• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Just Saying Hi (1 Viewer)

mysfitking

RedCents
160¢
Hi Everyone,

Came across this group while looking for ideas on my boxing group, Started playing a Mage/Enc and felt the need to add more toons when my Merc tank got wasted ;)

Looking to do War as tank because I played one back in 2000 :) and while I know SK might be better I really like war.
Clr for heals I feel is great pick as always.
Doing a Rog for the first time though, mostly because I haven't before and I think once I do sub for the Very Vanilla it should be pretty easy to manage.
Mage seems like a good pick also for good DPS/Off tank with the pet.
Enc for buff/CC

With this group what are some good 6th slot options?
Its been a while since I played a full box team, I feel like the Merc are pretty sub par for FTP accounts. and if I'm going to sub here to play a full team I'd rather do that than Sub at DBG for the better merc.
Leaning towards Monk/Brd for pulling but if I have the Enc don't really feel like I need it or drop the enc for more DPS.

Anyway long winded way to say hi and get a feel for where I want to take the group.

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

That's a good start a group. You have Tank/Healer/CC filled, so you could put anything in the 6th slot really.

I pretty much always have a BL in my groups because they are just so good. Also nice synergy with the mage. You want as many pets as you can get.

I usually pull from my tank, but at low levels a puller class might suit you well. Monks are still fine. Not really amazing DPS at high level, but still very serviceable.

You could drop the enchanter for a bard, but they are both fine, so just take whatever you like more. (Bard speed and double invis is really convenient though.)

That's a good start a group. You have Tank/Healer/CC filled, so you could put anything in the 6th slot really.

I pretty much always have a BL in my groups because they are just so good. Also nice synergy with the mage. You want as many pets as you can get.

I usually pull from my tank, but at low levels a puller class might suit you well. Monks are still fine. Not really amazing DPS at high level, but still very serviceable.

You could drop the enchanter for a bard, but they are both fine, so just take whatever you like more. (Bard speed and double invis is really convenient though.)
Thanks, I'll look into BL, haven't really messed with them much so might be a fun learning adventure

Hi Everyone,

Came across this group while looking for ideas on my boxing group, Started playing a Mage/Enc and felt the need to add more toons when my Merc tank got wasted ;)

Looking to do War as tank because I played one back in 2000 :) and while I know SK might be better I really like war.
Clr for heals I feel is great pick as always.
Doing a Rog for the first time though, mostly because I haven't before and I think once I do sub for the Very Vanilla it should be pretty easy to manage.
Mage seems like a good pick also for good DPS/Off tank with the pet.
Enc for buff/CC

With this group what are some good 6th slot options?
Its been a while since I played a full box team, I feel like the Merc are pretty sub par for FTP accounts. and if I'm going to sub here to play a full team I'd rather do that than Sub at DBG for the better merc.
Leaning towards Monk/Brd for pulling but if I have the Enc don't really feel like I need it or drop the enc for more DPS.

Anyway long winded way to say hi and get a feel for where I want to take the group.

Thanks in advance for any replies :)
Hi back at you Msyfit, Bard does seem very good for you, and as for subbing at DBG versus here... it wouldn;t even make sense. A FTP account will be better than a Merc, so that should help. Mercs have no control, with VV MQ, you have ultimate control of what you want to have your group do. The better you get at the tools at your disposal here, the more awesome your team will be. Hope you stay and become a happy member here. I cannot play EQ without MQ from here. Try it once, watch the tutorial videos, come and talk and ask questions on the forum here. I am 100% positive you'll be hooked and say 'Why did I not play this way before?' Enjoy.

Hi back at you Msyfit, Bard does seem very good for you, and as for subbing at DBG versus here... it wouldn;t even make sense. A FTP account will be better than a Merc, so that should help. Mercs have no control, with VV MQ, you have ultimate control of what you want to have your group do. The better you get at the tools at your disposal here, the more awesome your team will be. Hope you stay and become a happy member here. I cannot play EQ without MQ from here. Try it once, watch the tutorial videos, come and talk and ask questions on the forum here. I am 100% positive you'll be hooked and say 'Why did I not play this way before?' Enjoy.
Thanks! a agree, i'll try a month here and see how it goes. cant wait to learn! I used Isboxer once and that was interesting, this seems a little more user friendly from the tutorial videos i did watch

You already have the start of a caster group: WAR/CLR/ENC
MAG/MAG/BST; or
MAG/NEC/BST

You won't *need* a separate, dedicated puller since you can just tank and CC with enc for any group pulls or manually pull with enc or cleric (lull/calm line of spells) while leveling. At max level, you'll probably run the tank in PullerTank mode from a camp setup. Personally, I'm not sure I could live without a BRD for selo's and dual-invis, but would not want to run BRD AND ENC.

WAR/CLR/BRD/MAG/NEC/BST is probably what I would roll with. Shelving a character seems painful at first, but it's a lot more painful to play a group for a few years that feels like it slogs through content from low dps.

Last edited:
Welcome back to eq and welcome to redguides.
Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

Happy Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

I had taken a long break, came back and EQ alone had a lot of changes, the walk throughs are nice, not everything is answered, but it's enough to be dangerous LOL... that said, I definitely found that learning and refining the INI taught me the most; experiment here, ask a question here, apply it there, seemed to teach me the most about it... I really enjoyed the older INI websites that walked me through (though I believe some are out of date or whatnot... they still were a really great place to learn a basic knowledge)

KISSASSIST

Still one of my favorites for learning and quick reference, if there's better, I am unaware... another one I liked for / macro commands was

MQ2MOVEUTILS

Just a couple nuggets that help me sort it out... and then again, asking questions of the community here @ RG has been HUGE!

Good Luck and Welcome Back!

Just my two red:rcents.

[HINT: 🐻 You too can help prevent forum fires by also "red:rcenting" (click the :rc icon to the right ---->)

Question - Just Saying Hi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back