• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Just returned to EQ and have a question on MQ trial (1 Viewer)

RedCents
400¢
Hello - I just returend to EQ and have been doing the alt tab method between my cleric and ranger. One of my guildies told me to check you guys out and I was wondering if you offered a trial? It looks like it is pretty simple to set up and I've watched most of the tutorials. I am just leary of paying for it before I see if it works.

Thanks!!

Hello - I just returend to EQ and have been doing the alt tab method between my cleric and ranger. One of my guildies told me to check you guys out and I was wondering if you offered a trial? It looks like it is pretty simple to set up and I've watched most of the tutorials. I am just leary of paying for it before I see if it works.

Thanks!!
You can purchase level 2 access with 50 red cents, which is the currency of RedGuides. I’ve given you one, and I’m sure others will give you some as well.

MQ is so much better than trying to Alt+Tab and I wish you luck in your future boxing endeavors. Welcome back to EQ and Happy holidays!

You just need level 2 to get some free stuff.

Its all about the Red Cents!!!

Often overlooked!! You buy level 2 in the Red Cent shop with Red Cents or someone might be generous and give you a level 2 as a welcome - I just gave you a level 2 for one month free.

The level 2 also gives you the ability to give others Red Cents for good or helpful or funny posts. It does not cost you any to give and in giving them out it will also earn you more. If you make posts that others find funny, helpful, good question etc then they will give you Reds and that is 10 each time. So it is a good thing to come here and post now and then.

By passing out and earning these "red Cents" you can use them to keep up your free level 2 each month.

You are now level 2 so can pass out some Red Cents daily or get started on the other things. It only takes 50 red cents a month to stay level 2 so that is super easy since you can give out 4 a day.

You can purchase level 2 access with 50 red cents, which is the currency of RedGuides. I’ve given you one, and I’m sure others will give you some as well.

MQ is so much better than trying to Alt+Tab and I wish you luck in your future boxing endeavors. Welcome back to EQ and Happy holidays!
Thaks for that I appreciate it. This site so far has been a treasure trove.

You just need level 2 to get some free stuff.

Its all about the Red Cents!!!

Often overlooked!! You buy level 2 in the Red Cent shop with Red Cents or someone might be generous and give you a level 2 as a welcome - I just gave you a level 2 for one month free.

The level 2 also gives you the ability to give others Red Cents for good or helpful or funny posts. It does not cost you any to give and in giving them out it will also earn you more. If you make posts that others find funny, helpful, good question etc then they will give you Reds and that is 10 each time. So it is a good thing to come here and post now and then.

By passing out and earning these "red Cents" you can use them to keep up your free level 2 each month.

You are now level 2 so can pass out some Red Cents daily or get started on the other things. It only takes 50 red cents a month to stay level 2 so that is super easy since you can give out 4 a day.
Wow thank you! I will make sure to pay this forward.

Welcome back to EQ and welcome to RedGuides!
Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome to RG and glad you're level 2!!!

A few items below to help you on your new RG learning journey.

Watch the vids Sic has created as they are your greatest source of information. I would even recommend watching them twice. Toon Movement - AutoGroup/AutoAccept/MQ2Yes - Basic Overview

Once you have an idea of how things work, you'll want to look into some automation options. Check out Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free and you'll want to spend some time looking at CWTN Plugins Explained.).

I suggest getting your feet wet slowly and be patient as it takes time to absorb all this information. Try taking your toons somewhere safe and lower level at first and explore the automation options. It takes some time to get used to, so don't be surprised it if feels overwhelming at first.

Once you feel like your're getting the hang of it (or to get a more in depth idea of what this site can do), then check out the plugins, macros, and lua's available to complement your automation. Things like MQ2pluginmanager, buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, MQ2Autoaccept, MQ2Status, GuildClicky, Boxhud, MQ2Buffme , and more. You'll also want to see Lua event manager.

Thanks Psy I appreciate the reply and all the links. I admit its a little overwhelming here but I'm slowing decimnating it all! I also laughed out loud when I saw this - "

I run with scissors,break crayons,and eat paste"​

Thanks Psy I appreciate the reply and all the links. I admit its a little overwhelming here but I'm slowing decimnating it all! I also laughed out loud when I saw this - "

I run with scissors,break crayons,and eat paste"​

It can be for sure, but trust me when I say it will all make sense and come together if you give yourself time and have patience. I recall when I started and was so enamored with all the cool new tools and then watched Sic's videos where he makes it look so darn easy. Not everything worked when I tried and some things didn't work the way I expected but I finally decided to try one thing at a time to see how it worked, if I liked it, and how it fit into my group dynamic. Once you get comfortable with the basics, the rest will fall into place. And if/when it doesn't and you can't seem to get something to work, there is always this awesome community on these boards or discord to bounce questions off and folks are super fast to help!

It can be for sure, but trust me when I say it will all make sense and come together if you give yourself time and have patience. I recall when I started and was so enamored with all the cool new tools and then watched Sic's videos where he makes it look so darn easy. Not everything worked when I tried and some things didn't work the way I expected but I finally decided to try one thing at a time to see how it worked, if I liked it, and how it fit into my group dynamic. Once you get comfortable with the basics, the rest will fall into place. And if/when it doesn't and you can't seem to get something to work, there is always this awesome community on these boards or discord to bounce questions off and folks are super fast to help!
Totally agree with you! I almost bought mq2ranger but decided I should understand VV and all the stuff already bundled into that first.

Totally agree with you! I almost bought mq2ranger but decided I should understand VV and all the stuff already bundled into that first.
The plugins from CWTN/Sic are, IMO, the best choices for automation and I definitely recommend them if you want an "out of the box" solution you can make nice adjustments to on the fly and are easy to learn and operate. Sic's videos do a great job explaining how to make em work, what you should and should not expect, and also help you learn the basics of some of the classes you may not otherwise have played. Plus, you can /testcopy your toons over to test and use them for free there so it's a great way to try them out and practice if you don't already play on test.

once you get your toes in the water and start discovering some of the paid items that are available like cwtn plugins and mq2grind i always like to let new players know that a lot of these paid items are available to try out for free on the test server! it allows you to make an informed decision toward your boxing project before purchase.

I also like to point out to new members that all of the QoL that this community brings to eq is against the Terms of Service in the game itself. be aware of this and always be sure to play at the keyboard with no heavily extended afks etc ... there is always a possible risk of suspension etc but if you play smart and friendly you shouldnt have issues. once you get used to how it works youll never go back!

welcome to the greatest boxing community in norrath!!!!

just a note, i believe all of the plugins etc are free on TEST server, so it might be worth test copying your characters, and playing on test while you get your head around all the various ways of using MQ then when you have found your favored solution, going back to your normal server

once you get your toes in the water and start discovering some of the paid items that are available like cwtn plugins and mq2grind i always like to let new players know that a lot of these paid items are available to try out for free on the test server! it allows you to make an informed decision toward your boxing project before purchase.

I also like to point out to new members that all of the QoL that this community brings to eq is against the Terms of Service in the game itself. be aware of this and always be sure to play at the keyboard with no heavily extended afks etc ... there is always a possible risk of suspension etc but if you play smart and friendly you shouldnt have issues. once you get used to how it works youll never go back!

welcome to the greatest boxing community in norrath!!!!
Yeah I've read that about AFK's on many posts and videos. I dont plan on getting to out of control with automation. In a perfect world I would love to find a guild on Tunare where I can jump back into things with real flesh and blood people.

IRL - Just returned to EQ and have a question on MQ trial

Users who are viewing this thread

Back