the part of admitting what we do, lol. Change the focus to them talking about themselves usually works well. It's hard we all have had negative experiences with people, I still feel that shouldn't stop us from ever talking to anyone
I still enjoy the social aspect of the game. I have toons in a cpl guilds. one raids, one is old friends who came back and are currently levelling up and gearing. I just don't automate when i group with people as a general rule, except a few i completely trust. I learned my lesson got all my accounts suspended. Now i just use 1 or 2 toons when i play with guildies or general players. I know who boxes, I keep that to myself. even when they sometimes do things i am not happy with.

I play to enjoy myself. I like to allow others to do the same.

have a good one:)

ZD

I know a few players that think they have to be the server police for some reason. They make it a point to KS my pulls, and send harassing messages. It's annoying and unnecessary. Whenever I have been harassed, I just log off for an hour and take a break. That way they can move on to their next target.
You can just curl up and fall asleep in your chair Doc.

I spent over 2000 Red Cents buying people level 2 access tonight alone. I refuse to believe that all people will eventually turn on me. I know that puts me in the minority but I'M OKAY with that.
I also don't think one bad day will destroy my Guild I'm speaking as a person who has had a stroke and has 2 non malignant brain tumors. I have bad days all the time. My first inclination isn't to wreck something someone else built.
I am sorry life has dealt you the hand it did. that path could not have been an easy one. I dont think *all* people are bad. I think the opposite. But I also think I have put hours upon hours into the .ini files of my toons alone, to say nothing on the subject of hundreds of hours grinding out xps. I do not wish to risk all that work on the hope that I dont run into that one person who will be the reason I lose all that effort. I wish the EQ community was like it was in 2000, where you could log in, run to zone, and /ooc looking for group, and have one in minutes. But it isnt. Boxing is almost a requirement to play EQ in 2023. And I think DBG knows this, and is lax on enforcing rules that were made 20 years ago. But I still do not wish to risk all that I have done. It is safer to be social with people, keep certain details to myself, hang out with people when possible, and box my tail off when no one is available. :) :)

I am sorry life has dealt you the hand it did. that path could not have been an easy one. I dont think *all* people are bad. I think the opposite. But I also think I have put hours upon hours into the .ini files of my toons alone, to say nothing on the subject of hundreds of hours grinding out xps. I do not wish to risk all that work on the hope that I dont run into that one person who will be the reason I lose all that effort. I wish the EQ community was like it was in 2000, where you could log in, run to zone, and /ooc looking for group, and have one in minutes. But it isnt. Boxing is almost a requirement to play EQ in 2023. And I think DBG knows this, and is lax on enforcing rules that were made 20 years ago. But I still do not wish to risk all that I have done. It is safer to be social with people, keep certain details to myself, hang out with people when possible, and box my tail off when no one is available. :) :)
I respect that choice and I understand it. All I ask in return is that if I choose to make friends on RG that extend into the game. The more cautious players respect that in return. Because I'm not going into it blind or making bad choices. I'm an adult and I'll handle it like an adult. Plus I like to help people almost anyone on FV would tell you that. You do you. I'll do me. And we'll respect that. That's all I want because of how I approach things.

You can just curl up and fall asleep in your chair Doc.
I don't fall asleep easily anywhere. I have yet to fall asleep in the chair. I do hope one day there is an advancement in medicine which will fix my spine....
I think this is the point here. To value ones time and effort is to be cautious. How I miss the old days of getting a group in minutes of logging. I even remember where I would log in and would even get several tells asking if I could come group. The goold ol days.
I respect that choice and I understand it. All I ask in return is that if I choose to make friends on RG that extend into the game. The more cautious players respect that in return. Because I'm not going into it blind or making bad choices. I'm an adult and I'll handle it like an adult. Plus I like to help people almost anyone on FV would tell you that. You do you. I'll do me. And we'll respect that. That's all I want because of how I approach things.
Rob, you are a good man. Don't ever change. My respects to your outlook on things. 🙏

I don't fall asleep easily anywhere. I have yet to fall asleep in the chair. I do hope one day there is an advancement in medicine which will fix my spine....

I think this is the point here. To value ones time and effort is to be cautious. How I miss the old days of getting a group in minutes of logging. I even remember where I would log in and would even get several tells asking if I could come group. The goold ol days.

Rob, you are a good man. Don't ever change. My respects to your outlook on things. 🙏
Doc you are an incredible man and I have learned much about this game from you. I am proud to call you my friend.

Last edited:
Discussion - Keep bots on my guild or make my own guild?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back